ADVERTISEMENT

2024 OOC schedule in limbo?

Rosegreen1

All American
Dec 2, 2023
Interesting blurb from Grimala that the Houston and Kansas game is not yet confirmed. We haven’t replaced Army with anyone, right?

UNLV’s slate for 2024 has not been finalized yet. The team knows its Mountain West opponents, including home dates with Boise State and San Diego State (two teams UNLV did not face in 2023) and a trip to Pac-2 partner Oregon State, but the non-conference portion is not yet locked in.

UNLV had previously announced games against Houston and Kansas for 2024, but that deal was made before Odom’s hiring and the dates have not been announced, so we’ll still have to wait for confirmation on the non-conference opponents.

Any chance these schools don’t want to face unlv since we’re not doormats anymore?

I believe the Army game is also in question with them joining the AAC. They are needing to make room for conference games and have to cut some previously scheduled games

Interesting blurb from Grimala that the Houston and Kansas game is not yet confirmed. We haven’t replaced Army with anyone, right?

Any chance these schools don’t want to face unlv since we’re not doormats anymore?
Or I'll up the anti that the Big 12 is looking at UNLV in expansion and both are Big 12 programs which creates openings for 2024 OOC as they would be conference foes...

Reactions: MauiRebel

I could have swear the game against KU date is already set on mid-September 14 or 16? I want this game badly.

I prefer a larger body of work before I lift the doormat tag.

Idk, 9-5 and only getting better on paper.

Houston just hired a new coach and staff. Kansas didn’t seem pleased to play us. Looking at Houston’s schedule, they don’t have a body bag game at all. A bit rough of a OOC schedule for a new HC.

Here’s an article on schools with open dates that are not filled.

Interesting that NMSU (Sanchez) is looking for an opponent. Possible replacement for army game.

I know Washington State needs to fill its schedule. Maybe we can work something out.

Idk, 9-5 and only getting better on paper.

Houston just hired a new coach and staff. Kansas didn’t seem pleased to play us. Looking at Houston’s schedule, they don’t have a body bag game at all. A bit rough of a OOC schedule for a new HC.

Here’s an article on schools with open dates that are not filled.

Interesting that NMSU (Sanchez) is looking for an opponent. Possible replacement for army game.
I am not seeing UNLV on that list. What am I missing?

I agree, though we should be good next year. I bet both of those teams were counting us as guaranteed wins and now they look at us and think maybe not so much and are looking for more of a guaranteed win. IF true it is strange they would cancel the games.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT