ADVERTISEMENT

Breaking Report - UNLV set to offer coach

Rebel_Westgate

Walk On
Jan 9, 2016
I can confirm UNLV representatives met this evening and a great friend of mine (The same friend who informed me exactly what was happening with UNLV and Rice that I reported for you before you got the info from the department and media) informed me earlier of the great UNLV news that they might have a coach real soon.

Over the weekend big UNLV partners and supporters met with UNLV officials and again Monday to finalize the decision.

I have been told that UNLV could make the offer tomorrow or wednesday however I was informed that there has been an issue with getting certain people to meetings to wrap it up. They usually take 3-4 days like the case of the Football hire. There are many people away and that is tying up this deal.

I believe from talking to some people that there could still be some negotiating as I believe 2 or 3 of the representatives from UNLV are talking to the candidate again. Not sure what its about but possibly going over the details of the contract.

The decision was made after Pitino informed UNLV he wasn't not leaving UL so they went to coach #2. Been told by another source that the coach was very high on their list and was recommended by 3 people who happens to be a close friend of the coach.

I will be meeting with some friends that are involved tomorrow afternoon. I will update as news comes.

I find it a little odd that your "breaking news" happens shortly after all the rumors started about Cronin. I'm not saying that you're not legit.. its just.. questionable. It would be a different story if you broke this before everybody knew about Cronin.. just sayin'

Mitch Moss made a not so funny point about UNLV taking 72 days and counting to not hire a coach yet, meanwhile TCU filled their spot in five days.

Why don't they just offer Wright and Miller 5 mil, Pitino 6 mil and be done with it. First to accept wins... Wynn will pay, he owes us big time!

Reactions: ThailandReb
Mitch Moss made a not so funny point about UNLV taking 72 days and counting to not hire a coach yet, meanwhile TCU filled their spot in five days.

Why don't they just offer Wright and Miller 5 mil, Pitino 6 mil and be done with it. First to accept wins... Wynn will pay, he owes us big time!

I was worried about the ongoing and legendary incompetence of the UNLV "leadership" when this coaching search began. Let's just say my fears haven't subsided.

Reactions: the Florian Trout
I was worried about the ongoing and legendary incompetence of the UNLV "leadership" when this coaching search began. Let's just say my fears haven't subsided.
True dat. I'm worried what happens if they don't sign Cronin (if they really are honing in on him) and I'm worried if they do. 26-44 against top 25 teams does not excite me, especially for two and a half million.

True dat. I'm worried what happens if they don't sign Cronin (if they really are honing in on him) and I'm worried if they do. 26-44 against top 25 teams does not excite me, especially for two and a half million.

Dam... yeah that record certainly leaces a lot to be desired; i'm pretty sure Rice had a better record vs. Top 25 than that. I wonder how many of those losses were in his first 4 years rather than recently?

If I had a pick of any coach in the country, Cronin certainly wouldn't be my first choice. However of the names i'm hearing (not counting Pitino), he'd be the one i'd pick the most, and I genuinely believe he can be very successful here.

Get it done, UNLV!!!

Man, I just don't wanna be in the same spot five or six years from now. The years are starting to add up following this program flopping around like a fish out of water.

We'll have an NHL team in 18 months and if that's successful the NBA won't be too far away. UNLV's days of being the only game in town is almost over, if they don't get their sh/t together, Rebels basketball will end up sleeping under the bridge and eating out of trashcans.

Reactions: toonkee
They are reporting that they could pay him 3 million?!

Keep calm. Let the Mick flow through you. This guy is legit, I hope you guys realize how lucky we are to snag a coach like this.

I just hope it happens soon. REALLY annoying watching hires taking place and we are still sitting here wondering what the hell is going on.

Morning information.

Arrangements have changed due to coaching search. Though not sure if its directly responsible but i'm sure it is. Few people had to leave. Things are heating up Rebel fans!

The close friend that informed me about Rice firing that I reported to you all first told me early this morning that UNLV had 2 coaches still in mind and the package deal is the same. Everyone is on board and excited with either hire.

Morning information.

Arrangements have changed due to coaching search. Though not sure if its directly responsible but i'm sure it is. Few people had to leave. Things are heating up Rebel fans!

The close friend that informed me about Rice firing that I reported to you all first told me early this morning that UNLV had 2 coaches still in mind and the package deal is the same. Everyone is on board and excited with either hire.
What other coach besides Cronin?

Lol, my wife hates Frank Martin. She doesn't like the mean faces and the yelling he does. When I told her his name she said nooooooooo but right after that she said maybe that is what these guys need to get it in gear.

I think Martin makes 2.1 mill per yr, about the same as Cronin. I think both coaches would do good here but if i had my choice i would pick Martin! He has that strong personality that our players need!

Reactions: TomKingsley
Can we just go with Augmon with assistant head coach Ryan Miller for one season. See who is open next year.

Frank Martin is a lunatic. His sideline antics are abusive and embarrassing. It would be a sad day in Rebel land if that is where this search ends up!

Reactions: manic water
I will admit that he has had moments he probably would like to take back, but I believe in second chances. I would at least interview him (and then make a deal with the devil and hire him...)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT