ADVERTISEMENT

Domino effect?

LVRebel2000

Rebel Legend
Gold Member
Jun 30, 2011
Las Vegas
Is he talking about if Odom moves elsewhere? Since UW lost their coach, say they hire the AZ coach, or someone like that, the dominos start falling and who knows where it goes?

Last edited:
Reactions: bcvegaspt
If this happens so be it, if not lock Odom up with a bigger buyout to go get another former HC. I hope AD Harper remembers the blueprint that worked just a year ago!

Reactions: 220reb
Odom not going anywhere. He's already said he's not taking a paycheck. I think the concern would be around Marion running off to a UW staff depending on who they hire and or the trickle down affect of the next G5 opening coming for Marion after their coach goes to UW/whatever better opening trickles around

Odom not going anywhere. He's already said he's not taking a paycheck. I think the concern would be around Marion running off to a UW staff depending on who they hire and or the trickle down affect of the next G5 opening coming for Marion after their coach goes to UW/whatever better opening trickles around
They ALL say they aren't going anywhere. What are they supposed to say?

If Odom goes take Marion too so we don’t have to endlessly debate about him being the HC here!
hate to say it if he goes hes taking Marion regardless. U r going to have to give him the HC job. Too late to recoup. Give him a few years and maybe just maybe Marion knocks it out of the park. There will be so many decommitments we may never recover.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
hate to say it if he goes hes taking Marion regardless. U r going to have to give him the HC job. Too late to recoup. Give him a few years and maybe just maybe Marion knocks it out of the park. There will be so many decommitments we may never recover.
True!

Not coaching related exactly...
White getting a huge NIL offer to go to ND...
Let's say White goes, there's a huge trickle down of guys that would leave because the offense starts falling apart...
Conversely let's say our NIL group comes up with 250k to keep him around, everyone else will be asking for more money and the dominoes start falling away...

Not coaching related exactly...
White getting a huge NIL offer to go to ND...
Let's say White goes, there's a huge trickle down of guys that would leave because the offense starts falling apart...
Conversely let's say our NIL group comes up with 250k to keep him around, everyone else will be asking for more money and the dominoes start falling away...
Let them have him. For $ 250,000 we can get three receivers nearly as good. Better team result.

Let them have him. For $ 250,000 we can get three receivers nearly as good. Better team result.
How many Belitnikoff candidates do you think are out there itching to come to UNLV? How about 1000 yard receivers? Yeah, that's the problem, there aren't really any, it's a vicious cycle of pay or pay, lol... we might be able to get a few receivers but not at his level

The Utah Utes players (all) get new trucks
The get a 1 year lease from what I understand, or am I wrong? I am curious what the dealership will say to customers who want a better price on their trucks and point out they gave them away for free to students at Utah. If I was the owner of another competing dealership, I would use that to my advantage if at all possible.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Papa White and Ricky White just called out Grimala on twitter saying that report is false. Not a good look…probably best to just keep your mouth shut on NIL matters even if there’s truth to it Mike. Stick to the cooking and golf cart interviews.

How many Belitnikoff candidates do you think are out there itching to come to UNLV? How about 1000 yard receivers? Yeah, that's the problem, there aren't really any, it's a vicious cycle of pay or pay, lol... we might be able to get a few receivers but not at his level
My theory is based on NOT needing 1 player his caliber, but three players of a very good caliber. He is one injury away from being of no value - whereas three players can suffer an injury to one and the team is still well off. Or the three players are only 40% each of his production. That is still 20% more production than a single receiver.

I ripped Grimala on Twitter so I don’t need to repeat it here.

I will say that he acknowledges hanging out with Bischoff who is a big time UNLV hater. No doubt that those two circle …. Trying to find ways to tear down our programs.

If I’m in UNLV athletics in any capacity I’d never talk to either of those two. I wouldn’t even let him do the golf cart interview thing with players. Too toxic and you don’t need to invite known negativity into your program.

He, Bischoff, Graney… all cut from the same cloth.

My theory is based on NOT needing 1 player his caliber, but three players of a very good caliber. He is one injury away from being of no value - whereas three players can suffer an injury to one and the team is still well off. Or the three players are only 40% each of his production. That is still 20% more production than a single receiver.

Said this earlier. G5 schools are basically the Royals, As and Orioles...

You either have to recruit under the radar guys, or be very selective in where and who you spend your money on.

Purely making up numbers here but..

Say Ricky White's asking price was 150k

Is UNLV better off spending that on one guy...

Or

Landing three players at 50k?

Becomes a Moneyball situation where you try and get better through the aggregate vs possibly retaining or landing one dude.

I don't know what the right approach is honestly. I think it's probably a case by case type thing.

I will say that he acknowledges hanging out with Bischoff who is a big time UNLV hater. No doubt that those two circle …. Trying to find ways to tear down our programs.

If I’m in UNLV athletics in any capacity I’d never talk to either of those two. I wouldn’t even let him do the golf cart interview thing with players. Too toxic and you don’t need to invite known negativity into your program.

Just saw that exchange. Kind of surprised. He’s kissed ass pretty good to keep an in - he will put out whatever UNLV wants whenever UNLV wants. Surprised he’d put this out there without such easy confirmation/denial from the other side.

Maybe he felt stagnant, wanted to make a splash and stir things up. People get addicted to their online persona sometimes, that need for interaction, recognition, whether positive or negative, the likes, the follows, the feedback … Who knows at this point?

It was glorious...

And especially shocking coming from an Idiot!

Just saw that exchange. Kind of surprised. He’s kissed ass pretty good to keep an in - he will put out whatever UNLV wants whenever UNLV wants. Surprised he’d put this out there without such easy confirmation/denial from the other side.

Maybe he felt stagnant, wanted to make a splash and stir things up. People get addicted to their online persona sometimes, that need for interaction, recognition, whether positive or negative, the likes, the follows, the feedback … Who knows at this point?

Thinking out loud - If he's always a schill for UNLV - If his info is true, wouldn't a Notre Dame's offer be against NCAA rules? I thought you "can't" offer $ as an inticement to transfer? Maybe UNLV had him put it out to expose ND and kill the offer?

Thinking out loud - If he's always a schill for UNLV - If his info is true, wouldn't a Notre Dame's offer be against NCAA rules? I thought you "can't" offer $ as an inticement to transfer? Maybe UNLV had him put it out to expose ND and kill the offer?

You'd think Notre Dame would be smarter than that..But anything is possible.

This goes back to my question about cold hard cash vs 'gifts' or other potential revenue streams...

Ricky you could make X amount of money from doing local commercials. Or your jersey sales could be worth X amount of dollars. Or here's X amount of dollars for free housing and if your parents 'choose' to live their we aren't breaking any rules..

It just feels like we'd be seeing a lot more dumbassery on social media if dudes were getting handed 300k outright.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
With the way media works today, anything is possible. That thought crossed my mind. He is a shill, but for who? And at what cost? Media can flip and flop for whoever if the price right, imo.

People that allow themselves to be used will cave to meager offerings.

So you do bring up a good point. Who knows the MO?

Not me. I would rather own one Porsche vs 3 Toyotas. A Ricky White will command double team on the defense. Plus we are getting Casey Cain coming to really mess up the defense coverages.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT