ADVERTISEMENT

Odom named as potential candidate at UW.

There are 10-12 open P4 coaching positions every year. @ 1/3 to 1/2 go to assistants getting a first chance. The rest are to lower program coaches and a few pro coaches going to the college ranks. So, 4 or 5 coaches in Odom's position go each year. I think we need to bet on our coach leaving within three years. Almost a guarantee if he stays successful.

Harpers job is to keep his list fresh and keep signing Odom to higher contracts with as large as possible buyouts. P4 programs don't care about buyouts and we will need the money for a new coach.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
AND... at his previous P5 he wasn't wildly successful. Above .500, yes, but nothing to the level that UW wants.
UW has been good because of Penix and he is now gone also Odunze is out too. UW is like UO they have splashy offenses, no defense and raise their big heads once in a blue moon and they get beat soundly when they do!

UW isn't hiring Odom. This list seems based on the writer's opinion
We might as well as getting use to this. Coach O will be mentioned with every opening from here on out. He give no indication whatsoever that he will leave UNLV but yet his name keep being mentioned. His two kids committed to UNLV. If you are a parents you would know how much that weigh.

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
We might as well as getting use to this. Coach O will be mentioned with every opening from here on out. He give no indication whatsoever that he will leave UNLV but yet his name keep being mentioned. His two kids committed to UNLV. If you are a parents you would know how much that weigh.
All it shows is that his kids will play wherever he is at….. wake up

You do not close on recruits this weekend if there was concern about him leaving?
In other posts it looks like we got a commitment or two from some decent guys, I could be wrong but I don’t think this happens if Odom was serious about being out next year!

Kansas fans are currently doing this same dance with Liebold. I don't see how UW is a better job than Lawrence, given all the returning players your roster has and where they're literally building you facilities that you worked on designing and laying out. Just because writers name names it creates frenzied reactions without sound judgement...

Kansas fans are currently doing this same dance with Liebold. I don't see how UW is a better job than Lawrence, given all the returning players your roster has and where they're literally building you facilities that you worked on designing and laying out. Just because writers name names it creates frenzied reactions without sound judgement...

I guess it comes down to which school gives you the best chance to win consistently and money.

History would say Washington. But a move to Big10 seems like a tougher path now than new Big12.

Asked me this a few years ago Washington job no question.

Now it's a lot closer than history would suggest.

I guess it comes down to which school gives you the best chance to win consistently and money.

History would say Washington. But a move to Big10 seems like a tougher path now than new Big12.

Asked me this a few years ago Washington job no question.

Now it's a lot closer than history would suggest.
Well winning 8-9 games at those high profile places is not enough. Win 8-9 games here and he will get keys to the city. Maybe not as much money But less stress. Instead of maybe looking for a new job in a few years and maybe never getting a HC at a Div 1 school ever again .

Well winning 8-9 games at those high profile places is not enough. Win 8-9 games here and he will get keys to the city. Maybe not as much money But less stress. Instead of maybe looking for a new job in a few years and maybe never getting a HC at a Div 1 school ever again .

I don't disagree...

Reactions: SilverSpoon
I can't see Whittingham leaving. He's been rumored to be contemplating retirement for a bit..

Pure guess Liepold, Fisch top of list. Campbell was a really hot name but he may have missed his window.
That may be the laziest list I’ve ever seen. No way whittingham would leave, and if Washington was looking at Kalani Sitake they may as well just shut down the program.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT