ADVERTISEMENT

Confirmed - UNLV hires Chris Beard

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
Just got home from a wonderful Easter gathering. And have gotten plenty of messages regarding UNLV hiring Chris Beard. I was contacted in the afternoon about the hire but unfortunately I was not available to comment on the matter to you all under the holiday circumstances. Was told by a source that UNLV narrowed their choice to 2 as of last night and had an emergency meeting early Sunday evening where they met with many of the local supporters to agree on the hire.

They contacted the coach and Chris Beard has accepted the deal which I can confirm.

There will be lots of discussion about whether this is a great hire. Was told that UNLV as of late last week received assistance from very reliable professionals who all thought Beard was the best basketball coach not in a power 5 conference and he would take UNLV extremely far.

Also was told that UNLV major player met with Beard 2 weeks ago and again on Friday. I was told that the feedback was that Beard wants to be a Rebel and will never leave the program no matter what success he has. Also believes UNLV is a goldmine and could become a major program once again which is great news considering the possibility of UNLV moving to the PAC-12 conference soon. Or at least everyone wanting the program to be in the PAC-12..

A great hire? I know everyone involved in the process is very excited that he is our coach. I think its the best hire we could have made outside of Pitino but could be the best hire longterm for the program.

Now is the time to get behind the UNLV program and work with Beard, the staff, and everyone at the athletic department to make sure UNLV becomes the program we hope for. We made a great hire and today we move forward into exciting times and a new era of Runnin' Rebel Basketball.

GO REBS!

Just got home from a wonderful Easter gathering. And have gotten plenty of messages regarding UNLV hiring Chris Beard. I was contacted in the afternoon about the hire but unfortunately I was not available to comment on the matter to you all under the holiday circumstances. Was told by a source that UNLV narrowed their choice to 2 as of last night and had an emergency meeting early Sunday evening where they met with many of the local supporters to agree on the hire.

They contacted the coach and Chris Beard has accepted the deal which I can confirm.

There will be lots of discussion about whether this is a great hire. Was told that UNLV as of late last week received assistance from very reliable professionals who all thought Beard was the best basketball coach not in a power 5 conference and he would take UNLV extremely far.

Also was told that UNLV major player met with Beard 2 weeks ago and again on Friday. I was told that the feedback was that Beard wants to be a Rebel and will never leave the program no matter what success he has. Also believes UNLV is a goldmine and could become a major program once again which is great news considering the possibility of UNLV moving to the PAC-12 conference soon. Or at least everyone wanting the program to be in the PAC-12..

A great hire? I know everyone involved in the process is very excited that he is our coach. I think its the best hire we could have made outside of Pitino but could be the best hire longterm for the program.

Now is the time to get behind the UNLV program and work with Beard, the staff, and everyone at the athletic department to make sure UNLV becomes the program we hope for. We made a great hire and today we move forward into exciting times and a new era of Runnin' Rebel Basketball.

GO REBS!

thank you for the info, especially AFTER the fact. u r always at some function or dinner or something when the action comes down and then you inform us...you are a true rebel

How the hell did he nail the stadium news so well?

Does that mean all if that crap about us being invited to the PAC 12 eventually bull too?

I believe he is getting booster information. If I were the booster and found out he is sharing all of this, I'd cut him off. Loose lips sink ships.

Reactions: manic water
How the hell did he nail the stadium news so well?

Does that mean all if that crap about us being invited to the PAC 12 eventually bull too?
No, I think he was right about that. There's been some background chatter doing the rounds.

It's comforting to note the Westgate has the ability to read the R-J. I'm shocked that they would make this hire while you were otherwise occupied. Did you give your approval? Or are you attending the Regents conference?

This compulsion to impress a collection of Rebel fans who you will never know, with fake connections and vague predictions that say absolutely nothing, is truly disturbing.

For your own good,You really should seek professional help,...

GO REBS!
Truth!

thanks for all the info WG, you've been fantastic throughout. ignore those that understand that these things are fluid and change like the weather. it may be a done deal, but it's not until it's done.

please keep feeding anymore info that falls in your lap whilst you are at gatherings, galas, country clubs, and any other events you attend.

i know beggars shouldn't be choosers, but i was hoping for some info on a couple things:
1) when will she be fired?
2) why hasn't she been fired yet?
3) when she gets fired, will she text the RJ before UNLV announces it?
4) are any assistant coaches sticking around?
5) are any players sticking around?

thanks,
the RebelNet Faithful

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT