ADVERTISEMENT

If Woodard was a walk on?

And he was one of our best players what does that say?
That’s one of the reasons I keep saying recruiting needs to continue to pick up! Guys that looked like “can’t miss” aren’t playing, Carter, Scott injury and more. We cannot sleep on any recruiting cycle. The OL, DL, WR, DE, CB, LB to start, we need playmakers and we also need depth!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
He was a PWO at Arkansas, worked his ass off and was awarded a scholarship after two years there.

So I’m not sure what it says other than he probably was good enough out of HS to get a ride to a UNLV level school, choose to prove himself at a SEC school which he did, knew he was a role player there, saw his coach leave for UNLV and decided rather than continue to get run with the 2s or 3s transfer to play for his coach and get and many snaps each game as he can handle.

He was a PWO at Arkansas, worked his ass off and was awarded a scholarship after two years there.

So I’m not sure what it says other than he probably was good enough out of HS to get a ride to a UNLV level school, choose to prove himself at a SEC school which he did, knew he was a role player there, saw his coach leave for UNLV and decided rather than continue to get run with the 2s or 3s transfer to play for his coach and get and many snaps each game as he can handle.
He would have been a scholarship player at UNLV day 1 under our last 4 coaches. Dude is a gamer and has used the last 4 seasons to get really good.

Preferred walk on at a SEC school is no slouch. He also earned a scholarship with his time there. He is also from Arkansas, so I'm sure he gave them a bit of a home town discount.

Yeah I don't think it says much about where we are.

We've had lightly recruited guys do well here.

Jacoby comes to mind.

I think this is just a case of a guy maturing and now physically able to perform at a high level.

Yeah I don't think it says much about where we are.

We've had lightly recruited guys do well here.

Jacoby comes to mind.

I think this is just a case of a guy maturing and now physically able to perform at a high level.
I believe Woodard could start for any school based on the level of play he has shown for UNLV this year. He just never had a chance at Arkansas to show what he can do. Get a few more transfers like him and UNLV could be something special on defense.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT