ADVERTISEMENT

CONFIRMED -- Beard tells TTech he will take job

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
Good evening!

Source told me eary this evening that Texas Tech offered the position for head coach to UNLV Chris Beard and he told them yes/ Another supporter of UNLV told me short time ago that many UNLV officials and those involved with the admin are meeting tonight.

Stay tuned. Will update as soon as I get more information.

Reactions: doug7518
Good evening!

Source told me eary this evening that Texas Tech offered the position for head coach to UNLV Chris Beard and he told them yes/ Another supporter of UNLV told me short time ago that many UNLV officials and those involved with the admin are meeting tonight.

Stay tuned. Will update as soon as I get more information.
The important question is what are they serving at the Gala? Please update soon.

Westgate at the Gala

my_little_pony___the_gala__by_raaawrowo-d4x5ytj.png

Westgate: we must have the same source. My source said TT officials flew in on a private jet this evening to meet with Beard. Shockingly, for an extra mill, his family, his old school, and the B12, he has decided to take it and will leave vegas faster than a Mormon bachelor

I'm going to Steve Wynn's for a bbq, but will post more later.

Teaser: UNLV will rush to hire someone from the land of enchantment

of course he will take it, its home BUT very unethical at this point...i hope karma is really good for him.

Reactions: bugman12
Its both. Texas Tech should have laid off of Beard. Beard should have told Texas Tech no thanks. Both are scum bags! If Beard can do us one favor he would take TKM with him.

Its both. Texas Tech should have laid off of Beard. Beard should have told Texas Tech no thanks. Both are scum bags! If Beard can do us one favor he would take TKM with him.

So UNLV should have laid off of recruiting Beard too, then.

Last edited:

If you demand that TT shouldn't have recruited him, then it is a very small leap in logic that we shouldn't have poached him from UALR after only one season.

The fact is, they are at will employment agreements, and terms of breaking the contract were written into it.

Reactions: CoupDeTa
You heard it here first.

What's Westgate's track record..2-0??

Just the way Ryan Miller Handled himself give him a short contract and see what he can do. Then let the new AD make a decesion on who'll be our long term coach.

I hope tomorrows headlines read: BEARD LEAVES VEGAS SCRAMBLING FOR NEW AD.

Vegas has hired Ryan Miller...........................We do.know he has hired his brother Mike Miller........................

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Miller will take it and at this point is the only one who could keep a somewhat team in tack. My source has told be he would be 100% with us and help in any way if somebody just called him. I was also told he is being interviewed soon for another team. You don't want to know where. If the fans want him we have to blow UNLV up on Twitter. #ITSMILLERTIME

Miller will take it and at this point is the only one who could keep a somewhat team in tack. My source has told be he would be 100% with us and help in any way if somebody just called him. I was also told he is being interviewed soon for another team. You don't want to know where. If the fans want him we have to blow UNLV up on Twitter. #ITSMILLERTIME
TCU, he is interviewing at TCU.

Yeah, Jamie Dixon is the HC. So he is obviously interviewing for an assistant's position.

(I meant that post sent me searching to make sure Dixon hadn't bailed on TCU)

I think if RM is offered a 3 year at UNLV and we'll see how it goes after that, he will take it. I'm feeling like we are down to that, Menzies, or some obscure coach somewhere that TKM doesn't have the talent or advisers to be able to identify.

guess $$ is everything...living in Lubbock, no thanks..basketball, really, they havent been in ncaa tournament since 2008 with knight except for this year. but we all have to make choices...i would have preferred unlv myself

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT