ADVERTISEMENT

Commitment: 4 star LB Parker Meese

Damn! This recruiting job for the Defense is nothing short of amazing! I expect on much better secondary next season (I did notice he is the first commit for 2025 unless he finishes school a year early). How can he have so many offers from big time schools, and 247 doesn't even have him ranked?

Offers from Arizona, Arizona State, Arkansas, Auburn, Boston College, Buffalo, Charlotte, Colorado, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky, Liberty, Louisville, Marshall, Maryland, Miami, Michigan, Michigan State, Missouri, North Carolina, Ole Miss, Oregon, Penn State, Tennessee, Texas A&M, UAB, UNLV, UTSA, Western Kentucky, Jackson State, and Northern Iowa per 247

That is a lot of offers!

I see on rivals they show a commit and then a decommit? Confused?

Last edited:
Reactions: LVRebel2000
Best linebacker since Bret Gilbert!! CMHS linebacker 1994!!

UNLV went hard and heavy after this one, definitely a primary target.
I read some articles on him, and it appears he had UNLV in his final schools as much as about a year ago. It is a long ways until 2025, but even being able to get a commit from someone at this level speaks volumes for the future of UNLV. This coaching staff is doing an amazing job of recruiting.

Best linebacker since Bret Gilbert!! CMHS linebacker 1994!!
Eddie Hartwell >>>> Bret

That 94 Cheyenne vs. CMHS was the worst game I’ve ever been to. Probably 250 total yards combined. 2 great defenses and sloppy offense. They (CMHS) beat us 3-0 in the first OT game in Nevada history. Before 1994 they just ended games in a tie.

• Love
Reactions: RebelScrub
Best linebacker since Bret Gilbert!! CMHS linebacker 1994
Eddie Hartwell >>>> Bret

That 94 Cheyenne vs. CMHS was the worst game I’ve ever been to. Probably 250 total yards combined. 2 great defenses and sloppy offense. They (CMHS) beat us 3-0 in the first OT game in Nevada history. Before 1994 they just ended games in a tie.
Your band tried to fight our band. We had the same drum officers from UNLV.

Bruh, we won State in basketball that year. All the same people from Brinley Jr high went to either western, CMHS or Bonanza.

Best linebacker since Bret Gilbert!! CMHS linebacker 1994

Your band tried to fight our band. We had the same drum officers from UNLV.

Bruh, we won State in basketball that year. All the same people from Brinley Jr high went to either western, CMHS or Bonanza.
Or Cheyenne. I was a Brinley Bruin and went to Cheyenne. There wasn’t a lot of us, but we existed

Hahahaha.

That 94 season was my freshman year. Some CMHS kids came to our school and tried to burn CMHS into our “grass” field the night before the game. There’s a good chance me and some friends went to CMHS during the 1Q of that game and planted trees in your field:

There’s also a very good chance we ruined my friends truck trying to steal the gator statute at Green Valley. Man we were dumb.

Last edited:
Or Cheyenne. I was a Brinley Bruin and went to Cheyenne. There wasn’t a lot of us, but we existed

Hahahaha.

That 94 season was my freshman year. Some CMHS kids came to our school and tried to burn CMHS into our “grass” field the night before the game. There’s a good chance me and some friends went to CMHS during the 1Q of that game and planted trees in your field:

There’s also a very food chance we ruined my friends truck trying to steal the gator statute at Green Valley. Man we were dumb.
John Denton went to Green Valley that year.

I laid f’n low. Those drifters from Western were looking for me.

Reactions: butta1231
Eddie Hartwell >>>> Bret

I remember hearing about that game. Was playing JV that year and Eddie Hartwell, funny enough, was our JV QB. I think DeShone Myles played in that game though. Played 2 or 3 years in the NFL If memory serves correctly. Varsity had a great defense, but the offense wasn’t quite there yet. Got there in 96 only to stall in the state final. I had stopped playing by then (my senior year) to focus on school since a 5’10”, 190lb guard wasn’t going to get very far in football. Was fun to witness though.

It was 1996 when we tried to steal the gator. Jon was gone by then right? C/O 1995?
Did you ever watch Robotech or Thundercats in the 80’s. I have a puma cheetara shoes and a dope basketball outfit. I might rock it. Or wear my shitty Dallas starter jacket to the women’s game.

And Brother..Mormons are cool AF.

I tried to sing this song at my church. I haven’t sung at church since my mother died.

Reactions: reagan21
I remember hearing about that game. Was playing JV that year and Eddie Hartwell, funny enough, was our JV QB. I think DeShone Myles played in that game though. Played 2 or 3 years in the NFL If memory serves correctly. Varsity had a great defense, but the offense wasn’t quite there yet. Got there in 96 only to stall in the state final. I had stopped playing by then (my senior year) to focus on school since a 5’10”, 190lb guard wasn’t going to get very far in football. Was fun to witness though.
deshone was ‘93. Corey Grant was the running back in 94. A fricking freight train and dated my cousin.

That state finals game in 96 still pisses me off. Coach Perry decided to get away from running the ball after Jason Schmidt threw for like 260 yards against Green Valley the week before. That 96 team was loaded. Jason threw a pick 6 on the last play of the 1st half. Should have taken the sack on gotten into half time tied 0-0. McQueen couldn’t move the ball either but we gifted them all 14 of their points.

I’m only a year younger than you. I’m guessing we know each other

At least you played. I sucked at football. I was watching Sailor Moon in high School and College. I got a Sailor Moon Racing Jacket that came out as the same time as Formula 1 came out. It drops my age immensely.

Freakin Joe’s kid thought I was 32. Her kid and my niece were playing outside.

I’m going to the women’s game and missing the 1st nfl game.

Did you ever watch Robotech or Thundercats in the 80’s. I have a puma cheetara shoes and a dope basketball outfit. I might rock it. Or wear my shitty Dallas starter jacket to the women’s game.

And Brother..Mormons are cool AF.

I tried to sing this song at my church. I haven’t sung at church since my mother died.
Sorry to hear that dude. Sing away

deshone was ‘93. Corey Grant was the running back in 94. A fricking freight train and dated my cousin.

That state finals game in 96 still pisses me off. Coach Perry decided to get away from running the ball after Jason Schmidt threw for like 260 yards against Green Valley the week before. That 96 team was loaded.

I’m only a year younger than you. I’m guessing we know each other
All those names I haven’t heard since like literally since High School. Jamaal Hawkins was a freshman beast at Brinley.

All those names I haven’t heard since like literally since High School. Jamaal Hawkins was a freshman beast at Brinley.
Deshone Myles was zoned for Western. That 92 western basketball team would have had Tootie Green, Booker Washington, a freshman Prince Fowler and a sophomore Deshone Myles. They would have won 5 state championships in a row.

Sorry to hear that dude. Sing away
Oh I f’n sucked. I dragged it out. There’s only 12 people at night church. Everybody stopped going. It happens.

I was sober as hell, nervous as ****. I hadn’t sung since 2016 and I still forgot the communion cup. Brother Frank (works in women’s prison) got me a cup.

We sung the end song at my cousins funeral when she got shot dead in a drive by in 1993z

God doesn’t give a shit if you sound like crap. I was sick too. I was very congested.

The pig farm was moved out near Apex. They’re building homes on the old site:

My wife graduated from Mojave, ‘00. The school didn’t exist my senior year so I never had to smell it. We had double sessions with Mojave my senior year since CCSD created a HS before they even had planes for the school or acquired land. We went to school from 6:40 - 11:40 and Mojave (only freshman) went 12:30 - 5:30.

Reactions: Rosegreen1
Deshone Myles was zoned for Western. That 92 western basketball team would have had Tootie Green, Booker Washington, a freshman Prince Fowler and a sophomore Deshone Myles. They would have won 5 state championships in a row.

90 Clark basketball team was sick.

H Waldman (Unlv/St Louis)
Nino Samuel Played 2 years at Portland State
Ken Bosket (N Arizona)
Jan Brooks (Had offer to play football or basketball at Texas I think, but never went)

Does it still smell out there at Mojave HS? Man, pig farm or something down the road really reeked and could barely concentrate on the football game.
They cleaned it up supposedly. It’s like North Fifth Street. The pig farm doesn’t exist no more. Dude I remember driving by that..it was fuggin nasty. 🤮

Ken Bosket (N Arizona)
Jan Brooks (Had offer to play football or basketball at Texas I think, but never went)
Dude I saw H Waldman play in the 8th grade. He played at the Boys and Girls Club club. It had carpeted basketball floors lol!!

Another great defensive commit. Odom and team are killing it. I’ve never looked forward to a UNLV football season like this upcoming season. Sure hope season ticket sales jump and we start filling the lower bowl of Allegiant. It could become a great game day experience.

BHS ‘92 coach Eubank was my freshman football coach.
He’s still alive and kicking. He’s a minister at South Valley Church of Christ off Gillespie and Silverado Ranch . He’s losing his voice a little bit but the guy is still kicking.

Coach Delano Lewis volunteered in the mid 90’s. I also worked with him when he was a mental health technician and he worked with Freddie Banks.

All good people.

Dude, I know u went to Utah State, I’m rooting for Jordan Love..but that also means I’m jinxing him big time. What an incredible player.

Yes, the Bonanza connection. Any bonanza grads here? Coach Delano Lewis and Coach Bruce Eubank held it down in the 90’s

Played against Bonaza basketball in the early 2000s. They had some guys with talent, could’ve been a better roster if not for obvious things that were going on in those days.

We all know if you were any good at basketball you ended up at two schools.

Played against Bonaza basketball in the early 2000s. They had some guys with talent, could’ve been a better roster if not for obvious things that were going on in those days.

We all know if you were any good at basketball you ended up at two schools.
Did you play against (Clark) Kevin Gaines or was that before your time?

Did you play against (Clark) Kevin Gaines or was that before your time?
Just before but we did watch tape of games in years prior so probably watched him play since his last season was 99.

By watching tape, I mean we were still on VHS and watching on the little tv on the tv cart. We all had to huddle up in the front of the room to even see what was going on.

Nowadays you got movie theater seating, projectors and other things.

Ken Bosket (N Arizona)
Vs Gorman at Gorman was a GREAT game to watch! I think Tark and his crew made an appearance to watch H.

Such a fun game! I don't even remember or care who won.

Bruce Eubank was my favorite teacher ever. He taught my 8th grade US history at Cannon. I then drove across town for summer school once I was in HS just to have him again for history.

Ken Bosket (N Arizona)
Did you forget someone ?

HOw about Ron Riley The only REAL player _ the only Guy that played in the NBA

H Waldman was a friend of mine _ (kinda) his Mom lived in the same Apartments as me _ where we had a bball hoop

If there were no runs there we would hop in his bug and he would get me in free at the Sports Club

H sucked _ if I could beat him 3 or 4 games out of 10 - he must not have been that good

I played pickup basketball with Ron Riley _ He was on a different level _ like when you'd play with the REbels _ you quickly identified _ next level MFers
Vs Gorman at Gorman was a GREAT game to watch! I think Tark and his crew made an appearance to watch H.

Such a fun game! I don't even remember or care who won.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT