ADVERTISEMENT

Are we good

How the heck did Alabama get to be a BIG program in just a few years ????
Unrestrained MONEY$$$$, they can cheat without going through the trouble of hiding it!
The basketball program should thank the football program for bringing in all that cash! They sure didn't do it by nuturing a program with a steady hand the way Gonzaga, SDSU and even early 80s Duke did.

No one from UNLV is at Dedan's AAU game today. Meanwhile, UCLA, Bama, Arizona, and Gonzaga are all there.

Idk what CKK is doing but he or someone needs to be at every one of Dedan's games at this point.
I know what you’re saying but being his friend isn’t going to help now. Those schools will out NIL the beep out of us. Sure, he showed up to our campus last Sunday but then another P5 came in since they know he’s still looking for a home.

They make a ton of money from being a football power, and getting that SEC money. Great facilities and lots of money will turn things around quickly.
This is all true except for facilities. Their basketball venue sucks. It's a 55-year-old fieldhouse-type arena. They are working on a new place but I read $$ is an issue? Hard to believe for Alabama but football rules.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
No one from UNLV is at Dedan's AAU game today. Meanwhile, UCLA, Bama, Arizona, and Gonzaga are all there.

Idk what CKK is doing but he or someone needs to be at every one of Dedan's games at this point.
This is pure speculation and maybe a little out there, but if no one from UNLV attended his game than maybe we don't have a chance of getting him. I know Dedan is the PG we want but if he is not coming I hope they verify with him so they can get a decent PG from the transfer portal. This waiting game sucks

If nobody is at the kids AAU game, I think the handwriting is on the wall and we need to sign a PG NOW! Why wait and watch your 1a, 1b options go to other schools? Who are the PG choices out there for us Allen, Ruffin or someone from left field? Who knows but we need a PG for this team, sign Vice and a PG soon and fill out this roster. Dedan would be a great addition but nobody at his AAU game this late in the process, Stevie Wonder can see this one!

If nobody is at the kids AAU game, I think the handwriting is on the wall and we need to sign a PG NOW! Why wait and watch your 1a, 1b options go to other schools? Who are the PG choices out there for us Allen, Ruffin or someone from left field? Who knows but we need a PG for this team, sign Vice and a PG soon and fill out this roster. Dedan would be a great addition but nobody at his AAU game this late in the process, Stevie Wonder can see this one!
This is spot on. Clear as day.

kk should be at Dedan’s games regardless. With the portal if we don’t get him this year you are paying forward for another chance at him in the coming years. So tired with the lazy recruiting.
This is spot on as well. How the hell do we go from having him on a secret unofficial and meeting the trifecta to not showing up to his AAU game? Especially when the competing teams don't have as much PT to offer. I doubt Dedan told the coaching staff straight up that he wasn't coming so this is disappointing.

This is spot on as well. How the hell do we go from having him on a secret unofficial and meeting the trifecta to not showing up to his AAU game? Especially when the competing teams don't have as much PT to offer. I doubt Dedan told the coaching staff straight up that he wasn't coming so this is disappointing.
My guess and youre way more connected than the rest of us...

The NIL money wasnt there and the staff realized that and the discussions trickled off... Allows the staff to refocus efforts for other targets. Unfortunate truth but you never know...

My guess and youre way more connected than the rest of us...

The NIL money wasnt there and the staff realized that and the discussions trickled off... Allows the staff to refocus efforts for other targets. Unfortunate truth but you never know...
It is what it is!

UNLV knows that NIL is the name of the game and if you aren’t going to even try to come correct, then you get left behind!

It’s a brave new world out there and I know that back in the day LK didn’t play the AAU game and that was evident by how hard it was to recruit a PG and a big man for him here. Now we have Jr here and the question is, is he playing things the same way?

If you are not going to be able to pony up like the others, then play the game you can win. What I mean is, get guys other than Dedan Jr and don’t waste time. This is a colossal blunder on the staff’s part, trying to get a top notch guy with 3 magic beans when he’s looking for steak! Accept who you are and don’t waste time trying to be someone you aren’t.

Enter Allen, Ruffin or DJ Davis and call it good. Then he and the staff can get down to answering the real question, can this staff actually coach or will this year be a long wasted exercise in underachievement. If so, the AD will have to move on next year and many here will say, I told you so!

Last edited:
We got beat out by Jackson St.? That is bad.
Yeah beat out for a former McDonalds AA player. Wow what is this staff doing? No offense to Mississippi but where would a kid want to play more? Vegas in MW or Jackson. Unless Lobby tells me he was damaged goods I’m pissed now.

Yeah beat out for a former McDonalds AA player. Wow what is this staff doing? No offense to Mississippi but where would a kid want to play more? Vegas in MW or Jackson. Unless Lobby tells me he was damaged goods I’m pissed now.
Not damaged goods at all.

He's from Jackson, MS so I guess we can let this one go. But still...

Your wish may come true now! But if we whiff on this one, Idek what to say....
Lobbybuu, I have no stake in Allen but what I said about Kevin needing to be who he is and not try to be someone he’s not… well Kevin is Drake Allen, not Dedan Thomas! We don’t get those types, he should play to his strengths. Look at yourself in the mirror and quit wasting time and energy on the Cisse’s and the Thomas’s when you know you can’t or won’t play the game.

He’s probably still coming here and is just posting a high level offer but if Kevin somehow loses him idk what to say.

If Kevin misses out on Vice and a PG, he should be shown the door! I know we just got the Boone’s and Hill but what good are we without a real C and a true PG?!!
Hes a Kruger... playing with a undersized 5 and without a true PG in his blood...
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Lobbybuu, I have no stake in Allen but what I said about Kevin needing to be who he is and not try to be someone he’s not… well Kevin is Drake Allen, not Dedan Thomas! We don’t get those types, he should play to his strengths. Look at yourself in the mirror and quit wasting time and energy on the Cisse’s and the Thomas’s when you know you can’t or won’t play the game.
Totally understand you and what you're saying is valid. In hindsight, going after Cisse was dumb and may have caused us to miss out on whichever other C that had real interest.

No need to jump in the volcano yet. Last year we didn't get Harkless and Rodriguez until the last week of April, Cottrell the first week of May, and Nowell the third week of June. There are loads of players in the Portal and after seeing KK come up with the last three, I'm confident we will fill out the roster will good players. Then the important thing is will they jell?

No need to jump in the volcano yet. Last year we didn't get Harkless and Rodriguez until the last week of April, Cottrell the first week of May, and Nowell the third week of June. There are loads of players in the Portal and after seeing KK come up with the last three, I'm confident we will fill out the roster will good players. Then the important thing is will they jell?
No volcano’s but Kevin needs to be realistic! He’s got a guy coming in this weekend so let’s just see if he closes Vice and gets the roster one step closer to being done. And the other important thing is can he coach them!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT