• No

Votes: 3 42.9%
  • I don’t care anymore

Votes: 1 14.3%

• Total voters

RebelScrub

Making UNLV relevent again for locals
May 29, 2001

All looked good in Rebel World when Coach Kev put in Keshawn Hall and Nowell for some decent minutes TOGETHEr. Rebels we’re actually up by a decent amount of points.

Then he took Hall out and the Rebels went back to getting bitched on the floor.

Gilbert continues to amaze me..in how bad he continues to play. We’ve given him ample minutes and opportunities and he keeps turning it over.

When the announcer said that Boise wants to run it and the Rebels want to slow it down. I shook my head. When the Rebels don’t want to run, that’s a terrible look. Just take off the Uniform and just change your name already. Losing is one thing, not running is just plain giving up in my eyes.

I don’t know what other excuses we have today in 2023.

We’ll see what Coach Kev does in the second half. Play Hall or play possum to these Broncos.

Our guards had 10 turnovers in first half. Lazy passes and trying to split double teams.

Has it ever occurred to our coaches that high pick and roll does not work when roll men have horrible hands?

I see some talent out there for unlv but their offense is pure playground.

Switch coaches and coach Rice could take our guys and beat his team.

Reactions: RebelScrub
I think it’s a little obvious that the refs are protecting Boise St. save them for NCAA tournament and seedlings.

Meanwhile, UNLV continues to whiff on defense and miss their shots.

Good to see Jackie get some minutes.

Ugh. Unlv loses turnovers 15 to 11. And loses free throws 86% to 66%. Close, but another loss.

We are not only team collapsing. Nevada loses a 21 point lead last night and loses by 9. New Mexico has mostly collapsed in conference. And pre season overwhelming number 1 north carolina is 16-11.

I think it’s a little obvious that the refs are protecting Boise St. save them for NCAA tournament and seedlings.

Meanwhile, UNLV continues to whiff on defense and miss their shots.

Good to see Jackie get some minutes.
All 3 only got minutes because Parquet and Rodriguez were out. Hall is a freshman so I'll give him a pass for offensively being a over eager. Nowell looks like a real solid addition and breakout candidate next year, and Johnson, well I'm not a fan of short guards...

MW suffers from refs continually making soft calls in conference play to protect its top teams. I see another year of 4 teams and 0 wins, including several just getting destroyed by mediocre P5 teams once refs stop handing them a FTs or cheap fouls..

Alright, u know what really pissed me off and I’m not one to get pissed off. It’s when Coach’s son started the mad dog after swatting Jackie’s ball on the weak layup.

You know what you do? You send in Keshawn Hall or somebody and take his head off in the next possession.

F Rice and that weak ass pussy shit.

Subtle flex. Send him a nice message if we play those A holes in the MWC tournament.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT