ADVERTISEMENT

Coordinators

bcvegaspt

Bench warmer
Staff
Feb 26, 2005
Twelfth seat if I'm lucky
Our defense, and DC, are both works in progress. Not terrible for year one but we definitely need to improve.

OC - did the Go Go get a little exposed lately? Better coaching will do better to defend against it.

I think that we can improve vastly on both sides of the ball and want to retain both coordinators if we can. Just pointing out what needs work.

Our ST coach is a keeper for sure.

Our defense, and DC, are both works in progress. Not terrible for year one but we definitely need to improve.

OC - did the Go Go get a little exposed lately? Better coaching will do better to defend against it.

I think that we can improve vastly on both sides of the ball and want to retain both coordinators if we can. Just pointing out what needs work.

Not just better coaching , just better players. We are missing several players on both sides of the ball to take the next step. I thought the -2.5 line was insane. Thought it should of been -6 to -8.

The Go-Go got caught up in its own hype that it didn't really Go-Go... it's why I feel we will be fine with a good OC hire should Marion leave. Can take all the good parts and put into an RPO team if needed

I don't think Coordinators are an issue. We had a good year by UNLV standards. We just need better players and more experience in the spotlight.
Upgrades at corners to aggressive ball hawks who pay attention to situational football. Like they shouldn't give free passes to guys hoping a safety has their guy over the top. Make QB,not want to launch the ball downfield against you

Reactions: RebelSoldat
I hate that I'm saying this, but I must. We don't have any dawgs on this team. Almost all of our players are soft. The defensive coaches were part of the issue yes, but its also a personnel talent issue and an issue of not having players that really want it.

Speaking of not having players that really want it, Maiava's effort on that 4th down run was pathetic. If he really wanted it, he would have dived. He looked like he assumed he would get it because the defensive player was going to be too scared to hit him.

Unfortunately I am taking a wait and see approach on the Defense until we get full recruiting class + the portal. The 3-3-5 is the way. But we need DAWG ASAP!!!!!

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I hate that I'm saying this, but I must. We don't have any dawgs on this team. Almost all of our players are soft. The defensive coaches were part of the issue yes, but its also a personnel talent issue and an issue of not having players that really want it.

Speaking of not having players that really want it, Maiava's effort on that 4th down run was pathetic. If he really wanted it, he would have dived. He looked like he assumed he would get it because the defensive player was going to be too scared to hit him.
Freshman, shell shocked with his mistakes. Probably assumed he was there with the reach. Still don't like the 3rd down call.
That said, I really want to see a few of those guys that hit. Someone on defense that you know you can depend on to lock someone down. Corners that hit legally but make your WRs think twice about crossing routes. And lineman on both sides that just throw guys around...

Woodard is a dawg. But I can’t think of others.

No doubt they team didn't go into the game ready to fight, and the QB just appeared to be lost and to hyped up which most likely had a lot to do with his throwing high on many of his passes. By far the worst game of the year which mostly was due to UNLV's play not BSU!

Reactions: LVRebel2000
No doubt they team didn't go into the game ready to fight, and the QB just appeared to be lost and to hyped up which most likely had a lot to do with his throwing high on many of his passes. By far the worst game of the year which mostly was due to UNLV's play not BSU!
That fumble was a killer too. Then they got a long TD the very next play.

A certain S who somehow got an MWC post season honor had perhaps one of the worst games I've ever seen a S play at this level. Missed tackles. Bad angles. Blown coverages and reads. Playing at half speed. All game long. Dude definitely looked like he was checked out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT