ADVERTISEMENT

It's Time: Season Predictions

Not even jokingly!

My preference is for a winning season that starts a trend with unlvfb, and that CTS is retained and the staff upgraded. What I like about Tony is his willingness to roll up his sleeves, work, and build. Hauck wasn't a builder. His first go 'round at UM he basically maintained what Joe Glenn and others had built. His shortcomings were uncovered here. Same with Sanford. As much as he protested, he stood on the shoulders of Urban at Utah. I think it goes to show that, perhaps, there weren't deep enough dives made into these guys backgrounds by those hiring/investigating/evaluating them. Give me a guy who doesn't have questions about being able to stand on his own.

I agree for the most part.

One narrative of Coach Sanchez that rings a little hollow for me however is the 'without him and his hard work the facility never gets built!'

I'm not saying the guy hasn't worked hard..

But..In regards to the facility..

If he had been equally successful at say Arbor View or Clark vs Gorman, there isn't a facility. There isn't a facility because there wouldn't have been a 30 million dollar check attached to the hire. Which let's all be honest is exactly why he was hired...

He was at the right place at the right time.

Personally I hope he is the coach here for ten years. That means he has been successful which in turn means my Saturday's are more enjoyable.

Last edited:
Agreed with that but there were also money limitations and a lack of importance limitation. FB has always been back burner. So there is a cultural element there...
That cultural element is the most frustrating thing ever. When they made the move up under Knap they figured they could do it without increasing resources, and it seems that thinking has never changed.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
That cultural element is the most frustrating thing ever. When they made the move up under Knap they figured they could do it without increasing resources, and it seems that thinking has never changed.

Yep..

I honestly don't think coaching has always been the issue.

Robinson should have worked.
Sanford should have worked.
Hauck should have worked.

All three had resumes strong enough to think the results should have been better.

Robinson's was obvious.
Sanford was Urban Meyer's OC when they busted the BCS.
Hauck was 80-17 with 2 FCS title game appearances.

Hindsight is always 20/20. We know the results now. We know how badly Hauck and Sanford struggled. But at the time, they were both solid hires for UNLV.

Problem was the university has never seemed to make an investment to help any coaches get over the hump they just hoped they would.

Reactions: RebelMan5000
Not even jokingly!

My preference is for a winning season that starts a trend with unlvfb, and that CTS is retained and the staff upgraded. What I like about Tony is his willingness to roll up his sleeves, work, and build. Hauck wasn't a builder. His first go 'round at UM he basically maintained what Joe Glenn and others had built. His shortcomings were uncovered here. Same with Sanford. As much as he protested, he stood on the shoulders of Urban at Utah. I think it goes to show that, perhaps, there weren't deep enough dives made into these guys backgrounds by those hiring/investigating/evaluating them. Give me a guy who doesn't have questions about being able to stand on his own.

I agree for the most part.

One narrative of Coach Sanchez that rings a little hollow for me however is the 'without him and his hard work the facility never gets built!'

I'm not saying the guy hasn't worked hard..

But..In regards to the facility..

If he had been equally successful at say Arbor View or Clark vs Gorman, there isn't a facility. There isn't a facility because there wouldn't have been a 30 million dollar check attached to the hire. Which let's all be honest is exactly why he was hired...

He was at the right place at the right time.

Personally I hope he is the coach here for ten years. That means he has been successful which in turn means my Saturday's are more enjoyable.
I’m a little biased because he’s my hot yoga buddy but I hope he stays.

It’s not his fault there is no money for unlv football. There just isn’t money period.

Winning programs have $31 million budgets, idiot!
Moderately related:

https://sjsuspartans.com/news/2019/...-for-new-sjsu-football-operations-center.aspx

San Jose State University and its Division of Intercollegiate Athletics will host a groundbreaking ceremony for the future construction of a new Football Operations Center on the east side of CEFCU Stadium, Home of the Spartans. The ceremony is scheduled for Wednesday morning, June 5 at 11:00 a.m., inside CEFCU Stadium.

Conceived in 2016 as a centerpiece in the development of the university's 62 acres of land at the South Campus, the Football Operations Center will be a multi-story structure centralizing all of Spartan Football's needs into one state-of-the-art building. The new facility will enhance all facets of football operations and provide a first-class environment for our student-athletes to succeed in the classroom, in competition, and in life.

"The Football Operations Center will provide our football team, athletics department and the entire university state-of-the-art spaces to compete and learn. This critical project will provide much needed services for our football program and will be utilized by other sport teams and campus divisions. The center will provide enhanced game-day experiences for our fans," said Marie Tuite, San Jose State's director of athletics.

"This project is a crucial footprint to the overall renovation and enhancement of facilities on South Campus. Although our football program will be the main tenants, building multi-use facilities is always our objective."

The new operations center will include locker rooms, an auditorium, offices, spectator seating on the 50-yard line and a Hall of Champions event space. The total project would be a rebuild on the stadium's east side and also provide support to the Spartans' men's and women's soccer programs.

Currently, the project budget is listed at $40-million. To date, $24.7 million has been raised for the Football Operations Center.

The work slated to take place during the summer includes removing bleacher sections along the stadium's east side and landscape in order to set the foundation for building. During this time, San Jose State will initiate a formal bidding process to determine both construction and architecture firms.

After the 2019 football season, the next phase of work will include moving the hill and relocating the scoreboard including lighting currently located along the east side - all required preparation for the physical construction of the center.

When the Football Operations Center is completed, the football program would move out of the Simpkins Stadium Center, opened in 1993 on the 7th Street side of CEFCU Stadium, to the opposite side of the stadium.

"The Football Operations Center will be a game-changer for San Jose State University. We are building a winning program here and our new home will provide our players, coaches, and staff the opportunities to succeed on the field, academically, and through our Beyond Football program," said San Jose State football head coach Brent Brennan.

"It will show future Spartans that we have a vision and a plan for a winning football program that goes to bowl games and competes for conference championships."

The groundbreaking ceremony is open to the public. Parking will be available in the Park & Ride Lot, located across the street from the 7th Street side of CEFCU Stadium.

Guess it never gets done, but I'm interested in seeing if it happens.

SDSU and BSU both have winning programs and neither has a large budget anywhere near the level of one of the major conference programs. UNLV has also been able to get the funding for the new facilities and a lot of other program improvements that didn't exist prior to coach sanchez including a much better nutrition program. They also have had the availability of private planes for recruiting, etc which should help move the program to the next level. We will see what type of crowd shows up for the SUU game to see if the interest is there for next season!

SDSU and BSU both have winning programs and neither has a large budget anywhere near the level of one of the major conference programs. UNLV has also been able to get the funding for the new facilities and a lot of other program improvements that didn't exist prior to coach sanchez including a much better nutrition program. They also have had the availability of private planes for recruiting, etc which should help move the program to the next level. We will see what type of crowd shows up for the SUU game to see if the interest is there for next season!

I think it will be a decent crowd for the opener..

Yep..

I honestly don't think coaching has always been the issue.

Robinson should have worked.
Sanford should have worked.
Hauck should have worked.

All three had resumes strong enough to think the results should have been better.

Robinson's was obvious.
Sanford was Urban Meyer's OC when they busted the BCS.
Hauck was 80-17 with 2 FCS title game appearances.

Hindsight is always 20/20. We know the results now. We know how badly Hauck and Sanford struggled. But at the time, they were both solid hires for UNLV.

Problem was the university has never seemed to make an investment to help any coaches get over the hump they just hoped they would.
I agree with this... but also, even though UNLV hoops generates (generated) more cash and received more cash, it can be easily argued that hoops received a level of neglect, as well. Especially considering they were the "baby" and the money maker... though admin backing has always sucked, it wasn't ALWAYS admin alone - it was fans, as well....

I agree with this... but also, even though UNLV hoops generates (generated) more cash and received more cash, it can be easily argued that hoops received a level of neglect, as well. Especially considering they were the "baby" and the money maker... though admin backing has always sucked, it wasn't ALWAYS admin alone - it was fans, as well....

Basketball saw it's own level/form of neglect. I agree. But never like football..

Biggest difference between football/basketball.

It's easier to win fans back- Basketball
Than to create new ones-football.

That's why I think this season is so important for football.

Either Sanchez has a breakout year.

Or AD must find a replacement that excites people.

New stadium won't be enough if the product on the field is middling.

I changed my mind, Rebels go 9-3 this season.

Rebs lose 3 of 4 against NW, Boise, Vandy, and FSU but take care of business in every other game.

You heard it here first.

That's a bold prediction.
Or just hopelessly optimistic.

Here are my thoughts:

- I think that Justice is going to tweak the offense to do 2 things: limit Armani’s running and encourage taking fewer hits; and get Armani more quick/easy/short throws which will allow our talented group of wideouts to make plays.

- Armani stays healthy

- Linebackers are the heart of a good defense, and I feel great about our talent and depth at that position.

Here are my thoughts:

- I think that Justice is going to tweak the offense to do 2 things: limit Armani’s running and encourage taking fewer hits; and get Armani more quick/easy/short throws which will allow our talented group of wideouts to make plays.

- Armani stays healthy

- Linebackers are the heart of a good defense, and I feel great about our talent and depth at that position.

Every bounce goes our way I could see 8-4.

Here are my thoughts:

- Armani stays healthy

If we don't get much more pressure on the QB, win some battles in the trenches, I don't care if the DB's and LB's are better, they'll be on an island way too often to be successful.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Facebook Live can be watched on your TV with Apple TV, Chromecast or Samsung TV’s. I did so last season and it’s was fine.

There are two ways you can watch Facebook videos on a TV:

Stream Facebook videos to a TV
  1. Make sure your TV is connected to a streaming device (example: Apple TV, Chromecast or Samsung TV) and is on the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device or computer.
  2. Open the Facebook app on your mobile device or computer and find the video you'd like to stream.
  3. Tap the video to expand it to full screen mode.
  4. Tap
    assets
    in the top right of the video.
  5. Select the TV where you'd like the video to play.

Download the Facebook Watch TV App
  1. Go to the app store for your television platform (see our list of supported TVs and devices) and download the Facebook Watch TV app.
  2. Open the Watch app on your TV, then click Continue with Facebook.
    57004187_311767196154947_867251667697926144_n.png
  3. You'll see a screen with a code:
    57076660_2033868263577022_2766370589764485120_n.png
  4. To confirm the code that appears on your TV, open the Facebook app on a mobile device, then tap the notification at the top and tap Confirm. Or, you can go to facebook.com/device on a computer or phone, then enter the code manually and click or tap Continue.
I did the watch tv app one and I don’t see a link for the football game.

I think tonight's game is on the mountain west network. There is a link on themwc.com website

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT