ADVERTISEMENT

JuCo market

Mjs_702

National Player of the Year
Aug 4, 2012
twitter.com
@jeffrabjohns claims Freddie McSwain landed himself a UNLV offer today. I'd look up the name of the school but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

6'6" forward. Also has an offer from Crean.

@jeffrabjohns claims Freddie McSwain landed himself a UNLV offer today. I'd look up the name of the school but I suppose it doesn't really matter.

6'6" forward. Also has an offer from Crean.

I saw that too and wondered who made the offer? Beard can't even speak to the local press until the BOR approve his contract so who contacted him? Coach Miller maybe?

Reactions: Mjs_702
I saw that too and wondered who made the offer? Beard can't even speak to the local press until the BOR approve his contract so who contacted him? Coach Miller maybe?
Technically, only Ice and Miller are still under contract. So yeah, have to be one of them

There's no law against him speaking to the media. The school asked him not to so the regents don't get their panties in a bunch.
As for who made the "offer", it's not an official offer, a phone call was placed and somebody is jumping the cuff on the kid's end.

He is nice sized. I know others that might be interested. Please have him call me.[/QUOT
Sound like it all UNLV administration. Not the BOR or the Coaches but UNLV's administration. Hang in there coaches because UNLV will somehow get it right because the admin will get it right. wrong..............sigh

I hope he keeps Coach Miller, at least for recruiting. I doubt Ice stays.

I hope he keeps Coach Miller, at least for recruiting. I doubt Ice stays.

I've always assumed (since Beard's hire) that Augmon leaving was pretty much a forgone conclusion. I know Miller was at the press conference yesterday, not sure if Augmon was. If he wasn't, I think it's safe to say he's gone. I'm still disappointed over the social media reactions of a specific few after Simon was announced as interim.

I believe Kendrick was at the press conference yesterday. Pretty interesting.

Reactions: REBELROGER
I've always assumed (since Beard's hire) that Augmon leaving was pretty much a forgone conclusion. I know Miller was at the press conference yesterday, not sure if Augmon was. If he wasn't, I think it's safe to say he's gone. I'm still disappointed over the social media reactions of a specific few after Simon was announced as interim.

Jelan Kendricks should be playing somewhere for $$ right now. Glad to see he was there, though...Beard will need more established coaches and players to help him.

That is a good sign that he was at the press conference.

I just read on Twitter that Augmon didn't attend the press conference because he wanted the day to be about Beard, and not cause a distraction. Maybe his intentions were entirely just that. I don't agree that Augmon being there would have been that big of a distraction.

I think maybe he did the right thing. He would not have made it a distraction, but a lot of fans and media would have talked about it on twitter.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT