ADVERTISEMENT

Looks like Carter may be gone

Ben's dad had a tweet from about a week ago saying they were on board with Beard and everything and that tweet has been deleted since then.

Looks like it's going to truly be a whole new roster next year. Austin Starr deserves a scholarship. Who else is staying? Poyser and Green? Hope the new coaching staff can recruit!

new team? ok, wasnt to impressed w past team. things happening to poyser(coaching hire maybe), so he will stay

Looks like it's going to truly be a whole new roster next year. Austin Starr deserves a scholarship. Who else is staying? Poyser and Green? Hope the new coaching staff can recruit!

This is no reason to giveaway a scholarship to a walk-on who Beard doesn't know (as a player) from Adam. It's an opportunity to bring a complete roster of his kind of players, I'm sure Poyser will leave, and they can Larry Brown Tyrell Green to make him go away (When Brown got to SMU he told guys they wouldn't play to get them to leave). Bring in some combination of JUCO/5th transfers, incoming freshman and transfers who will sit out the 16-17 season that adds up to 13.

This is no reason to giveaway a scholarship to a walk-on who Beard doesn't know (as a player) from Adam. It's an opportunity to bring a complete roster of his kind of players, I'm sure Poyser will leave, and they can Larry Brown Tyrell Green to make him go away (When Brown got to SMU he told guys they wouldn't play to get them to leave). Bring in some combination of JUCO/5th transfers, incoming freshman and transfers who will sit out the 16-17 season that adds up to 13.

Easy peasy. Just go to D1BasketballPlayers-R-Us, grab a cart, and start shopping!!!

Reactions: the Florian Trout
As of about 3pm on ESPN 1100, he was “considering” a transfer.

I’ve got to say, as much as we here (at least most of us) are stoked by Coach Beard’s vision for a better Rebel product to come, he doesn’t seem to be reaching the players.

I really thought Carter was one piece that would fit perfectly. And Coach’s insistence on building a winner for the seniors was aimed directly at Ben (and Green). Perhaps the rift over Stacey cut so deep that it couldn’t be repaired…:bomb::boom:

Carter suprised me. Tough player; loved his hustle and enthusiasm. Cheered my arse off for that deud and I know he was a fan favorite, so im kind a pissed he's taking a dump on us. Oh well, we want players that want to be Rebels and these guys leaving I hope they take the stink of these 7th place finishes with them.

New Era: the Rebels plane from wonderland is taking off and its heading back to the real world. Arriving this summer. Its going to be a bumpy ride at first, but those bumps will be smoothed out into MWC championships and NCAA tourney wins; I hope anyway.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/14390188/college-basketball-transfer-list

Give you an idea of how many players transfer each year, not hard to put together 7-8 guys to go with a few freshmen.

That's 395 names, and the off-season has only just begun.

That list is players of widely varying quality. I'm not sure the elite transfers want to walk into the unknown that a new coach and entirely new roster would present. I think what will be available to Beard is serviceable players who see potential for minutes at UNLV where they couldn't get them at another program with a major name.

I don't think his UALR team would have gone 30-5 in the MWC this year, and I think he will put together a similar team here that might bring us to the same record we had this season. I'll take that, then my expectations will be improvement every year and in the Dance by the 3rd year.

That list is players of widely varying quality. I'm not sure the elite transfers want to walk into the unknown that a new coach and entirely new roster would present. I think what will be available to Beard is serviceable players who see potential for minutes at UNLV where they couldn't get them at another program with a major name.

I don't think his UALR team would have gone 30-5 in the MWC this year, and I think he will put together a similar team here that might bring us to the same record we had this season. I'll take that, then my expectations will be improvement every year and in the Dance by the 3rd year.

If he can achieve the same record that we had this last season...that would be amazing imo. To achieve that with a brand new team bringing in 8? + guys....something that our top 15 recruiting classes achieved. I think it would be very impressive.

If he can achieve the same record that we had this last season...that would be amazing imo. To achieve that with a brand new team bringing in 8? + guys....something that our top 15 recruiting classes achieved. I think it would be very impressive.

In fairness, both the luck factor and the choke factor worked heavily against UNLV this year. They should have had a much better record.

He's looking at some nice players; if JJ, JF and Carlos stay, this could turnout to be a great recruiting class.

My Best case scenario 2016-17 roster : Jones, Carter, JP,Green, Obepka, Jackson, Fisher, Carlos, Avery Woodson, Kessee, Gilmore and a couple of suprises.

In fairness, both the luck factor and the choke factor worked heavily against UNLV this year. They should have had a much better record.

Personally, I would replace 'should have' with 'could have'. There were a couple of tight games we won, that I am sure opposing fans felt their team should have won.

Honestly, I feel like the final record accurately depicted the talent, chemistry and coaching of this team.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT