ADVERTISEMENT

Are we good

This is an example of Wackilove and Cerio posting something to rile people up and then everyone thinks we have a realistic shot at every player in the portal
Concur. But seems that his size/position we're pretty full in the rotation... Can he play the 5, probably, but concern would be how his size translates from Big Sky to the true natured center weve been looking for this transfer window... there have been a lot of big men who dominate low mid-majors then when they move up a relative weight class don't perform as highly...

I sure did 😂😂😂😂 @RRebel and if you want to know what my other account JohnJayhawk911 yeah I got 2 accounts and What??.I am from Kansas. A die hard Jayhawk fan and I yeah am a Jackie Supporter. Watched the kid all through high school. He gone surprise all y'all that's doubting him at the P.G. position

Last edited:
It’s clear he has some relationship with JJ3, all his posts are about him. For the record I actually don’t mind JJ3, I see his potential and I think he can provide a spark in game as long as his shot selection is improved. However he is not the answer at PG
Personally think if JJ3 wants to come on and defend his position through a burner account I'm all here for it... heck invite more players, we've got the tape, I'd love to hear the defense of it from them directly, lol...

That was two games. He didn't do much besides that, but he did look very improved in those games.

However, he should not be running the point for any team that wants to be successful. Gets killed on defense and isn't a great distributor.

He is not a great natural distributor. Practically a black hole early in the season.

But he did start to drive and kick a bit more by the end of the year.

Defensively we was improved as well. Sure he is short, but he moves his feet well and I saw him cut off penetration well with his feet.

I think he COULD be a pretty decent PG. He would have to work on some different parts of his games, but I see potential. Definitely more of a back up role at least next season.

He does have some talent and PG will allow him be a bit more effective on defense. Can't have too many scoring threats on the floor at once.

No indication of UNLV contacting Jones. But he illustrates that there are a lot of really good players that are overlooked in the high school recruiting process. Because there are talented players out there and you rarely see a 6'9' player with this type of handle.

Nope. That is not an indication of the competition. If he can do that against better competition he should be in the League.

So we need a PG and a C! I’m sure Kevin knows this and also knows his career is on the line here. The wings are a good start but by no means are enough, we are far from done and Kevin and Co. need to be working the phones for a PG and a C who can go with the wings and things we already have. Next year should be tournament or bust, with the NIT being worst case!

So we need a PG and a C! I’m sure Kevin knows this and also knows his career is on the line here. The wings are a good start but by no means are enough, we are far from done and Kevin and Co. need to be working the phones for a PG and a C who can go with the wings and things we already have. Next year should be tournament or bust, with the NIT being worst case!
Sad part is I'd take NIT because that would at least show progress...

I'm tired of getting pwned by Boise State and Fresno State. I could live with the bi-annual beating from SDSU - at least they are nationally relevant.

Boise State is my new most hated team of all time. 100% due to Leon Rice.

I'm tired of getting pwned by Boise State and Fresno State. I could live with the bi-annual beating from SDSU - at least they are nationally relevant.

Boise State is my new most hated team of all time. 100% due to Leon Rice.
I’d gladly take a split with Boise, SDSU and Utah St (when they’re at their normal level)

Getting swept by both SJSU and Fresno is unacceptable. The standard should be we sweep them every year.

This qoute from Hill tells me Kruger is working hard and diligently this year to get better players. Im thinking wether its Dedan or a transfer he has a plan and hopefully we have a new point guard soon that creates and passes the ball well! “As soon as I hit the portal, (UNLV coach Kevin Kruger) was the first coach to call me,” Hill said. “It went pretty quick.”

Reactions: LVRebel2000
This qoute from Hill tells me Kruger is working hard and diligently this year to get better players. Im thinking wether its Dedan or a transfer he has a plan and hopefully we have a new point guard soon that creates and passes the ball well! “As soon as I hit the portal, (UNLV coach Kevin Kruger) was the first coach to call me,” Hill said. “It went pretty quick.”
Hill was a must land imo. Vegas native, UNLV came in second the first time, and the Oklahoma-UNLV connection. He would have came here last year with Harkless too and our season would have looked a little different.

Hill was a must land imo. Vegas native, UNLV came in second the first time, and the Oklahoma-UNLV connection. He would have came here last year with Harkless too and our season would have looked a little different.
And I hope Hill and K. Boone are ready to rebound like hell.. of course they will need to more than they did in the past. Hopefully we can pick a up a big that can rebound well too

Karl Jones. KK must be seeing more in him than we did. Is there a possibility he breaks out this season? If not, what's up?

Reactions: Rebelhustle
Karl Jones. KK must be seeing more in him than we did. Is there a possibility he breaks out this season? If not, what's up?
Tbh I don't think so. He's not even a D1 player in my mind. Just didn't see much in him during his limited PT or in practice. Maybe I'm wrong.

Has the height and weight to really do well in the MWC but idk why it's not clicking. Seems like he's just a big body.

He really did seem to have the body of a 45 year old guy. Just old, sluggish and tired. As nice as a dude can be … he’s just a big body that can steal some minutes here and there in time of need.

Only saw him work a couple of times so maybe I’m off.

Tbh I don't think so. He's not even a D1 player in my mind. Just didn't see much in him during his limited PT or in practice. Maybe I'm wrong.

Has the height and weight to really do well in the MWC but idk why it's not clicking. Seems like he's just a big body.
Kk must have seen something in
him, but it looks like he will be keeping the bench warm. Royce Ham could rebound for not being so big. I never expected Mouka to score much, but at at least he could have rebounded better than he did. I have always liked the players who work hard to rebound and make it a priority. Hopefully one f the new players step up next season and get those rebounds

Reactions: RRebel
He really did seem to have the body of a 45 year old guy. Just old, sluggish and tired. As nice as a dude can be … he’s just a big body that can steal some minutes here and there in time of need.

Only saw him work a couple of times so maybe I’m off.
I watched his team games in Juco when we recruited him and he seemed slow and out of shape then. He did have a few good games with points and rebounds. I do think he was better shape and could at least run last year as a Rebel, but not good enough to get minutes

I watched his team games in Juco when we recruited him and he seemed slow and out of shape then. He did have a few good games with points and rebounds. I do think he was better shape and could at least run last year as a Rebel, but not good enough to get minutes
One good thing I’ll say about Jones is he’s aggressive on the offensive glass. If you gave Muoka his aggressiveness you’d create a pretty good player. Muoka has the build to be really good but he’s timid and has no hands.

I like that Kevin is working hard for a PG. We also need a C too, or we will be undersized in the paint, yet again. We have to be able to have a better than average 5 on this team, one who rebounds, blocks shots, has hands and makes FT’s above 70%!

Kalib is going to be the main center next year. I would love a back up center with everything you mentioned, but what center with that talent will come in knowing he will only get 10ish minutes a game? Brock would be great being able to tell him he has a year under Kalib then it is all his. But now a days kids are not willing to sit and wait. So yes I think we will end up with a good pg but I am very doubtful on a center that will make a difference

I hope you are wrong, Kalib is not a C, and neither is Cottrell. If we play an undersized C next year, you should just move on from this staff now, we already saw how that didn’t work last year and the year before with Hamm!

You know what would suck? If Brock ended up at a P5 school because they hired his dad to be a coach on that school's football team. I could totally see that happening in the slimy battle ground of college sports.

CKK and staff are now looking for centers and lead guards from the 2024 class to reclassify. Vice is still in play, but they are pressing for reclassification and mid year enrollees now. Wasn't an option before

CKK and staff are now looking for centers and lead guards from the 2024 class to reclassify. Vice is still in play, but they are pressing for reclassification and mid year enrollees now. Wasn't an option before
I would assume they are still looking at transfers too.

I hope you are wrong, Kalib is not a C, and neither is Cottrell. If we play an undersized C next year, you should just move on from this staff now, we already saw how that didn’t work last year and the year before with Hamm!
95% of team run without a true center. Most of the MW, and the ones that had true centers, were terrible and could not use that as an advantage.

There were a lot of teams advancing in the NCAAT this year that had them, so yes they sure did stand out.

Boise started 3 slow, unatheltic 6'7'" dudes last year and got an invite, just saying.

95% of team run without a true center. Most of the MW, and the ones that had true centers, were terrible and could not use that as an advantage.

There were a lot of teams advancing in the NCAAT this year that had them, so yes they sure did stand out.

Boise started 3 slow, unatheltic 6'7'" dudes last year and got an invite, just saying.
Excuse me if I don’t want to be built like Boise State. I stand on my opinion, we need to get a C!

I think so tbh

I've gotten clarification on the miscommunication.

Kalib was told he'd play the 4/5 but mostly at the 5. He accepted that. The holdup was with current players confused with the roles because Hill wasn't even factored in during whatever conversation they had that caused confusion. This obviously changes if we get a big man but AS OF TODAY, WE ARE NOT PUTTING A FULL PRESS ON ANY BIG MAN. We will be set after Vice commits. Kalib, Vice, Jones.

The role allocation will be Hill at the 4, Kalib at the 5, Keylan at the 2, and either Nowell or LuRod at the 3.

The issue was Kalib needed to be at the 5 or else that would be another body at the log jam.
Interesting so Cottrell comes off the bench. I wonder if he is ok with that?

This is spot on as well. How the hell do we go from having him on a secret unofficial and meeting the trifecta to not showing up to his AAU game? Especially when the competing teams don't have as much PT to offer. I doubt Dedan told the coaching staff straight up that he wasn't coming so this is disappointing.
And it's not like you have to get on a plane to see him. Have an assistant drive the 15 minutes to go watch his game.

I agree that another Big is needed for added depth. But UNLV defeated the No. 1 team in the country and made the ncaa’s with 6’9” center who had a 12 inch vertical in Brice Massamba. Kalib Boone is a big step up from Massamba and one of the most athletic Bigs in the country and has a legit low post-back to the basket game. Additionally, UNLV could potentially start a front line of 6’9” in Kalib Boone, 6’10” in Cottrell and 6’8” in Keylen Boone. I don’t see the issue there except for depth.

In one game he was bad, well that proves it, he can’t play here. C’mon every PG prospect we are looking at has bad tape, that’s why they are in the portal! The fact of the matter is, we need a PG and a C to go with these wings we signed or this season will be a huge waste of time. We have a short PG already in JJ, we don’t need another under 6’0“ guy with huge question marks, like 3pt and FT shooting!
How many of these small school bust pg's are we going to recruit before knowing it doesn't work?

I agree that another Big is needed for added depth. But UNLV defeated the No. 1 team in the country and made the ncaa’s with 6’9” center who had a 12 inch vertical in Brice Massamba. Kalib Boone is a big step up from Massamba and one of the most athletic Bigs in the country and has a legit low post-back to the basket game. Additionally, UNLV could potentially start a front line of 6’9” in Kalib Boone, 6’10” in Cottrell and 6’8” in Keylen Boone. I don’t see the issue there except for depth.
We played wide open, forced tempo, forced UNC to try and keep up with us, we had some shooters … we were essentially frenetic and widely spread the entire game and some guys were hot.

I’m not discounting either QT or Brice’s contributions, they did what they were supposed to do on that game.

But what stood out to me in that game more than anything - UNLV was the absolute aggressor and they didn’t let up. UNLV looked every part of the better team in that game, even though they weren’t. They weren’t scared at all. They were aggressively opportunistic and didn’t let up.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT