ADVERTISEMENT

Coaching Carousel has just began.

Meanwhile Will Wade is still up for grabs. Seems like for some reason nobody at the moment is on him?? I could only wish. Like CKK i just dont think i want to wait another 2-3 years to see us in the REAL tournament. I think next year we will drop off significantly as of now, but with USU and NM (possibly) looking for a new HC we might compete for the MWC bye default. I just dont think CKK can get the horses to get us there and win atleast a game or 2.

Meanwhile Will Wade is still up for grabs. Seems like for some reason nobody at the moment is on him?? I could only wish. Like CKK i just dont think i want to wait another 2-3 years to see us in the REAL tournament. I think next year we will drop off significantly as of now, but with USU and NM (possibly) looking for a new HC we might compete for the MWC bye default. I just dont think CKK can get the horses to get us there and win atleast a game or 2.
We agree!

I don’t care if we win the NIT this season but next year there should be a hard line drawn, NCAA or else for Kevin next season!

It looks like the PAC 2 have settled and will be getting 60 mil from the departing teams.

Not a bad nest egg. Not sure if they use that money for buyouts to create a new PAC and maximize per year revenue moving forward, or hold onto it to subsidize the lost income from being in a lower stakes conference.
Maybe a little of column A and a little of column B.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Everyone good at OSU and WSU are jumping ship.
Thats because they decided for some dumb reason to join the WCC for basketball. The WCC might have St. Mary's and Gonzaga but its not on the same overall level as the MWC in terms of overall competition. Take a job/play at school with more exposure against better talents = lots of jumping ships.

Thats because they decided for some dumb reason to join the WCC for basketball. The WCC might have St. Mary's and Gonzaga but its not on the same overall level as the MWC in terms of overall competition. Take a job/play at school with more exposure against better talents = lots of jumping ships.
I'm talking about AD and the football teams as well. They are no longer P5.

A merger with the MWC is the best move for the PAC2 at this point.
Not disagreeing at all. Apparently, I'm not making sense on here (at least not conveying my thoughts as they are 'making sense' to me in my head). Not having a pity party for myself, or victimizing myself, just how I'm reading the room.

I will say, while we all aspire to move up in the rankings to a P5 one day, how much would we all collectively sh** ourselves if we dropped down from G5 to DII, so to speak. That's what those two schools are facing right now.

Not disagreeing at all. Apparently, I'm not making sense on here (at least not conveying my thoughts as they are 'making sense' to me in my head). Not having a pity party for myself, or victimizing myself, just how I'm reading the room.

I will say, while we all aspire to move up in the rankings to a P5 one day, how much would we all collectively sh** ourselves if we dropped down from G5 to DII, so to speak. That's what those two schools are facing right now.
Getting those two schools to merge with the MWC would put us as the best non-major conference, and also put the conference in great shape to get a team into the football playoffs!

Do they have a choice?
I think so. They got over 5 years worth what the MWC would pay ( Baring a new tv contract). They can just play us in Football like they will next year and play the rest of their sports in the WCC. That gives them time to wait for an invite to whatever is coming after the ACC shakes out.

I think so. They got over 5 years worth what the MWC would pay ( Baring a new tv contract). They can just play us in Football like they will next year and play the rest of their sports in the WCC. That gives them time to wait for an invite to whatever is coming after the ACC shakes out.
Dude I hate being in this league.

Just a shit for brains adminstration and we are paying the price because our athletic program didn’t have vision.

I’m talking about just in general.

Sad at what we’ve pissed away over the years.

Zagoria mentions Niko Medved as a possibility for Oklahoma State. I would rather they go for him instead of Alford would rather have the better coach leave the conference.

I do not think the MWC would give them that many years. The MWC would likely play hard ball with Oregon State and Washington State. I believe there programs would fall apart to a level below the MWC if they tried to stick it out byu style as independents. I believe they have two years to increase to at least 7 teams or the conference becomes defunct and they lose all bargaining power.

Reactions: utestream
They have to have at least 8 members in the conference within two years. I have read from many different articles that osu and wsu plan on staying in the pac and bringing in other schools. Now I don't know if that means bringing the entire mwc or just a few teams from.the mwc, a few from the aac or other conferences. But from what I gather they are going to make a push to keep the PAC alive.
My personal opinion Is I hope they invite certain members from different conferences and not the entire mwc. Certain school bring down the MWC and hoping this is a chance to rid UNLV of some of this dead weight

They have to have at least 8 members in the conference within two years. I have read from many different articles that osu and wsu plan on staying in the pac and bringing in other schools. Now I don't know if that means bringing the entire mwc or just a few teams from.the mwc, a few from the aac or other conferences. But from what I gather they are going to make a push to keep the PAC alive.
My personal opinion Is I hope they invite certain members from different conferences and not the entire mwc. Certain school bring down the MWC and hoping this is a chance to rid UNLV of some of this dead weight
If they do not bring most of the schools from the MWC (at least 75%) then there will be a really massive exit fee from the MWC. In no way would I want them to come into the MWC due to the Boise State sweetheart deal.

If they do not bring most of the schools from the MWC (at least 75%) then there will be a really massive exit fee from the MWC. In no way would I want them to come into the MWC due to the Boise State sweetheart deal.
If they announce before midnight June 30, 2025 they can start in the PAC 2026 with a buy out of $17mil. With the new TV deal coming around then there will also be a new discussion on buy out for any team giving notice after that date. Who knows what that buy out will change to.
UNLV, SDSU, CSU, Air Force, BSu, and possibly Fresno and Utah St. Then taken the rest from other conferences.
UNR and UNM bring zero value.
Wyoming doesn't bring much but from what I have heard from different players and coaches Laramie is a nightmare to get in and out of especially during the winter.
If in end end they had to get 9 then SJSU and Hawaii (football only) would be my next choices.
But just adding OSU and WSU doesn't do much to improve things. Just more mouths to feed.
No matter what happens the BSu sweetheart deal has to go away. They don't bring any more value than any other team in the MWC.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
If they announce before midnight June 30, 2025 they can start in the PAC 2026 with a buy out of $17mil. With the new TV deal coming around then there will also be a new discussion on buy out for any team giving notice after that date. Who knows what that buy out will change to.
UNLV, SDSU, CSU, Air Force, BSu, and possibly Fresno and Utah St. Then taken the rest from other conferences.
UNR and UNM bring zero value.
Wyoming doesn't bring much but from what I have heard from different players and coaches Laramie is a nightmare to get in and out of especially during the winter.
If in end end they had to get 9 then SJSU and Hawaii (football only) would be my next choices.
But just adding OSU and WSU doesn't do much to improve things. Just more mouths to feed.
No matter what happens the BSu sweetheart deal has to go away. They don't bring any more value than any other team in the MWC.
"Wyoming doesn't bring much but from what I have heard from different players and coaches Laramie is a nightmare to get in and out of especially during the winter."

Isn't that where Bird saw Tark freezing on the road and Bird picked Tark up just before he froze to death?

"Wyoming doesn't bring much but from what I have heard from different players and coaches Laramie is a nightmare to get in and out of especially during the winter."

Isn't that where Bird saw Tark freezing on the road and Bird picked Tark up just before he froze to death?

I think as that story goes Tark was hitchhiking on a rural road in West Texas…

UNLV is the dead weight though..

I'd be interested to hear anyone that may know, but the USU hire seems a bit off considering their track record... He doesn't even have an NCAA tournament trip to his name

I'd be interested to hear anyone that may know, but the USU hire seems a bit off considering their track record... He doesn't even have an NCAA tournament trip to his name
He played for Rollie he will be fine. On a serious note, surprised they went for someone without west coast ties. Seems like a mid-west Ohio guy so not sure he will be around for too long if he has any success.

He played for Rollie he will be fine. On a serious note, surprised they went for someone without west coast ties. Seems like a mid-west Ohio guy so not sure he will be around for too long if he has any success.
unmmmm; they’re in Logan, UT. People on the west coast know what Logan is. The less they know bout northern utah the better.

My point is the last guy they got from the east lasted two years before leaving. Sprinkle and Smith were from the western US and had ties to recruiting. A guy coaching in Ohio/WV does not have any recruiting ties or experience out here. Also if he does have success he will not want to stay out here and will be looking to move back, imo.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT