Votes: 29 35.4%
  • 4-8

Votes: 8 9.8%
  • 3-9

Votes: 1 1.2%
  • 2-10

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters
offense needs to get better. especially the passing game. if they do, Boise could be the only loss the rest of the way

i voted 5-7 but if they keep winning i could see us going 6-6 or 5-7 if decker is healthy they should beat SJSU and Fresno state that would put us 4-3 heading to bosie.

RealtimeRPI.com Predicts the following:

10-10 San Jose St. 24-25 L
10-16 at Fresno St. 25-32 L
10-31 Boise St. 23-41 L
11-07 Hawaii 30-22 W
11-14 at Colorado St. 21-41 L
11-21 S. Diego St. 21-25 L
11-28 at Wyoming 29-28 W
GAMER Projected Record: 4-8

Interesting two losses are predicted within 4 points.
I know that this is all based on stats and numbers, and it's kind of hard to "dispute" any of these, but I don't put any weight into rpi's projections. Look at CSU game, for example. A 41-21 loss? CSU hasn't put up more than 40 except against Savannah State. We haven't given up 40 points all year.... What gives?

Reactions: bornreb89
I went with 5-7, but could see things going as well as 7-5. Next week has let down written all over it, another test for Sanchez. Hawaii and Wyoming are the two must haves the rest of the way.

However, if they survive next week, I will revise this to 7-5, and very likely an appearance in the conference championship game.

RPI does not account for emotion and "want to". Coach Sanchez has this team believing that they can beat any team that lines up against them on the field. He is not satisfied with moral victories and neither is the team. I am sure Real Time RPI had us losing to unr yesterday also. All I know is this team is playing with intensity, emotion and running around like their hair is on fire; just as Sanchez desires. I'm predicting 7-5 or 8-4 with a loss to BSU and a toss-up at CSU. I am also predicting that our Rebels finish 1st in the west AND beats bsu in the championship game. Pretty bold and maybe even wishful thinking? Yes, but I believe in Sanchez and the confidence that this team will continue to grow in...

Reactions: RebelBuzz
Kind of crazy. Thus far, the votes are 20/20 whether we're bowl eligible.

I went with 5-7, but could see things going as well as 7-5. Next week has let down written all over it, another test for Sanchez. Hawaii and Wyoming are the two must haves the rest of the way.

I don't know about a let down spot here. I think and hope that SBS is gonna have a nice crowd, and the team will feed off that. The city is buzzing after the win at UNR. Between putting up 80 points 2 weeks ago, winning the biggest game on the road in Reno, I think people are gonna be intrigued about what's going on at UNLV and will support.

And along with that, Sanchez doesn't seem to have any problem getting the guys to be ready to go every Saturday.

Odd as this may sound I think the SJSU game is the most pivotal game of the season. Winning three straight and getting to .500 plus 2-0 in conference may be even more important than the Reno win. I know Reno is the rivalry game and everything that comes with that. But a win over SJSU in some ways legitimizes the Reno win washing away any possible talk of a fluke etc. If the Rebels were to lose this game all the excitement with the casual fan would probably turn into 'same old Rebels' sentiment. A win though could mean an extra 3-5k fans for the Boise game creating an actual homefield atmosphere. It will keep the student body engaged as well.

If the Rebels beat San Jose I think they get to a bowl this year. I never thought that was possible at the start of the season.

Reactions: 1rebelfan1
RealtimeRPI.com Predicts the following:

10-10 San Jose St. 24-25 L
10-16 at Fresno St. 25-32 L
10-31 Boise St. 23-41 L
11-07 Hawaii 30-22 W
11-14 at Colorado St. 21-41 L
11-21 S. Diego St. 21-25 L
11-28 at Wyoming 29-28 W
GAMER Projected Record: 4-8

Interesting two losses are predicted within 4 points.
Basing this on Decker being healthy.

Vs San Jose State W 28-27. I actually think outside of Boise and possibly CSU this is toughest game remaining.

Vs Fresno State W 28-20. Bulldogs a real mess this year. There was a time when they were really tough at home and I wouldn't have given Rebs a shot. Not so much anymore.

Vs Boise State L 31-17
Bronco defense is very good. I think Rebs hang tough until mid 3rd quarter. Two late scores make final score look worse than play of the game.

Vs Hawaii W 35-21. Hate to say it but by the time this game gets here Hawaii may have cashed it in. Between tough schedule, brutal travel, and poor results on the field Norm Chow may lose this team soon.

Vs Colorado State L 27-10 Rams not as good as last year but still a little ahead of UNLV in overall talent. Add in potentially poor weather and it results in only bad loss for Rebels in second half of season

Vs San Diego State L 27-24
Aztecs get late score to put UNLV bowl hopes in serious jeopardy.

Vs Wyoming W 17-13
Weather again plays a role but Rebels win ugly affair to get to 6-6 and bowl eligibility.

I say 5-7. I couldn't predict any games, but know this- if the Rebels run the ball well and stop the run, the ceiling is 8 wins, regardless of QB play.

Odd as this may sound I think the SJSU game is the most pivotal game of the season. Winning three straight and getting to .500 plus 2-0 in conference may be even more important than the Reno win. I know Reno is the rivalry game and everything that comes with that. But a win over SJSU in some ways legitimizes the Reno win washing away any possible talk of a fluke etc. If the Rebels were to lose this game all the excitement with the casual fan would probably turn into 'same old Rebels' sentiment. A win though could mean an extra 3-5k fans for the Boise game creating an actual homefield atmosphere. It will keep the student body engaged as well.

If the Rebels beat San Jose I think they get to a bowl this year. I never thought that was possible at the start of the season.
Agree wholeheartedly with your comments. With the win at unr, sjsu does become that pivotal game for a winning season. I am so looking forward to Saturday and the team being .500.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Basing this on Decker being healthy.

Vs San Jose State W 28-27. I actually think outside of Boise and possibly CSU this is toughest game remaining.

Vs Fresno State W 28-20. Bulldogs a real mess this year. There was a time when they were really tough at home and I wouldn't have given Rebs a shot. Not so much anymore.

Vs Boise State L 31-17
Bronco defense is very good. I think Rebs hang tough until mid 3rd quarter. Two late scores make final score look worse than play of the game.

Vs Hawaii W 35-21. Hate to say it but by the time this game gets here Hawaii may have cashed it in. Between tough schedule, brutal travel, and poor results on the field Norm Chow may lose this team soon.

Vs Colorado State L 27-10 Rams not as good as last year but still a little ahead of UNLV in overall talent. Add in potentially poor weather and it results in only bad loss for Rebels in second half of season

Vs San Diego State L 27-24
Aztecs get late score to put UNLV bowl hopes in serious jeopardy.

Vs Wyoming W 17-13
Weather again plays a role but Rebels win ugly affair to get to 6-6 and bowl eligibility.
Those are the exact W's and L's I was going with as I read this thread.

Those are the exact W's and L's I was going with as I read this thread.
Trying to be as realistic as possible, so with Decker being out I would probably switch my prediction to San Jose State by a similar score. I think Palandech will play better than many expect but it might not be enough.

The SJSU game is key to making it to 6-6. Win that and I think Rebs can go 3-3 for the final 6 games.

I don't know about a let down spot here. I think and hope that SBS is gonna have a nice crowd, and the team will feed off that. The city is buzzing after the win at UNR. Between putting up 80 points 2 weeks ago, winning the biggest game on the road in Reno, I think people are gonna be intrigued about what's going on at UNLV and will support.

And along with that, Sanchez doesn't seem to have any problem getting the guys to be ready to go every Saturday.

I like the fact Sanchez had the team practicing and preparing on Sunday night; about 24 hours after wining the cannon back. I can see how this could be a letdown game, but these players are hungry to win.

Last edited:
Yeah I like the new practice schedule from this staff. Always a night workout on Sunday after the games to go over details of the last game and move onto the next opponent. Mondays are off and practices during the week are in the morning so the guys can focus on class all day.

Seems to have a good effect on what we are seeing on the field so far.

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT