ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking Report - UNLV set to offer coach

I kind of convinced myself for a moment that Cronin would an "ok" hire, but i can't quite buy in. Frank Martin? Meh.

Kenny Payne? That's the kind of hire I want. I know he lacks head coaching experience, but I really think he would otherwise be an outstanding choice.

I kind of convinced myself for a moment that Cronin would an "ok" hire, but i can't quite buy in. Frank Martin? Meh.

Kenny Payne? That's the kind of hire I want. I know he lacks head coaching experience, but I really think he would otherwise be an outstanding choice.
Yea lets hire a first time coach.. Seriously how do people want that.

By the way, my source told me on the way to a shindig that TKM had a conversation with someone this morning. That someone could have been her husband, friend, or coworker but she definitely talked to someone. I will update you after my festivity with more breaking news...

Wait, I just got an update that TKM has eaten a meal today. You heard it here first. At least one meal was consumed. I'm assuming a total of three will be consumed and I will get you a calorie count after I entertain some esteemed colleagues.

You can understand the reluctance of hiring another first-time head coach? Ticket sales, which have decline steadily the last few seasons, would decline again. I would be willing to wager a decent bet that whomever gets hired - they will have previous D1 headh coaching experience.

By the way, my source told me on the way to a shindig that TKM had a conversation with someone this morning. That someone could have been her husband, friend, or coworker but she definitely talked to someone. I will update you after my festivity with more breaking news...

Wait, I just got an update that TKM has eaten a meal today. You heard it here first. At least one meal was consumed. I'm assuming a total of three will be consumed and I will get you a calorie count after I entertain some esteemed colleagues.

Damn it. What did she eat and where? Inquiring minds want to know.

You forgot to mention the "Remember I'm the one that dropped the story about something about someone that happened to come true, even though everyone already knew it before you dropped it, so you KNOW this has to be true as well" Line.

143490512.jpg

Totally....

Reactions: bcvegaspt
UPDATE

prospective coach effective few hrs ago have been meeting with folks from UNLV.
Source told me few supporters met with the coach all morning and afternoon and have returned home already.

I'm gonna be going to a gala later and will sure be discussing the search. Will udate as soon as I can.

Gala=Chilis

Serious- wanted to believe but the stuff lately is underwhelming and off the mark. I mean you never even mentioned Cronin as a possibility and he was very likely choice B all along.

You can understand the reluctance of hiring another first-time head coach? Ticket sales, which have decline steadily the last few seasons, would decline again. I would be willing to wager a decent bet that whomever gets hired - they will have previous D1 headh coaching experience.

I hear ya. It's a fair concern. My logic with it is as follows:

Pre Dave Rice we had a large sample to pull from in terms of how successful/unsuccessful first time head coaches are. At that time, it seemed as if a large majority were fine with the odds of success/no success of a first time head coach and opted to welcome in Dave Rice. Does only one more example of unsuccessful (Dave Rice) really shift the odds of being successful with a first time head coach? Not really. It's just that this most recent example was close to home.

Yea lets hire a first time coach.. Seriously how do people want that.

Worked out for Butler pretty well. Mid major back to back title game appearances. Now the guy is killing it in the NBA.

Thats just one example. Plenty of other success stories out there. Kevin Ollie seems to be doing ok at UConn.

Reactions: manic water
NO MARTIN> I'll be ****ing pissed if Martin is considered. He;s a ****ing monster and not in a good way

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT