ADVERTISEMENT

Jim Mora Jr following Rebel recruits on Twitter

Buffel

Starter
Apr 16, 2019
Jeff Waddilove pointed out Mora is following all our new recruits on Twitter. Checking out his feed it's true. Interesting.

Maybe a double reached 3b on throwing era. No where near a home run. Above average hire. Was hoping for better. If he can recruit on a high level then I will be more optimistic.

Jeff Waddilove pointed out Mora is following all our new recruits on Twitter. Checking out his feed it's true. Interesting.
But I thought one of the reasons we got rid of CTS was because he couldn't recruit at a high enough level. Fire him before we hire him!

He is following some of the UNLV recruits, but he also follows numerous recruits and coaching staffs from other schools.

He is following some of the UNLV recruits, but he also follows numerous recruits and coaching staffs from other schools.

It started a few weeks back. He is interested in the job.

He is primarily following 2020 UNLV recruits and a couple coaches.

But I thought one of the reasons we got rid of CTS was because he couldn't recruit at a high enough level. Fire him before we hire him!

CTS did a good job at recruiting but the majority of his classes were still ranked in the bottom half of the MWC. There's no doubt CTS put a lot of effort towards recruiting and was clearly better than Hauck in this aspect but his classes wouldn't say he was a high level recruiter.

However, 2020 was starting to look like a really good class. It potentially could have been one of the best UNLV has ever put together (on paper). I think this shift is mostly due to the new facilities and not specifically CTS. We should find out soon enough. Well, that's assuming DRF makes a decent hire within the next 10 days and this coaching search doesn't turn into a cluster F that lasts until 2020.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT