ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV @ Fresno State Friday Night

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
Well on to the next one. Short week and then we get a very good Fresno State team. They just upset #13 UCLA on the road today. Their only L was a 7 point road loss to the Oregon Ducks who are now #4 in the country. I was hoping we would be competitive in our MWC games but this may be another blowout. They have a great RB in Rivers who is probably going to run all over us.

Fresno is -32 at Circa

Fresno is ranked #22 now. Crazy to think preseason I thought we might have a chance in this road game. The Fresno coach (DeBoer) was hired the same month as CMA.
But we had to deal with Covid! Last season and this season don’t count. Next season will be like his first, so by 2023 we can hold him accountable.

Fresno St. QB Haener played with some guts. He might pass for 600 yards against our defense.

Ah, I see you’re giving him the Menzies rope, lol.
Way worse than Menzies. Arroyo is possibly the worst coach in FBS history and he’s not even upset about it. Any person with a conscience could not steal millions from a public university going winless season after season with a smile on his face. Hopefully we can fire him after this season and go back to being horrible, rather than the worst in fbs history.

Can we get Max Gilliam back? Unless Doug B. can play we're goosed. We played Fresno heads up for the first half last year but Rivers ran all over us in second half defense was horrible.
I'm still holding out for some semblance of success and team building this year but, we got to stop committing self inflicting wounds.
1. How can coach start Rodgers game 1 over DB horrible decision my excuse: he missed practices for a week and coach is trying to set up a culture no practice no play next man up. Works great at Alabama but not so well at UNLV when the drop off is so great. Can you imagine Tark treating LJ, Hunt, Stacey, Greg, the same as Dave Rice just to create a team first mentality. Stars are treated different.
2. ASU we played them straight up. My excuse Doug B. got hurt otherwise we're right there battling until the end.
3.Iowa State preseason was considered for a possible playoff team they were that highly rated no matter what we did it was going to be a blowout talent gap was too great. However, the beating was much worse because of Doug B injury.
Now comes Fresno State please let DB be ready and keep game close. my excuses for this team and staff are running out. The qb situation is being mishandled by epic proportions get 1 quarterback ready and stick with him musical chairs is recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
The fact that people gave Arroyo that “out” last season baffled me. The fact that he coached with zero urgency made me question why he was hired. Even if he one day becomes Nick Saban, I will always have that memory of him in my head.

There was NO excuse for that!
You aren’t enjoying the sharp coaching that gives us play by play at quarterback?

By play by play, I mean shuffle in QB1, next play, QB2, next play, QB3 …. On the unavoidable fourth down, punt.

It’s a shit show.

Aaron Rodgers couldnt turn this team around. You're hopes of the Quarterback being able to play us to a win is misplaced I think.

Yes, definitely a very tough stretch of games here. The next one @UTSA won’t be ranked but if UTSA beats Memphis this week they’ll certainly be getting votes and probably around that top 35.

It has to be depressing being an athlete on this team and knowing you will lose big in most every game.

I truly believe they have the talent to compete in most of the games, but they can't be competitive if they can't figure out the QB situation. From what I could see it looked like the only QB to move the ball was Tate, is that correct? Would it be best to let him start and see how he does for an entire game?

Reactions: RebelMan5000
I truly believe they have the talent to compete in most of the games, but they can't be competitive if they can't figure out the QB situation. From what I could see it looked like the only QB to move the ball was Tate, is that correct? Would it be best to let him start and see how he does for an entire game?
Tate is out 2-3 weeks with a foot injury.

Nobody moved the ball on Saturday.

The only QB that has produced any sort of offense is Doug, and he's back this week.

I wasn't counting Doug since I didn't know how long he would be out. It is good he will be back, hope he will continue to show improvement.

Reactions: RebelScrub
It’s game day! Does anyone still care? 7:00PM on CBSSports tonight. I expect another @$$ kicking but I’ll be watching like always.

Yes, The Rebels are like a train wreck you just can't help but look to see how bad it is! Smh

It looks like Brumfield should start tonight per Cofield. That’s something to give us a little hope.

Might as well make this the game thread.

We’re stuck watching Middle TEnnessee St vs Charlotte. Hahhahaha, they got more fans than UNLV!!

these teams are more our competition.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT