ADVERTISEMENT

Who's the next school to get poached.

I read that the student population is 86% hispanic. The Mexico fanbase contingent is strong. It is right on the border there. In fact I was charged roaming fees for Mexico cell space when driving near El Paso when driving back home one year.

That's it? That's your response?

Tapping into the Cartels for NIL money not even a chuckle? Damn I thought that was gold right there.

The thing about the AAC is that their payouts will eventually go down. They took a hit when the 4 left last season. They were able to tread water by giving the incomers lesser deals, but at some point the payouts will even out and reduce.

The new PAC will also get bonuses from the NCAAT and with the playoff revenue sharing, so really we should be comparing base media contract to base media contract to be fair.

Who knows when Memphis' annual payouts reduce, but they probably will at some point, so there is that to consider.

UTSA is already lower ( again undisclosed), but could increase a little, but the difference for them will be more substantial.

I still think Memphis stays just to keep the door open for the P4.

Memphis is attractive to both the ACC and Big12. They have options.

960x0.png
From Forbes, but an interesting chart.

From the article

Methodology
I used data on athletic department revenues and expenses, historical AP poll appearances, and FBS and FCS football game attendance to assess how potential expansion teams compare to the expected 2026 compositions of the Pac-12 (Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, Oregon State, San Diego State, Washington State, Utah State) and the Mountain West Conference (Air Force, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, San Jose State, UNLV, Wyoming). For each dimension within the data, I calculated how many standard deviations each team differs from the current conference average. A value above zero indicates the team outperforms the conference average, while a value below zero indicates the team performs worse than the conference average.

TV numbers aren't directly in the graph. Attendance is and general athletic department budget. But yes this seems to be missing arguably the most important factor, probably because these numbers seemed to be held secret by media partners

Reactions: RebelinWA
From the article

Methodology
I used data on athletic department revenues and expenses, historical AP poll appearances, and FBS and FCS football game attendance to assess how potential expansion teams compare to the expected 2026 compositions of the Pac-12 (Boise State, Colorado State, Fresno State, Oregon State, San Diego State, Washington State, Utah State) and the Mountain West Conference (Air Force, Hawaii, Nevada, New Mexico, San Jose State, UNLV, Wyoming). For each dimension within the data, I calculated how many standard deviations each team differs from the current conference average. A value above zero indicates the team outperforms the conference average, while a value below zero indicates the team performs worse than the conference average.

TV numbers aren't directly in the graph. Attendance is and general athletic department budget. But yes this seems to be missing arguably the most important factor, probably because these numbers seemed to be held secret by media partners

You guys are so screwed! I just figured out how to add GIFS to my posts!

• Haha
Reactions: LVRebel2000
I'm just pissed that you came all the way to Houston and got on the field while all of my UH contacts ghosted me that week.
To be fair one had a funeral to go to, one just had a baby, and the other.. I didn't want to bother.

Doing OSU game as well.

Are you going to make any UNLV football home games?

Doing OSU game as well.

Are you going to make any UNLV football home games?
Haven't planned on it. Can't come home for Thanksgiving. Parents came here for Houston instead. But if they host another MW championship game.. I just might have to. My work is just bonkers and we are forbidden to have vacations through at least mid November. Sigh

Holler if you want to do the Sam Houston State game next year, lol

Haven't planned on it. Can't come home for Thanksgiving. Parents came here for Houston instead. But if they host another MW championship game.. I just might have to. My work is just bonkers and we are forbidden to have vacations through at least mid November. Sigh

Holler if you want to do the Sam Houston State game next year, lol

Down..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT