ADVERTISEMENT

MW Commissioner press conference

She was very vague on the distribution of the $14 million. Basically, we have to wait until the end of the next season to see how much money would be available to distribute after expenses.

The schedule for next year hasn't been established so no one knows when or where we play the two schools. Existing scheduling will still be honored but the "regular" season has not been worked out.

Very vague on the discussion about what happens after the arrangement for the first year. You could see her face react to a question about what if the Pac2 expands taking schools from the MWC. My feeling is she is somewhat concerned. As for a second year for the arrangement that is yet to be determined.

I don't know what else she could have said. There is no road map giving us direction to a known destination. The future outcome of the MWC is still up in the air.

Reactions: 220reb
She doesn't exactly exude confidence. I thought she would be an upgrade from Craig Thompson. We have 2 seasons left on this TV deal and the Pac has 2 seasons to get back to 12 teams.

She doesn't exactly exude confidence. I thought she would be an upgrade from Craig Thompson. We have 2 seasons left on this TV deal and the Pac has 2 seasons to get back to 12 teams.
The Pac2 schools like her. She is guarded in what she says. On one hand she is the MWC Commissioner and on the other she will be the future Pac12 Commissioner.

Is it guarded or unsure. To me it sounds like she should have delayed the Pac conversation until she had more to share. Because I have more questions about our Pac agreement

Is it guarded or unsure. To me it sounds like she should have delayed the Pac conversation until she had more to share. Because I have more questions about our Pac agreement
At the very beginning of the presser they said they would not be discussing any specifics on the agreement. The press pushed on that with their questions and she deferred those question to staff members. I don't know if she was intentionally avoiding those or if she was not involved in the specifics. She did say there were many lawyers involved in that agreement.

I do agree with you in that I would have liked more specific answers.

Actually they only need 8

Not if pac2 invites just the schools it wants after tv deal is over. Or if 9 of 12 MWC schools vote to leave with no penalty.
That seems like modern business school cutthroat crap. It wouldn’t be honorable. If a program wants to stay, it should be able to.

The TV deal is over in 2 years. Doesn't that mean that there is no payout for leaving after the expiration of that contract? Is there another fee needed to exit? Maybe I was misinformed but I thought that the exit fee was based solely on the TV deal.

I can only go off what she has said in interviews. She believes that the MWC is a package deal. After the TV deal is over we will need to Vote to dissolve conference and merge with the Pac. She will need to negotiate with OSU/Wazzo who will be very motivated to get this merger done.

When it comes to Honor I don't care what other people do. You Honor has to do with how you act - not how others act.
True, but I do not take conference membership a bond for life. It is an voluntary association meant to help the membership, kind of like a labor union.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
When it comes to Honor I don't care what other people do. You Honor has to do with how you act - not how others act.
Where is it dishonorable to honor a contract. The contract and bylaws set forth terms and conditions for teams to join or leave the conference. It is legally binding on all members. If someone wants to leave and they abide by the contract that they agreed to then they have honored their word and Commitment.

When we fire a coach 3 years into a 5 year contract are we being dishonorable?

Reactions: bcvegaspt
True, but I do not take conference membership a bond for life. It is an voluntary association meant to help the membership, kind of like a labor union.
People forget that 25 years ago the "Breakaway 8" met at the Denver Int'l airport for a clandestine meeting to discuss leaving the WAC and form a new conference. They thought if you take the best of the WAC there would be more money. So, our MWC history was formed on disloyalty if one wants to look at it that way. I look at it as you can't better your school without more money.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT