ADVERTISEMENT

How do we really stack up?

IndianaRebel

All American
Apr 4, 2011
Evansville, Indiana
So how does this statement stand?

"Actually, the program had (3) 3 star, (12) 2 star and (3) no star recruit last year. This year Sanchez has gained commitments from (3) star, (8) 2 star and (2) no star recruits and still may have additional commitments. All in all, Sanchez is doing a good job on the recruiting end. Let's hope he and his team can coach and get these kids prepared to play."

How do we really stand right now Football guys in the know?
Posted from Rivals Mobile

I would put little credence into the 'star' grading scale. If I am not mistaken there are absolutely 0 former 5 star recruits playing in the super bowl this weekend. The 'star' grading system is slightly flawed in the sense that a kid might be considered a 2 star recruit but if Alabama or Oregon or Ohio State start looking at him all of a sudden he jumps to a 3 or 4 star recruit based on interest. (Happens all the time)

That said, I think this has been a good class for a number of reasons. First off they were able to keep a couple of the top prospects in the state. Secondly they kept their pipeline in Houston open grabbing running back Lexington Thomas. Third they have been very active on social media which in turn has really created a buzz locally that I haven't seen in a long long time.

Impossible to say how good a recruiting class for a couple of years since a lot of these kids will probably get red shirted. I do think though it has been a very solid class so far especially considering that the staff got a late start. They are still in the process and have a few more scholarships to offer so it isn't over yet and there are still a lot of interesting prospects on the radar.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT