ADVERTISEMENT

Official Game Thread LETS GO REBELS

He wasn’t good at all. A couple drops, but he wasn’t sharp at all. Hurt us but even with a great game, I’m not so sure. Running game was pretty decent though.
He might be good enough to get by in the Mountain West but he isn’t taking us to the next level anytime soon.

He might be good enough to get by in the Mountain West but he isn’t taking us to the next level anytime soon.
Maybe not. But when your average record historically is 4-8 or 3-7.... it’s a step in the right direction. I think being good enough to actually compete in the MWC would be refreshing. Can’t place basketball expectations on football at this point.

With that new stadium going in there is no excuses about not being competitive with teams like USC.

I thought we fought gallantly, we are definitely heading to the right direction. Armani needs to settle down, it will come, I hope. Hopefully, it builds up from here on out and still have the team pegged at 7-5 for the season

I was disappointed in many aspects of todays game, but I think overall there are a lot of positive takeaways. In the first half, the defense gave up a few plays but held them to field goals, which was impressive to me. I thought we still moved the ball pretty well for such a stout defense. Of course Rogers could improve on some of the passes, but it was the first game of the season verses the best team they will face all season. He is still a sophmore, so he will get better.

End result, I'm disappointed they let the USC run the show in the second half, but I am excited about the next few weeks. UTEP is pretty terrible, so hopefully the guys learn from this week and take care of business next Saturday.

Did we just run out of gas again? Sounds like we played great but the 4th quarter it got away

Most impressive thing for me was we had DBs covering USC wideouts closely pretty much all day. Huge step in the right direction.

2 sacks and 6 tackles for loss is also a great sign.

Let’s be honest, defense in general looked like we had an idea of what was going on all day. That’s new.

Makes you wonder what Baer was doing the past 3 seasons of Skipper can get this production in game 1 against USC.

this is a hype game for us against USC. I am more concerned about next game. Are they going to continue this or are they going to play at opponents level. It will be interesting how they play UTEP next week

Isn't the next level making a bowl game?
Making a bowl game just means you won 50% of your games and yes that is the first step to get to the next level. The next level I was referring to would be actually knocking off top 20 teams. We will get there. Step by step.

In other news Tyleek Collins is a player!

Most impressive thing for me was we had DBs covering USC wideouts closely pretty much all day. Huge step in the right direction.

Let’s be honest, defense in general looked like we had an idea of what was going on all day. That’s new.

Makes you wonder what Baer was doing the past 3 seasons of Skipper can get this production in game 1 against USC.
Coverage was much better and many times when they were locked up one on one. I hate employing the “don’t let them throw it deep” philosophy, allowing them to catch an 8 yard pass and then shoddy tackling adding on another 10 yards to the pass play.

We were pretty tight in coverage, many times step for step. Big improvement.

Reactions: dcut03

Coverage was much better and many times when they were locked up one on one. I hate employing the “don’t let them throw it deep” philosophy, allowing them to catch an 8 yard pass and then shoddy tackling adding on another 10 yards to the pass play.

We were pretty tight in coverage, many times step for step. Big improvement.

Don't forget we are adding Perry, a 4* soph DB. who didn't play at USC bc of concussion.

BREAKING NEWS: NCAA clears Alex Perry to play
ByJoe Arrigo Aug 30, 6:49 PM
Share Share

Inside the Rebels has learned that the NCAA has cleared former Bishop Gorman and Arizona St. CB Alex Perry to play immediately this season. Perry, who is a sophomore and played from ASU last season, transferred into UNLV due to a family medical situation and he wanted to be closer to his family in Vegas. He petitioned the NCAA to play immediately in the summer and had waiting to hear back from the NCAA as to whether or not he could play in the 2018 season.

Perry, who played for head coach Tony Sanchez is out for the USC game this week due to concussion symptoms. He is expected to start opposite of Jericho Flowers for the Rebels when he returns giving UNLV one of the best cornerback duos in the Mountain West Conference.

Reactions: 1Tripoda and dcut03
BREAKING NEWS: NCAA clears Alex Perry to play
ByJoe Arrigo Aug 30, 6:49 PM
Share Share

Inside the Rebels has learned that the NCAA has cleared former Bishop Gorman and Arizona St. CB Alex Perry to play immediately this season. Perry, who is a sophomore and played from ASU last season, transferred into UNLV due to a family medical situation and he wanted to be closer to his family in Vegas. He petitioned the NCAA to play immediately in the summer and had waiting to hear back from the NCAA as to whether or not he could play in the 2018 season.

Perry, who played for head coach Tony Sanchez is out for the USC game this week due to concussion symptoms. He is expected to start opposite of Jericho Flowers for the Rebels when he returns giving UNLV one of the best cornerback duos in the Mountain West Conference.
Sweet!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT