ADVERTISEMENT

I am still reeling!

lvhiker

Retired Number
Mar 10, 2002
I keep pinching myself to see if I am awake and that unlv actually won Saturday by a score of 80 to 8. Has any other college coach ever broken essentially all the scoring records at his school in his first win? Has any other team ever beat the point spread in a game by 75+ points?

The probability that what happened on Saturday actually happened is so infinitesmally small that it is still unbelievable to me. But as I begin to register the reality of events, I am slowly trying to figure out what it means for the future of rebel football.

The game against ISU was so singular, that it is impossible for me to use it as data point to predict what happens this Saturday against Reno let alone for games further into the future. Was ISU a uniquely bad team? That seems unlikely since they were 8 and 4 last year and returned a bunch of players. If the result of that game was more reflective of ulnv's ability than isu's lack of ability, then the likelihood of unr winning by 10 this weekend seems remote.

But the vagaries of the football gods are such, that I really have no idea how to think about what is going to happen in the game this saturday. Clearly, unlv is not going to sneak up on Reno like they did against isu. With all that said, I am hyped for the game this weekend. Go Rebels!

I'll agree with hiker in that there is too much down time in football. I know it's blasphemy to say it on here but there's a reason they say that a football game is "22 minutes of action wrapped up in 3 hours."

I'll agree with hiker in that there is too much down time in football. I know it's blasphemy to say it on here but there's a reason they say that a football game is "22 minutes of action wrapped up in 3 hours."
No blasphemy in saying that. I absolutely cannot watch NBA basketball, as I find it excruciatingly boring. I actually enjoy college basketball more and even then if given the choice between football and basketball, football wins every time. I actually enjoy baseball more now than I do basketball.

UNLV Football #1
UNLV Basketball #2
NFL #3
NBA (playoffs only) #4
High School Football #5

1, College Football (Ill rolll UNLV football into this, otherwise it would be #2)
2. NFL
3. UNLV BB
4. College BB
5. Baseball (College and Angels)
6. NBA
7. Who cares but I rather watch the College Softball WS than any other sport not listed.

1. Runnin Rebs bball
1.b. NE Patriots
1c. Oakland Raiders
2. UNLV football
3. RedSox
4. Celtics
5. Boston Bruins Hockey
6. Tampa Bay Buccaneers.

1. UNLV Rebel Football and Runnin' Rebel Basketball
  2. MWC Football
  3. MWC Basketball
  4. Seattle Seahawks