ADVERTISEMENT

Are we good

@lobbybuu waddilove on twitter is claiming we landed Kalib. Is that true or is he talking out of his ass.
We landed him on Saturday night. The issue with everything was if he would follow through with it. There were issues about role allocation and miscommunication about that delayed everything.

Kalib has signed though but what Waddilove is saying is based on his own speculation, not because he saw or knew for sure.

If anyone anywhere is saying that they're breaking the news that Kalib just committed today, it's BS. They only found out today, which is very different.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Worded my question wrong. Is he going to follow through and have they worked out the miscommunication? Or are we going to be waiting for a little with him?

Worded my question wrong. Is he going to follow through and have they worked out the miscommunication? Or are we going to be waiting for a little with him?
They worked out the miscommunication about an hour ago.

A couple of current players thought he would be playing the 3/4 exclusively which would cut into their PT. That's where the miscommunication occurred. He will be playing the 4/5 with a lot of time coming at the 5.

Vice will be in the fold soon and that may be our rotation at the 5.

A couple of current players thought he would be playing the 3/4 exclusively which would cut into their PT. That's where the miscommunication occurred. He will be playing the 4/5 with a lot of time coming at the 5.

He just announced. No clue how there was a miscommunication he would’ve spent time at the 3. He’s definitely a 4/5

Now it's time to focus on the next big fish or 2... I vould be wrong but believe that video the Teams social media post had today features a certain recruit in the stands for a brief second... hint hints right?

He's going to take his decision to the wire.

I was wondering what the other players were thinking. Like Rodriguez, and Shane Nowell I'm sure they are concerned about playing time.

Just because I am curious, Vice visits this week, do you think he committs while on his visit?

Just because I am curious, Vice visits this week, do you think he committs while on his visit?
I think so tbh
I agree! The only thing I can think of is someone thought it would be the Boones and Cottrell playing at the same time.

Idk how it was relayed or Miscommunicated but that's what I was told.
I've gotten clarification on the miscommunication.

Kalib was told he'd play the 4/5 but mostly at the 5. He accepted that. The holdup was with current players confused with the roles because Hill wasn't even factored in during whatever conversation they had that caused confusion. This obviously changes if we get a big man but AS OF TODAY, WE ARE NOT PUTTING A FULL PRESS ON ANY BIG MAN. We will be set after Vice commits. Kalib, Vice, Jones.

The role allocation will be Hill at the 4, Kalib at the 5, Keylan at the 2, and either Nowell or LuRod at the 3.

The issue was Kalib needed to be at the 5 or else that would be another body at the log jam.

Last edited:
Reactions: RRebel
is this a 4th???? This was after posting about the other 3 i believe ???

I think so tbh

I've gotten clarification on the miscommunication.

Kalib was told he'd play the 4/5 but mostly at the 5. He accepted that. The holdup was with current players confused with the roles because Hill wasn't even factored in during whatever conversation they had that caused confusion. This obviously changes if we get a big man but AS OF TODAY, WE ARE NOT PUTTING A FULL PRESS ON ANY BIG MAN. We will be set after Vice commits. Kalib, Vice, Jones.

The role allocation will be Hill at the 4, Kalib at the 5, Keylan at the 2, and either Nowell or LuRod at the 3.

The issue was Kalib needed to be at the 5 or else that would be another body at the log jam.
So are they not expecting Cottrell to be healthy this season? A couple weeks back he was STILL in cast and push scooter. Lobby can you comment?

If CKK can get a kid like Vice who's a talented big who just needs a little more development then I'd be ok with losing out on Kalib. Hill is definitely big enough to play the 4. He'd be an upgrade over Iwuakor in terms of basketball IQ I think. But yeah we need a distributor.
Vice even a question? His Pop is the coach for the football team. He will be a 2 sports player, IMO

So are they not expecting Cottrell to be healthy this season? A couple weeks back he was STILL in cast and push scooter. Lobby can you comment?
He'll be back by seasons start, but who knows how someone will play after an injury like that?

I don't want to say that Hill was an insurance policy because he definitely isn't. He will be a factor! And the reason why this went over so smoothly is because Isaiah and Jalen are great friends. Isaiah knows that he is still coming back from injury and it's easier to "defer" to someone on the team that is actually your friend. They both do not have an issue and id love to see them on the court together eventually.

He'll be back by seasons start, but who knows how someone will play after an injury like that?

I don't want to say that Hill was an insurance policy because he definitely isn't. He will be a factor! And the reason why this went over so smoothly is because Isaiah and Jalen are great friends. Isaiah knows that he is still coming back from injury and it's easier to "defer" to someone on the team that is actually your friend. They both do not have an issue and id love to see them on the court together eventually.
Thanks for the update. A healthy Cottrell would be a big addition. Essentially an extra top recruit when compared to last years squad.

It’s nearly impossible to return to pre-injury form after an Achilles tear. If he could play 10-15 productive minutes at the 4/5 spots, that would be a victory.

It’s nearly impossible to return to pre-injury form after an Achilles tear. If he could play 10-15 productive minutes at the 4/5 spots, that would be a victory.
In general I would agree with you, but he did already play an entire season, mostly starting, after the Achilles tear. And that first year is usually the tough one.
This injury is a fracture and not related ( in fact it may be on the other foot).

Still tough being out of action as long as he did this past year. And the fact that he rehabbed just to play 10 minutes against a scrub team just to go back to non weight bearing causes some extra concern. But I'm sure they are being extra conservative now given that history, with extra time in the boot.

In general I would agree with you, but he did already play an entire season, mostly starting after the Achilles tear. And that first year is usually the tough one.
This injury is a fracture and not related ( in fact it may be on the other foot).

Still tough being out of action as long as he did this past year. And the fact that he rehabbed just to play 10 minutes against a scrub team just to go back to non weight bearing causes some extra concern. But I'm sure they are being extra conservative now given that history, with extra time in the boot.
I hope he can contribute to the team this year. Oh wait he already did! Kalib, Keylan and Jalen!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT