ADVERTISEMENT

Ooh Child

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
Did any of you catch the song at the end of Sanchez' speech?

In some ways I think Sanchez coming straight from the high school ranks is an advantage in his approach to fix what's been a predominantly gloomy culture and defeated mentality within the program. Having coached the younger kids for all of his career in high school I think helps him bring an original style of leadership to college that often strays from the strict all-business rhetoric that was typified by Hauck and his staff. It's a style that is exactly what UNLV needs.

He's good at relating with the players and teaching them how the hard work and struggle is "fun" and "rewarding", and he does it while also demanding high performance and discipline. At the end of the day (as Sanchez would say), having "fun" wins ball games. It's a powerful motivation because when players are truly having fun in a sport, it means they are practicing harder, mentally stronger, and performing at their highest levels. It's why success usually breeds more success, and why failure is usually difficult to overcome. Tark had a similar influence on his players.

What I have noticed this first 4 weeks is Sanchez is big on having a new message every week and hammering it home throughout preparation and then on game day. They find a Mantra for the upcoming opponent and use it as fuel.

Really hope we get a peek in the locker , interested to see what this pre-game speech will be like.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT