ADVERTISEMENT

More interviews coming

Would be great if it could wait until the following week. I know those are happening and these guys gotta talk when the schools need em to, but it kinda sucks to divide focus.

It does definitely, but guys in that spot can't turn those interviews down. You tell a school you want to wait, they likely tell you to pound sand and move on to next candidate.

It does definitely, but guys in that spot can't turn those interviews down. You tell a school you want to wait, they likely tell you to pound sand and move on to next candidate.
Provide depends on how much they want you... if you're really a candidate, they'll wait. If you're a box to check off then yeah.. I'm guessing he's going to get a lot of calls. He's always been an exciting name, hopefully his new roots cause him to think more about moving around so quickly

Reactions: Meister_Rebel
No doubt. I get it for sure, just sucks that there is no decorum in these spaces. Like a major penalty from the ncaa for reaching out to a coach on a team still playing. Make everybody wait and we can do it all at once.

I do understand though

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
In regards to Houston.

Looked at a few sites. Odom pops up, but is that people reporting sources or speculating? Don't know.
Lots of speculation... even the MSU bloggers listed him as a potential candidate.. so I'm not sure if an interview actually occurred or if it as simple as a phone call to his agent

Lots of speculation... even the MSU bloggers listed him as a potential candidate.. so I'm not sure if an interview actually occurred or if it as simple as a phone call to his agent

His name will get floated with just about any job opening where it makes a semblance of sense.

I don't think you see him 'linked' to someplace like Syracuse.

We've been through enough coaching searches (unfortunately) that there are more speculated names in the running for jobs than actual names.

Reactions: RRebel
Right. There's only so many P5 jobs that will A- be open and B- make sense for him..
Now Marion, different story completely

100%.

Damn near any G5/P5 HC job that opens. (Seriously doubt it would be P5 that's a massive gamble)

But..

After season, potentially any P5 OC spots open, could be problematic because of pay increase and prestige.

Reactions: RRebel
I would be surprised if Houston hired him after one season. As good of a season as it was and our offense looks unquestionably different. You would think they would need at least two years for their next HC.

Fertittas using UNLV as a feeder for Houston? Shocking news!
I forgot Tilman existed.... cousin to the local Fertittas.

Don't really know why there would be mutual involvement. If Tilman wanted someone in particular, they could probably go get 'em $$$.

Last edited:
I forgot Tilman existed.... cousin to the local Fertittas.

Don't really know why there would be mutual involvement. If Tilman wanted someone in particular, they could probably go get 'em $$$.
Tilman actually cares about his local school.
He gave 20 million to upgrade their bball facilities. He gave 50 million for a med school.
He is worth 9 billion. Owns the Rockets.
He will get who he wants to get.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Odom didn't interview for the MSST job so I'm not sure where that info came from.

But the guy that tweeted that frequents this board so maybe he can enlighten us.
Honestly think it'd be really irresponsible for any current HC to interview right before a game to win a outright conference championship. I don't care of those programs want to move fast, if they want you, and there's mutual interest, they can wait or they can go elsewhere... at least that's how adult programs should handle it...
Now coordinators, different story

He gave 20 million to upgrade their bball facilities. He gave 50 million for a med school.
He's also on the board of regents down there it seems?

How I read this...
"Marion is a popular name amongst fans who want to see high scoring offense and here's a list of all the potential OC or G5/P5 jobs that might be interested... and then lists them all

Honestly think it'd be really irresponsible for any current HC to interview right before a game to win a outright conference championship. I don't care of those programs want to move fast, if they want you, and there's mutual interest, they can wait or they can go elsewhere... at least that's how adult programs should handle it...
Now coordinators, different story
Those schools who insist on interviewing candidates before the coach's season is over will be the first schools to fire the coach if things don't turn out just right. There should be some professional decorum here.

Hope he adopts UNLV now that he has investments in NV. Even being the adopted step-child will get you some serious cash with that kind of bank account.

Those schools who insist on interviewing candidates before the coach's season is over will be the first schools to fire the coach if things don't turn out just right. There should be some professional decorum here.
Coaches are hired assassins. They have no loyalty to the university for whom they work. It's a business. Remember that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT