ADVERTISEMENT

CON'T - Major LV Developing News

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
CONTINUED

NCAA conference expansion has been a growing concern to many programs. This I know well as I have been involved in many of the UNLV talks with other supporters and team officials.

What is happening now is the following.

The NCAA Power 5 conferences are making attempts to go to a Power 3 - that is right (3) conferences. It looks like now that the Pac 12, SEC, Big 10 are the 3 conferences with staying power. The ACC and BIG 12 are the ones who will be folding its tent. Here are the issues.

Last year. Both Arizona and Arizona State formed a committee to explore leaving the PAC-12 to the BIG-12. Sounds crazy. This is what they found. Many of there local supporters and fans wanted to stop playing late west coast time games for football. Texas led the movement believing this would strengthen the Big-12 to end the power 3 movement. One big problem Arizona State had was that too many of there west coast supporters were against the move. I was in on at least 4 meetings that had Arizona State and Arizona speaking with well known representatives out of California in San Diego discussing the future of the Pac-12. The last meeting led to an emergency Pac-12 AD and President meeting right here in Las Vegas, Nevada.

The result sent shock waves to everyone which my own opinion started the Big-12 movement last month.

Arizona and Arizona State agreed to stay in the Pac-12 and both schools are leading the way
for Texas to move from the Big-12 to the Pac-12. Texas 1st choice is clearly the SEC but they will never get the votes. So Texas has 3 choices. Pac-12, Big-10, Independent. And they do not want to go IND due to playoff rules.

Was told last week both Oklahoma and Oklahoma State will be discussing a move to either Pac-12 or Big-12 in May and will wait for Texas to make first move. Kansas is 100% moving to the Big-12. Was told by a reliable source that deal was made 2 years ago but Kansas balked last minute. I cant verify but some talk is Kansas could make announcement this summer.

BIG-12 expansion? YES its happening. The same thing happened to MWC and WAC.
BIG-12 wants to expand and have it happen fast. Right now Memphis and Cincinnati are the front runners. Louisville wants to join the SEC but will not get the votes. I think Louisville wants to get in the BIG-10 and can get the votes but personally think they will stay in the ACC for the time being.

UNLV?

And here is the big news.

I reported a while ago i saw the plans for the new stadium. what people do not know is the following

- (2) investors backed out late last year. Why? I am guessing it has something to do with the majority stakeholders role. I heard 1 investor backed out cause of the role he would have bringing his controllable interests to the stadium. And no its not the NHL. I think it was the Rodeo and concerts. Which leads us to the new big player. And its not who you think it is. Been told $250 million will be spent on the project with naming rights part of the deal. It will be partnered with UNLV and SANDS and the exciting news that UNLV will get invited to join the PAC-12 conference once the stadium is complete.

I have been told that its 100%. Now I do not think this is accurate just quite yet REBEL fans. I think this only happens if the Power 3 comes into play. If not. UNLV will move to the BIG-12 and then hope Texas and Oklahoma bolts to the PAC-12 which would force the PAC-12 to invite UNLV and possibly Boise State or New Mexico or Texas Tech.

After discussing with close friends and whom are close to UNLV. An invitation will happen due to the deals that will be taking place this year.

RAIDERS TO LAS VEGAS?

It can happen. I knew of meetings dating back to 2012 when I was over at a friends house and I will just tell you who was there - an NFL owner and investors. remember folks. The Oakland Raiders 4 largest private investors live in Henderson, Las Vegas and Boulder City. one of the investors who is quite private operated a golf course west of the city. Las Vegas is high on there list.

The only way this will happen is if San Diego bolts to Los Angeles. If the Chargers stay in SD then the Raiders will move to LA. Davis will not want to risk the value increase and then sell the stake along with the investors to the highest bidder.

San Antonio is 100% out. St. Louis is 100% out. Its either LA or LV for the Raiders. We will know most likely this summer (June) if its possible. By that time. We should have an announcement of the new stadium.

Stay tuned

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT