ADVERTISEMENT

Foe #7 - Fresno State, Oct 16

DocRebel

Lottery Pick
Aug 9, 2003
This Friday the Rebels travel to take on the Fresno State Bulldogs. Having an early game this week is perfect because the team is eager to get back onto the battlefield and remove the bitter taste Saturday's result left. There is much to build upon from last week as the team continues moving in the right direction. Meanwhile Fresno State will come out desperate on Friday since they're coming off 5 straight losses. This clash will air on ESPN2 which is sure to be another entertaining game. Go Rebs!

Since the game is on ESPN2, doesn't that mean that we'll finally be getting some bonus TV money this year? I don't recall all the details of the arrangement.

two of Fresno St. LB's played for Sanchez at BG. I wonder will that help us run the ball more? Or this is just interesting...

Nela Otukolo originally committed to UNLV and Sanchez but then later rescinded and picked Fresno. I wish he would have stayed in Vegas. Fortunately UNLV found another high quality LB in Laolagi.

Reactions: 5hawks1
UNLV needs to win this game badly if we want to reach 500 marks.

The funny thing is that when they asked the coach about Mouton, he said team rules, then said a head injury and he and the two players at the press conference all laughed. This tells me that he is strict and will hold players to rules, but he has a very good bond with the team in which they don't take everything seriously.

I really hope they go out and dominate Fresno State. Miss. beat them by almost 70, SJSU beat them by about 25, etc.. If they do a decent job, and play like they can, they should win this game easily.

Reactions: DocRebel
That's Sanchez's best characteristic as a coach. He maintains a high standard but keeps the bond tight with his players even if they under-perform or make a mistake. He addresses the problem(s) correctly and keeps moving forward. The players genuinely trust and respect him, and they have a fun time playing for him. I've always held that being able to relate well with your players and knowing how to push their buttons to motivate while establishing a fun environment is the best form of leadership. Leading by making people feel good about themselves almost always produces better results than various alternative approaches.

One thing I am taking away from this, is that the gap between Decker and Palandech has shrunk considerably. Even to the point that Palandech may be the starter the remainder of the season.

Reactions: DocRebel
I think Sanchez will be going with the "Hot Hand" the rest of the way. If Kurt picks up where he left off and we are moving the ball with success early, stick with him. If this is the case I still expect to see Decker at a "scripted" series much like we saw Kurt early in the year to keep both guys engaged.

If Kurt Struggles a few series Decker will be ready to go.

Uh, did I read this right? The Rebels are a 7 point road FAVORITE?!?!?!?!?!
You did. I find that pretty amazing, too. Rebels haven't gotten that kind of respect in many years. Of course, FSU having the kind of year they're having might have something to do with it! [poop]

Funny though it's going to take awhile before its real respect versus "they're just playing a down team". Same thing happened in the bowl season. It's wasn't because the Rebs were good, it was because everyone else was bad. Pure horse shyt.

MWC West was put on notice after the URN game. They put up a solid game versus SJSU. Now they just need to show FSU how far UNLV has come.

This is year one into their regime, too. I think I predicted 5 wins preseason (depends on how much Koolaid I drink the day I make my predictions) but I even thought I was going too far with my prognostication.
I'll be releasing my Powerball numbers soon for those who want to jump on my bandwagon.. ha ha

Reactions: RebboBiscuit
Uh, did I read this right? The Rebels are a 7 point road FAVORITE?!?!?!?!?!
... From being a two touchdown dog in this game before the season started. Yep, I'd say things are moving in the right direction.

On another note... I just realized it's mid season and I'm as fired up as I was at the start. I can't remember having that feeling at this time of year in a very long time... nor can I remember having a sense of pride like I do for this team (players and coaches). I said it before, but I absolutely love that I know my... our... team is going to go out and really fight and KEEP fighting.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT