ADVERTISEMENT

New Coaching Staff/ Recruiting/ Twitter

rebelbuck

Retired Number
Aug 14, 2007
I am liking the transparency with the program that comes with coaches that are active on twitter. If you follow who the coaches are following you can see who some of the targets we are going after might be for 2015 and 2016 before rivals or scout really updates

. Fun to see where they are looking and what kind of players they are after.

@CoachGarrisonOL

@larussa46

@Coach_Cotton

@CoachJChristian

@QBcoachODell

@CoachC_UNLV

One of my biggest criticism's with Hauck was the failure to grasp social media. Keeping your entire football team off twitter makes no sense. What kid wants to play for a coach that won't let them on twitter? It sounds stupid but these are 16/17/18 year old kids making decisions.

I remember talking with a guy at a car dealership in town. He said he played DB at Oregon in college. I asked him why he went there. He was completely serious and said "the jerseys." I asked how can you base such an important decision on jerseys. He told me he knew he wasn't going pro so all cared about was he wanted to go somewhere he could have fun and "look good on the sidelines." Taking away twitter = taking away fun for these kids.

Thanks, Buck, and interesting take Rebelious. I'm not on twitter but I do understand that kids love it. Nowadays you have to cater to the kids a little more.

A guy I was talking to the other day said he hears more talk of recruiting and recruits around the football offices in a day then he heard in the last four years under Hauck.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT