ADVERTISEMENT

Christian Jones

It is hard for me to get very excited until I see how all of the parts fit together. After all the big time recruits that Rice was able to recruit, but was unable to coach up as a team, expectations have been tempered until we see results.

Reactions: Vegas007
Wish we had a veteran true point guard to run things. I wonder how having combo guards at the point fulltime will affect the team next year. Nonetheless, CJ sounds like a solid get and should be a tough player for us.

Wish we had a veteran true point guard to run things. I wonder how having combo guards at the point fulltime will affect the team next year. Nonetheless, CJ sounds like a solid get and should be a tough player for us.

Aren't we all too familiar with how not having a true PG will affect the Rebel basketball team? I mean we haven't had a true PG since the Kruger Era!

Reactions: manic water
This guy could be our Ben Carter. The guy willing to do the dirty work. Take a charge, guard a 7 footer, battle for rebounds. I hope he is our work horse. It feels like he could be a great glue guy.

In regards to the point guard comment. I couldn't agree more. College is a point guard game still. Yeah I know that there are a great players out there. But the teams that win have great point guards consistently. They take care of the ball, manage the game and make the other team play to them. Also, the other team isn't "big enough" yet to keep them from scoring when they need to.

I don't know how we send that up the pipeline to Chuck to get us a all star 4 year point guard. But that would have been great. Oh yeah, we did have one of those and he followed another one of our old coaches to some other school. Losing Fisher was really bad, I don't think we realize how bad because we had so many bad things happen. But he would have been a cog that we could have built 3-4 years around. So not only did it screw us for this year, but the next couple as well.

I would have loved to see our guys return, but Pat and Zimm have legit chances to make it to the next level. Jones by the NCAA issue was almost forced out. Without Pat and Jones returning Carter would not have any help so who can blame him, and seriously Michigan St! Wow. He does have a legit chance to make it (I doubt Duke, Kentucky, Etc. are going to roll over). Anyway we could have had:
Fisher
Pat
Jones
Poyser
Morgan

But we did finish in the middle of a crappy conference with 3 guys that will be playing in the NBA. So, that is the ultimate trump card on Rice. He had three awesome guys and a lot of good guys, and we chunked it up.

I need to look at the team roster so I can know who we have now. It is so depressing when I think about what should have been.

This is not a bash on Menzies, just a complaint about all the bad weather we have had and nothing we the commoners can do.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
This guy could be our Ben Carter. The guy willing to do the dirty work. Take a charge, guard a 7 footer, battle for rebounds. I hope he is our work horse. It feels like he could be a great glue guy.

In regards to the point guard comment. I couldn't agree more. College is a point guard game still. Yeah I know that there are a great players out there. But the teams that win have great point guards consistently. They take care of the ball, manage the game and make the other team play to them. Also, the other team isn't "big enough" yet to keep them from scoring when they need to.

I don't know how we send that up the pipeline to Chuck to get us a all star 4 year point guard. But that would have been great. Oh yeah, we did have one of those and he followed another one of our old coaches to some other school. Losing Fisher was really bad, I don't think we realize how bad because we had so many bad things happen. But he would have been a cog that we could have built 3-4 years around. So not only did it screw us for this year, but the next couple as well.

I would have loved to see our guys return, but Pat and Zimm have legit chances to make it to the next level. Jones by the NCAA issue was almost forced out. Without Pat and Jones returning Carter would not have any help so who can blame him, and seriously Michigan St! Wow. He does have a legit chance to make it (I doubt Duke, Kentucky, Etc. are going to roll over). Anyway we could have had:
Fisher
Pat
Jones
Poyser
Morgan

But we did finish in the middle of a crappy conference with 3 guys that will be playing in the NBA. So, that is the ultimate trump card on Rice. He had three awesome guys and a lot of good guys, and we chunked it up.

I need to look at the team roster so I can know who we have now. It is so depressing when I think about what should have been.

This is not a bash on Menzies, just a complaint about all the bad weather we have had and nothing we the commoners can do.

It was sad to see those guys go and it would have been interesting to see what Menzies could have done with last year's players. When Menzies was hired I was not looking forward to this upcoming season at all but as the roster was put together I became more and more intrigued what was happening. Now I am excited for the upcoming season and feel the Rebels may post more W's than last year.

Reactions: Rebel Chi-girl
I hope we have more W's. But that is really hopeful. I don't know if that is realistic. I think if he goes 500 then we should give him a win.

I would like to finish in the top half of the conference. Our conference sucks so we should be able to win some games there. Our non-conference schedule is brutal so we should be entering conference play with a losing record I assume. Hope not, but I don't know how we beat Duke, Oregon, AZ

Aren't we all too familiar with how not having a true PG will affect the Rebel basketball team? I mean we haven't had a true PG since the Kruger Era!
I think the kid who got booted for multiple DUIs was a true PG, his name is escaping me right now...
I guess he was a Kruger recruit too..... boy I need some of that coffee I was telling Rebtilldeath to take [jumpingsmile]

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT