ADVERTISEMENT

Championship Game

Thanks, I just saw that. I must have seen a version the updated records but not rankings

So through 3 polls with one remaining the averages are:

UNLV 45.7
BSu 54.3
SJSU 59.3

If this means anything

Reactions: goraphareb
Last week in the poll BSu was 71 and SJSU was 72. So SJSU would have to pass BSu by 20 positions to overtake them in the averages of the 4 polls

Unless it is completely rigged I don't see any other outcome than BSu @ UNLV.
BSu beat AF, maybe SJSU jumps BSu in the final Anderson and Hester poll but not by enough spots to over take them. With UNLV's loss I don't see them dropping so far down that either BSu or SJSU over take them in the average of the four polls.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Unless it is completely rigged I don't see any other outcome than BSu @ UNLV.
BSu beat AF, maybe SJSU jumps BSu in the final Anderson and Hester poll but not by enough spots to over take them. With UNLV's loss I don't see them dropping so far down that either BSu or SJSU over take them in the average of the four polls.
Agreed. And I'm not saying it's fair (I don't think it is) but by the rules, go to the computers and rankings, that's what the league chose. By that, it SHOULD be UNLV hosting BSU ... but, I mean, seriously ... do rules matter anymore?

Reactions: rebelzzz
We will know soon enough. I just need to figure out if I'm flying to Vegas for the Championship game or wait for the bowl game. Can't afford both. But, one of them for sure.
I hear ya- I got up early to find out if I needed to book a flight to Vegas or if I’m driving to San Jose. I should have stayed in bed and known the MWC would do something screwy.

The issue isn't if we are in... the issue is does Boise stay enough ahead of SJSU in last poll... if not, we have to go to SJSU
I understand that. With both SJSU and BSu winning this week, to me, it wouldn't make sense for SJSU to jump BSu by 15-20 spots (or whatever that number is) to jump BSu in the over all average of the four polls.

I understand that. With both SJSU and BSu winning this week, to me, it wouldn't make sense for SJSU to jump BSu by 15-20 spots (or whatever that number is) to jump BSu in the over all average of the four polls.
I think Boise is in a good position. They beat Hoser in their head to head. They had a higher SOS, they had a larger margin of victory in their final game than Hoser did and Bronco fans travel better than Cholo University does.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I hear ya- I got up early to find out if I needed to book a flight to Vegas or if I’m driving to San Jose. I should have stayed in bed and known the MWC would do something screwy.
It's absolute buffoonery. The fact that we couldn't even wake up excited and hold on to the little momentum we had from this magical season just shows what it's going to do for ticket sales. I can't even hold on to any excitement now. Forget travel plans now, I have things to do and want to get prepared for the work week. ... It's like the conference told us to 'hurry up and wait'. F*** that! 🤬

How does this relate to the regular season champion? Is it just considered a 3 way tie? Or does the computer determine the conference regular season champ? Or is this stuff just for the conference playoff game?

San Jose as of now is the best team in the conference. That slow start hurt. And us getting blasted by Michigan somehow helps. A good argument for scheduling a ranked team every year. Now let's get our first Boise win!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT