ADVERTISEMENT

Happy Dedan Day!

Is he doing one of the old school hat picks by chance?
Nope, regular commitment graphic and video.
Well my wife’s Mother Day breakfast will have to wait until the announcement comes out.
Your wife will understand😂
THIS is what's also exciting about him committing here. He's bringing the Calvary with him!
Whole squad on the way!
Lobbybuu we will be on the edge of our collective seats for this info…
It'll be juicy, but not really lol. Never seen an incoming freshman affect so much though.

Everyone be patient! After all, it is Mothers Day. I'm sure they don't want to wake up and do this recruitment stuff over celebrating. It'll be coming. Only crazy people like myself would wake up looking forward to this more than Mothers Day itself.

Looks like CKK has turned it around. Will be our coach for minimum 2 more years. With DT having ties to other recruits you have to give him that . Besides $$ anybody knows who was his primary recruiter ???

Looks like CKK has turned it around. Will be our coach for minimum 2 more years. With DT having ties to other recruits you have to give him that . Besides $$ anybody knows who was his primary recruiter ???
CKK isn't going anywhere for the forseaable future.

In terms of his recruiter, Jalen Hill and his family, really ALL of the staff, and the chance to take the reins and put the city back on the map with his people. I'll have a little tidbit on all this up once he commits.

CKK isn't going anywhere for the forseaable future.

In terms of his recruiter, Jalen Hill and his family, really ALL of the staff, and the chance to take the reins and put the city back on the map with his people. I'll have a little tidbit on all this up once he commits.
We needed this now hopefully this all comes together ❤️ on the court! I'm thinking there will be a learning curve coming in as a freshman PG, but he will have good 5th year seniors around him to help him and with his talent that should negate his inexperience at the collegiate level. I would think his AAU experience is been up against some good competitors too! Go UNLV

What gets overlooked is that this time last year KK had no staff. Peery wasn’t hired until June and Williams until August. It takes a heavy lift to recruit at this level in the portal and the high school players with an intact staff. Without an intact staff it is very difficult. Also, I felt in the long run the addition of Peery and Williams would be a step up in recruiting over the prior staff. It’s beginning to look like that is true.

What gets overlooked is that this time last year KK had no staff. Peery wasn’t hired until June and Williams until August. It takes a heavy lift to recruit at this level in the portal and the high school players with an intact staff. Without an intact staff it is very difficult. Also, I felt in the long run the addition of Peery and Williams would be a step up in recruiting over the prior staff. It’s beginning to look like that is true.
Yes, that did look rough last year with pretty much no assistants. I think it shows this year with a full staff what can happen!

Also, maybe we a have fact that would support my thoughts on the greater recruiting abilities of Peery and Williams over the prior staff. . Prior UNLV assistant coach Carlin Hartman and Florida were finalist for DJ.

We needed this now hopefully this all comes together ❤️ on the court! I'm thinking there will be a learning curve coming in as a freshman PG, but he will have good 5th year seniors around him to help him and with his talent that should negate his inexperience at the collegiate level. I would think his AAU experience is been up against some good competitors too! Go UNLV
The good thing is he has veterans to look up to and help him along the way.

Great news! Now we need a few big names to visit the Mack and while were at it, play a couple true road games during the rodeo. I really respect Dedan for staying home and trying to bring back our Runnin Rebel glory. Thank you.

Sorry I posted the story on the other thread instead of this one so if you didn't catch that, her it is

Dedan committed on the morning of 5/3. When I posted "It's Happening," that's when it literally happened. This then caused a huge domino effect.
We were really cold at one point in his recruitment as we all know, but the pieces that we got were very important. Remember when I said he was on an unofficial with the trifecta? That was the weekend that sold it for him. Being in the gym with the trifecta, LuRod, and Cottrell was huge in helping him visualize how this season would go. He loved it. His family obviously loved it and they really bought into the vision that the staff was selling. Genuineness and a willing to go out and take risks paid off. The risk here was going all out for the trifecta. If we didn't get them, we really might have had no transfers committed.
Deivon Smith was a lock to come but had to pivot to Utah once Dedan decided. Deivon told other programs he was coming to UNLV so the interest dried up, but Utah was the only school that stayed on him still which is why he ended up there. That's why he didn't take any other visits. It was announced that day around 1/2pm that he would be visiting Utah and the rest is history.
Jaden Bradley then committed to Arizona later that day, around 4pm, because they said they'd take him if Dedan didn't come. Clearly they valued Dedan more, so this recruiting dub over Arizona is huge.
Houston took Cryer over Dedan. Houston was the leader and asked Dedan multiple times to commit. He didn't, so they took Cryer.
UCLA and Gonzaga were never serious contenders, even though a couple of people thought so. Gonzaga was ALWAYS aiming for Nembhard. This was an in-season decision for Gonzaga so their communication fell through. I'm not 100% sure on why UCLA wasn't higher on his list tbh. Apologies.

Florida was really up there, came in third behind us and Arizona. Issue for them was they wanted a veteran lead guard, which they got. Wanted to pair a veteran and Dedan in the starting lineup. I'm not 100% sure why that fizzled out and its my pure speculation that maybe that wasn't the right situation for Dedan. Strong comp though because of Hartman connections.

All in all, it was a rollercoaster, but settled about a week and a half ago. Dedan wanted to play here and his parents wanted him to as well. However they needed to be shown that Dedan would be put in a situation where he would succeed and the staff showed that. Jalen Hill was the truly the key. Obviously they are from different classes and a bit far apart in age, but they've always known each other and so have the families. It helps a lot when your "big bro" is confirming everything that your dad is saying about a school. Yes, your pops and family can tell you good things, but most of the time it sounds better when someone younger says it. Give credit to Jalen, he really was working behind the scenes. I've been saying that "Visualization is key" and it truly paid off in this situation. Shout out to the current players that and trifecta for pushing this over the edge.
In terms of the future, Free and Pharoah wouldn't have taken those visits if Dedan wasn't committed. That's why those visits weren't announced publicly beforehand, because it was dependent on Dedan. Once he committed, the ball started rolling. Someone is already committed for 2024. If you saw how I commented on certain things before, you can infer who it is. That news will drop publicly whenever they feel comfortable.
We are back! The hype right now surrounding the team will extremely high. We just need to deliver and I think we will. We have all the pieces lined up.

I apologize for the long essay, but I thought some would be interested in this. It's a great day to be a Rebel!

I haven't met anyone from this board but would love to meet up this season for some games. I think it would only be right. Thank you for accepting me onto this board. It's been fun interacting with everyone and being able to deliver some "insider" information has been cool!

Sorry I can't always give up everything, but you know how that gets. I try to give as much as possible without breaking anyone's news, as I really believe that these kids should be able to announce their big news personally.

I haven't met anyone from this board but would love to meet up this season for some games. I think it would only be right. Thank you for accepting me onto this board. It's been fun interacting with everyone and being able to deliver some "insider" information has been cool!

Sorry I can't always give up everything, but you know how that gets. I try to give as much as possible without breaking anyone's news, as I really believe that these kids should be able to announce their big news personally.
It has been a pleasure having a real knowledgeable person here to share information that we all care about. Many of us have been Rebel fanatics for decades. We live and breathe Runnin Rebels. Thank you for sharing and especially your attitude. We all understand the need to respect the players and program concerning this information. Thanks again. I’m up for saying hello any time this year. As always we are at every game all year.

Your "insider" information is appreciated by all of us. Thank you. You've truly brought some excitement back to those of us here. Go Rebels!

I

All for meeting you and anybody else on this board... But don't want you to lose your CONNECTIONS. As others stated, we appreciate the insight. It's been years since the board was this lively. Your energy and the civility of others is much appreciated!

This board is kickin, it’s been a long time. Thanks for bringing Life back to the board and I believe this is the most exciting off season in a very long time. I can’t remember he last time I was excited and optimistic that we do well in both football and basketball.

It has been a pleasure having a real knowledgeable person here to share information that we all care about. Many of us have been Rebel fanatics for decades. We live and breathe Runnin Rebels. Thank you for sharing and especially your attitude. We all understand the need to respect the players and program concerning this information. Thanks again. I’m up for saying hello any time this year. As always we are at every game all year.
Appreciate the kind words for real! See you this season. Will be tons of fun.
Your "insider" information is appreciated by all of us. Thank you. You've truly brought some excitement back to those of us here. Go Rebels!
Thank you for the kind words and Go Rebels! We just need this off-season hype to translate into results. I can only imagine how this board would be if we were actually putting on a show every night!
I

All for meeting you and anybody else on this board... But don't want you to lose your CONNECTIONS. As others stated, we appreciate the insight. It's been years since the board was this lively. Your energy and the civility of others is much appreciated!
I appreciate you looking out for me. I'll never cross any boundaries to lose the connections and I love that everyone here has respected that I can't say everything. Thanks for the kind words!
This board is kickin, it’s been a long time. Thanks for bringing Life back to the board and I believe this is the most exciting off season in a very long time. I can’t remember he last time I was excited and optimistic that we do well in both football and basketball.
Let's goooo! Just doing my best to bring the excitement back to this fanbase.

I'm very excited for both sports and it should be a good time this season. Go Rebels!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT