ADVERTISEMENT

Jerseys

If they get new jerseys it will come from 100% donations. The school is $4 million in the hole due to TKM and there is no way they will be able to justify spending the money on a program that is still losing over a million a year (as far as I know) when they do not even have the funds to pay for the athletic department.

If they get new jerseys it will come from 100% donations. The school is $4 million in the hole due to TKM and there is no way they will be able to justify spending the money on a program that is still losing over a million a year (as far as I know) when they do not even have the funds to pay for the athletic department.
I meant to sell to fans for revenue.

Reactions: RebelinWA
That I understand, every penny counts. They could have saved some money if they had removed TKM in December instead of paying her to stay around four a half year as a very lame duck AD. I guess they kept her figuring it would not be appropriate to remove in the middle of a school year (i.e. Rice)

Jerseys used to be supplied 100% by the contract of the supplier (Nike in our case). Not sure how it works anymore. Obviously some of the bigger programs get more love with their jerseys. I do remember someone mentioning that Sanchez had to pay to get new jerseys for his 1st year.

Does anyone know how this works?

I know that there is a set amount of money per contract for the entire athletic department, if they go beyond that amount, they pay for the additional equipment, or attempt to talk the company into additional funding.

Per Joe Arrigo on twitter they are supplied by Nike and there are new uniforms coming for next year. I Dont know how much UNLV has to pay if at all.

I don't think UNLV stocks uniforms. I'm pretty sure the op wants to buy a uniform to match his team. Nothing says we run a great program like "no you can't buy a replica of your team jersey"

The uniform sales would be controlled by the bookstore/university. They would need to place their own retail order from Nike to resell them to fans. They haven't done that as of yet (while other schools do). The team doesn't control uniform sales to fans. However, UNLV Athletics does host it's bi-annual equipment sale for fans and there are typically game worn uniforms available there. That should be happening this spring.

For the team, UNLV Football does have to pay every time they need new jerseys. Basing it off the Nike Team catalog and number of guys on the roster, it'd probably be around $50k for a new jersey/pant combo.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Administration: Look at our new jerseys! They are new, and look great. We are like the big boys!

Fans: Take our money!

Administration: NO, we don't like making money!

Reactions: Rashanir and dcut03
How does it normally work in regards to the new jerseys? Who tells the manufacturer to make jerseys for public sale, and who pays upfront? (ie sporting good stores, big box stores,e tc)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT