ADVERTISEMENT

Barry Odom

At this point of the season - a lot left to go …. But he has to be in consideration for coach of the year nationally. Maybe not at the top of the list, but has to be in the discussion, no?
Makes you wonder what could have been if we made a solid veteran HC hire for basketball when Messup Jessup demanded we hire plan Z….Maaaaaarrrrvvveeelous.

George Karl
Stacey
John Welch
Cobi Karl

Wow

• Haha
Reactions: mwsn7022012
Makes you wonder what could have been if we made a solid veteran HC hire for basketball when Messup Jessup demanded we hire plan Z….Maaaaaarrrrvvveeelous.

George Karl
Stacey
John Welch
Cobi Karl

Wow
We’ve had blind idiots. I think Tina had a decent plan, but zero closing power. Her list was actually good and we ended up with somebody that we never thought possible.

The other AD, let’s not go there. Wasn’t good in the slightest, knew nothing of athletics …

We set basketball back over a decade …

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
At this point of the season - a lot left to go …. But he has to be in consideration for coach of the year nationally. Maybe not at the top of the list, but has to be in the discussion, no?
Another sting from the FSU giveaway.

I like the way Odom handled last week....No shoulda coulda woulda bus driving BS.....He has his players back....Funny I watched an interview with Sanford today at Faith....God bless him but we've came a long way....I like what we're doing it's going to be a tough month ahead....Can't wait we have some talent.....

Would need to go 11-1
Regardless, in terms of where we were (eyeball wise) to where we are, it’s pretty damn impressive. Oh, I’m sure Deion will get many based on his name. He may have adrenalized more because they have a history and a fanbase with expectations, but gonna have a hard time finding somebody with more on the field impact than Odom.

Regardless, in terms of where we were (eyeball wise) to where we are, it’s pretty damn impressive. Oh, I’m sure Deion will get many based on his name. He may have adrenalized more because they have a history and a fanbase with expectations, but gonna have a hard time finding somebody with more on the field impact than Odom.

I totally agree, but it will likely go to some P5 guy like dude at FSU or something.

Odom goes 11-1 or 10-2 he's got a shot.

Can't stand the drama...too damn much drama

So many people are concerned about larger programs poaching Coach Odom. Why would you want our coach to be proclaimed COY if that adds to his credentials?

So many people are concerned about larger programs poaching Coach Odom. Why would you want our coach to be proclaimed COY if that adds to his credentials?
I’m not looking this from a standpoint of what I want or don’t want, just from what I think is deserved.

Calhoun, at this point, has to be the league leader for COY in conference, imo. At this point. Part of me thinks whoever wins the AFA/UNLV game might win that award.

I don’t think we will keep Odom long, but I do not know his motivations at all. I’d like to get at least 3 out of him at UNLV.

I am disappointed with Pizzano only score 7 points last night

You'd rather trade touchdowns for FG's?
We have had some trouble settling for FGs in the past. Punching in those possessions into the end zone was actually very nice to see.
messing around ...@bull

And where would that leave UNLV?
He is just saying 'Bama as the pennacle of college FB. Nick Saban is a God there. If you truly want the be the messiah of college FB, be unbeatable at Notre Dame. Unlimited resources and unlimited potentials and expectations. I dont think Bill Belichick even enough for ND.

You have to look at the openings that will be there... I just don't see a P5 job that he's jumping to after 1 year in Vegas. It's not an automatic that a guy gets poached. Unless Arkansas opens I can't see him jumping this year to a former Pac 12 school or an ACC job. He's a Midwest guy, I don't expect him to be here forever, but I don't see a potential job opening that would make you want to leave Vegas.

He is just saying 'Bama as the pennacle of college FB. Nick Saban is a God there. If you truly want the be the messiah of college FB, be unbeatable at Notre Dame. Unlimited resources and unlimited potentials and expectations. I dont think Bill Belichick even enough for ND.
Thanks for the clarification. Sometimes I take things too literally.

I don’t think I remember a time where our special teams weren’t mediocre.

I’d argue special teams is what we’re best and most consistent at this year. Real 180 turn from our standard trend; and its nice that its not because our defense and offense are horrendous.

Odom won’t leave for a P5 rebuild this soon but if some dominos were to fall right and he were to leave, make Marion the head coach and keep the train rolling. P5 schools with OC openings are gonna be calling and rightfully so. Been a great coaching job by all up to this point.
Haven't you learned anything this year? You don't hire a first year OC simply because he was with the last guy. No, you keep it going by now having a very attractive opening for a proven HC. Being the HC is a whole different level of responsibility and tasks that OCs might not be cut out to do.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT