ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Update - Saturday * today is the day* confirmed

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
Late last night spoke briefly to major player involved and today was told at the clubhouse early evening UNLV will be meeting with the local supporters to put together the offer for their coach and was told it is likely it will be accepted by the coach.

Few things to note. I was told that Cronin was never offered the job but only agreed to terms of the contract. UNLV AD and local players were not on the same page and was reason it took 3-4 days to put together everything.

The major player involved apparently is in town and will be meeting with UNLV to discuss the coaching hire and then they will take it to the others for a final decision. Was told he and my source will be meeting today before they go home for Easter Sunday. They will be discussing also the latest on the stadium front. So it will be a busy Saturday.

It does look like today will be a key day and UNLV should know if they have their new coach. When will it be announced? not sure. But I will update you as I get more information. Tomorrow will be a very busy day for everyone so if Its big I will do my best to inform you of the latest.

"I was told that Cronin was never offered the job but only agreed to terms of the contract."

Cronin - That would be a great salary for whoever you offer. I'm not saying you should offer it to me since you brought my agent and I out for a consultation for your open position only. I know you aren't offering the position to me despite you writing my name on the contract and asking me to sign it.

Westgate- not asking you to give up the name of the coach being discussed. Can you at least provide us with a glimmer of hope that it's not a name like Menzies?

You mentioned in the past that the powers that be wanted to make a big splash with this hire, and it seems like the names being publicly discussed are not such candidates. Maybe the big splash hires have already said no, but a part of me hopes that everything has been a smoke screen to make way for an exciting name.

Heres a thought... we dont need "major player" if Menzies is the guy... surely we can come up with 700k salary for coach, NMST already said they wont counter..

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Heres a thought... we dont need "major player" if Menzies is the guy... surely we can come up with 700k salary for coach, NMST already said they wont counter..

No thank you!

Only need to pay $400000 to take him away... They said they can't afford to be in a bidding war.

There's only one guy I can think of that would move the needle that we might have a chance to make a run at since it's a step up in conference: Gregg Marshall. He makes $3 mill a year and has turned down big football schools before.

There's only one guy I can think of that would move the needle that we might have a chance to make a run at since it's a step up in conference: Gregg Marshall. He makes $3 mill a year and has turned down big football schools before.

I said this on twitter last wekl after they lost in tournament... If we has sneaky coach hiring skills and balls... his players from his F4 team will all be gone, nothing really keeping him as far as loyalty to AA players... why not make a run at him

Westgate- not asking you to give up the name of the coach being discussed. Can you at least provide us with a glimmer of hope that it's not a name like Menzies?

You mentioned in the past that the powers that be wanted to make a big splash with this hire, and it seems like the names being publicly discussed are not such candidates. Maybe the big splash hires have already said no, but a part of me hopes that everything has been a smoke screen to make way for an exciting name.

You fool, he dosen't have any names.

I wanted y'all to know I stopped by the Clubhouse today and no one would talk to me.

Mickey-Mouse-Clubhouse.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT