ADVERTISEMENT

Barry “ The Bull Rider” Odom, Going for 8 Seconds Tonight!

sean01rebels

6th man
Jan 21, 2021
Come Out to the SouthPoint Tonight! Let’s support our new favorite coach, Barry “Bull Rider” Odom. It’s a fundraiser for the Unlv Foundation. $150 includes food and beverages and meet the coach. I hope to see the people on Rebel Net there.

The problem is there is a basketball game tonight! Both events are relatively at the same time. Bull riding starts at around 6 pm with Odom riding at the intermission, and the basketball game is at 7 pm.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I know the timing was bad with the basketball game was a miss fire. I’m sure our boys will handle San Jose St just fine.
#weneedtokeepRickyWhite

I know the timing was bad with the basketball game was a miss fire. I’m sure our boys will handle San Jose St just fine.
#weneedtokeepRickyWhite
I noticed a post earlier this week that Ricky White III went into the portal, but the tweet that was attached to the post didn't show up on Rivals, and I have seen nothing else mentioned. Does anyone know what is going on in regards to the portal for White?

I'd like to go but I'm not missing the game. Whoever scheduled this misfired so bad they shot themselves.
I don't think it was anybody that is at fault. My expectation is that either the South Point arena or those involved in the Tuff Hedeman's Bull Riding Event had connections to coach Odom and made the offer to him to ride. They couldn't reschedule the bull riding event for the UNLV basketball game, and based on how recently they posted about Odom riding, they couldn't reschedule the basketball game. As a side point, the South Point arena is managed by Steve Stallworth who is a past UNLV QB who I know very well from when we went to school together.

P.S. I think Coach Odom is a little bit crazy, and that is a good thing!
High School Rodeo GIF by Professional Bull Riders (PBR)

Last edited:
Reactions: RebelScrub
I don't think it was anybody that is at fault. My expectation is that either the South Point arena or those involved in the Tuff Hedeman's Bull Riding Event had connections to coach Odom and made the offer to him to ride. They couldn't reschedule the bull riding event for the UNLV basketball game, and based on how recently they posted about Odom riding, they couldn't reschedule the basketball game. As a side point, the South Point arena is managed by Steve Stallworth who is a past UNLV QB who I know very well from when we went to school together.

P.S. I think Coach Odom is a little bit crazy, and that is a good thing!
High School Rodeo GIF by Professional Bull Riders (PBR)
Am I the only one concerned for Odom’s safety? Call me weak sauce if you want but I don’t want him to end up with some major injury.

I hope that the bull is on tranquilizers and wants to slowly walk around the arena.

I noticed a post earlier this week that Ricky White III went into the portal, but the tweet that was attached to the post didn't show up on Rivals, and I have seen nothing else mentioned. Does anyone know what is going on in regards to the portal for White?
It wasn't white. It was Jackson I think

He just said at practice yesterday he's happy here.

Damn coach took quite a shot. Take some massive onions to crawl on one of those beasts.
Looked like a seasoned bull too, right out of the gate the bull just dropped down and whipped back up. Odom got dropped. I don’t watch rodeo a lot but I was just watching Tom Green (podcast godfather and former mtv host) talking about his animals, his mules that he rides are extremely smart and know his moves before he makes them, because they can sense him on the saddle.

It’s a whole another conversation (animals and nature) but I guarantee you, that bull knew Odom was a rookie and had him pegged before that gate opened.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Channel 13 showed the UNLV women’s basketball highlights and the coach on the bull ride.

Huge f’n balls. Already a favorite coach.

They didn’t even bother showing UNLV men’s basketball highlights.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Looked like he got the wind knocked out of him and he stood up quick to appear that he was ok but then couldn’t get his breath. I thought he was gonna drop back to the dirt but he pulled thru. Tough MF’r. Love our coach. I can only imagine that makes the players want to run thru walls for him even more.

Reactions: Rebel1986
Looked like he got the wind knocked out of him and he stood up quick to appear that he was ok but then couldn’t get his breath. I thought he was gonna drop back to the dirt but he pulled thru. Tough MF’r. Love our coach. I can only imagine that makes the players want to run thru walls for him even more.
Look again. He got hit in the back

Reactions: ckfitz
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT