ADVERTISEMENT

I'm loathe to give anything or anyone Reno any credit but.

Chode and his team are going to want that cannon bad.
They're awful. It's not happening... honestly, OSU was terrible and Reno had to hold on and force 4 picks from a team that doesn't like throwing the ball to win. They can want something all they can, but that is not a good football team.

Reactions: SilverSpoon

Coach Chode brought it in the post game presser. Good for him.

Now back to my regularly scheduled Reno hatred.
Did you know Jeff Choate coached at WSU one year (2012)? And grew up in St. Maries, Idaho - about an hour from Pullman if not pulling a boat.

You cannot escape the Cougs no matter where you roam. Just ask Fresno. Arguably their best coach ever was Jim Sweeney, former HC at WSU.

Did you know Jeff Choate coached at WSU one year (2012)? And grew up in St. Maries, Idaho - about an hour from Pullman if not pulling a boat.

You cannot escape the Cougs no matter where you roam. Just ask Fresno. Arguably their best coach ever was Jim Sweeney, former HC at WSU.
The MWC will need some great coaches from all walk of life.

Reactions: LVRebel2000

It's Jeff Chode. I'll ban you if you refer to him as Choate again. 😀

Because he's terrible...
Honestly, I want him to fail miserably for 3 years and them to fire him and hire some other mistake and keep the cycle of terrible Reno teams going
I sorta don't understand the Reno hate. They are, after all, your mother school who gave birth to UN Southern.

Oops - will that get me banned? :)

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
I sorta don't understand the Reno hate. They are, after all, your mother school who gave birth to UN Southern.

let i hate everyone GIF

Because he's terrible...
Honestly, I want him to fail miserably for 3 years and them to fire him and hire some other mistake and keep the cycle of terrible Reno teams going

Terrible seems a bit harsh no? They played SMU tough. Got smoked by Minnesota but otherwise played everybody else pretty close. I think the Chode is a decent coach. Certainly an upgrade after last dude.

I'm not rooting for Reno to win but I'm not upset at anybody in the conference beating the new PAC schools.

Reactions: dcut03

Loyal Coug1: You should probably know the history of UNLV. UNLV was under the "thumb" of Reno when it first opened in 1957. At that time it was known as Nevada Southern University. We became an equal separate institution around 1970 under one Board of Regents. We rebelled against Reno, that's why we are called the Rebels because we didn't want to be under the auspices of a school "up North". The movement to form a new school here came from the local population in Southern Nevada, not Reno. That's why there is such a rivalry. Now we are a larger institution than Reno.

Watch it buddy. My hatred of those meth heads is working on 50 decades. My son while in high school came home with a reno t-shirt from those bastards recruiting in Las Vegas. Like a good father I forbid him from wearing it and I told him if he goes to school in reno that he could just stay up there in live in that shit hole.

Nah, I know you don't know what it's like to have a real in-state public university rivalry, it can be hard to empathize with someone who does. We stab each other in the back, the Huskies just left some money on the nightstand while he goes on, that seems like a pretty amicable way to treat the things you don't care about

Loyal Coug1: You should probably know the history of UNLV. UNLV was under the "thumb" of Reno when it first opened in 1957. At that time it was known as Nevada Southern University. We became an equal separate institution around 1970 under one Board of Regents. We rebelled against Reno, that's why we are called the Rebels because we didn't want to be under the auspices of a school "up North". The movement to form a new school here came from the local population in Southern Nevada, not Reno. That's why there is such a rivalry. Now we are a larger institution than Reno.
Nah, I know you don't know what it's like to have a real in-state public university rivalry, it can be hard to empathize with someone who does. We stab each other in the back, the Huskies just left some money on the nightstand while he goes on, that seems like a pretty amicable way to treat the things you don't care about
You guys know I was just making fun. And I actually read up on UNLV recently, thus the UN Southern pun. Learned about the "Rebel's" mascot, always wondered about that.

And WSU's rivalry with the hated and condescending mutts is palpable and rivals any hate-fest. Whenever I see a mutt on the street I talk shit to them. Even this nice older lady at the dog park yesterday in a mutt sweatshirt. Loyal: "I really don't think much of that sweatshirt". I made my son apply to uw for college, as I wanted him to be able to say he chose not to go there. Of course I told him if he did go there, he would get zero from me for college. He was accepted, but went to Western WA. Still wish I had grabbed that uw letter from him, he didn't care and threw it away.

• Haha
Reactions: Couev
You guys know I was just making fun. And I actually read up on UNLV recently, thus the UN Southern pun. Learned about the "Rebel's" mascot, always wondered about that.

And WSU's rivalry with the hated and condescending mutts is palpable and rivals any hate-fest. Whenever I see a mutt on the street I talk shit to them. Even this nice older lady at the dog park yesterday in a mutt sweatshirt. Loyal: "I really don't think much of that sweatshirt". I made my son apply to uw for college, as I wanted him to be able to say he chose not to go there. Of course I told him if he did go there, he would get zero from me for college. He was accepted, but went to Western WA. Still wish I had grabbed that uw letter from him, he didn't care and threw it away.
The “hatred” was primarily north directed at south. Especially back in the day, for UNLV, UNR loathed UNLV, but UNR was on the pay no mind list for Las Vegans.

what really drives the dislike also has less to do with the play on the field and more to do with the fact that they dropped the Reno moniker in favor of "Nevada" because Reno sucks. Calling themselves "Nevada's college" has really not sat well with Las Vegas since both Universities are "University of Nevada"

The “hatred” was primarily north directed at south. Especially back in the day, for UNLV, UNR loathed UNLV, but UNR was on the pay no mind list for Las Vegans.
It was the way UNR fans behaved themselves when they were kicking our ass in FB by 50 pts every game back in the day. Just totally obnoxious. I remember going up there around 92-93-94 and it was like 52-0 at half and Gatlin already threw for like 5 TDs and they were still trying to start fights with the 20 or so UNLV fans who were actually there.

what really drives the dislike also has less to do with the play on the field and more to do with the fact that they dropped the Reno moniker in favor of "Nevada" because Reno sucks. Calling themselves "Nevada's college" has really not sat well with Las Vegas since both Universities are "University of Nevada"
Also, the stronghold Northerners had on the Board to "arbitrarily" keep UNLV down. Wouldn't allow a law school. Wouldn't allow a dental school. Med School? Nah. They already had one. Reno's ability to make decisions to bury UNLV has put Las Vegas 30 years behind, and the state 40 years behind. Lawyers had to go other states (mostly CA) to be educated. Doctor shortage in Las Vegas and Nevada. Not enough research. It's a strong, but not misplaced, hatred for Reno...and the North in general.

Last edited:
Loathe-meat loathe. Since your credit has improved dramatically. I humbly accept your generous offer. Enjoy pounding the Beavers.

Phrasing bro!
plotting best friends GIF

Call it a necessary short term alliance. Like the USA (obviously us the greatest city in the state of Nevada if not the entire country) and France (obviously you and your silly little city) against the Axis of Evil (Pac traitors)

Last edited:
Also, the stronghold Northerners had on the Board to "arbitrarily" keep UNLV down. Wouldn't allow a law school. Wouldn't allow a dental school. Med School? Nah. They already had one. Reno's ability to make decisions to bury UNLV has put Las Vegas 30 years behind, and the state 40 years behind. Lawyers had to go other states (mostly CA) to be educated. Doctor shortage in Las Vegas and Nevada. Not enough research. It's a strong, but not misplaced, hatred for Reno...and the North in general.
Amen.

Last edited:
I think it was a lame, pathetic way to separate yourself from what you really are. It’s like the kid on the ball team that comes up with his own nickname … no, teammates come up with it based on an attribute, skill …. You don’t pick it. You can’t call yourself “Long Ball” Willis when you are a slap hitter with no dingers. I mean you can, but it’s an oxymoron.

UNR knows UNR is a piece of dung, so they want to be known as “Nevada” to shed their ingrained image. Sadly, especially early on … (it was on the board many times before), outside people would congratulate UNLV when “Nevada” would do something well.

It doesn’t upset me so much. I just think it’s pathetic.

I think it was a lame, pathetic way to separate yourself from what you really are. It’s like the kid on the ball team that comes up with his own nickname … no, teammates come up with it based on an attribute, skill …. You don’t pick it. You can’t call yourself “Long Ball” Willis when you are a slap hitter with no dingers. I mean you can, but it’s an oxymoron.

UNR knows UNR is a piece of dung, so they want to be known as “Nevada” to shed their ingrained image. Sadly, especially early on … (it was on the board many times before), outside people would congratulate UNLV when “Nevada” would do something well.

It doesn’t upset me so much. I just think it’s pathetic.
This is how much their name means to the MWC when it came to salvaging the conference.

24.5% to UNLV

11.5% to Nevada

Remember the toddler tantrum the UNR guy threw when his field pass said University of Nevada Reno. LOL.
Being an alumnus ( in case you couldn't guess) I resent Reno decided to name themselves Nevada when that is not their official name. Am I the only one?

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Being an alumnus ( in case you couldn't guess) I resent Reno decided to name themselves Nevada when that is not their official name. Am I the only one?
Who in hell would want to have reno on their uniform. Their insecurity runs deep when you want to look BIG in the Biggest Little City. They are an embarrassment and the Governor should force them to use reno on their uniforms.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT