ADVERTISEMENT

Allegiant Stadium 100-level seating

LocoRebel

Retired Number
Apr 7, 2011
Don't know why I didn't do this sooner.

ChatGPT:

As of my last knowledge update in September 2021, Allegiant Stadium, located in Las Vegas, Nevada, has approximately 26,000 seats in the 100 level. Please note that stadium configurations and seating capacities may change, so I recommend checking the official Allegiant Stadium website or contacting the stadium directly for the most up-to-date information on seating capacity.

Hate to admit this but I'm using a little chunk of my Sunday late morning to manually check this number... sections 101-112 total to 7192 by my count. Still working on the other half of the home side... I know won't be exactly 1 to 1, but I imagine it'll be close on the opposite side. Gonna look at the mirrored areas for configuration differences...

If 26k is in the ballpark, I'd estimate we were right around a legit 25k yesterday?

ChatGPT:

Hate to admit this but I'm using a little chunk of my Sunday late morning to manually check this number... sections 101-112 total to 7192 by my count. Still working on the other half of the home side... I know won't be exactly 1 to 1, but I imagine it'll be close on the opposite side. Gonna look at the mirrored areas for configuration differences...

If 26k is in the ballpark, I'd estimate we were right around a legit 25k yesterday?
I thought I saw a small group of people on the 50 yd line in the second level, also?

I thought I saw a small group of people on the 50 yd line in the second level, also?
That may be - I'll take a look at the tickets UNLV puts out through unlvtickets.com and see if anything should be added... but as a rough number when we see "ah 75% full lower bowl" finally have a starting point for that of 26k is nice 😁

That may be - I'll take a look at the tickets UNLV puts out through unlvtickets.com and see if anything should be added... but as a rough number when we see "ah 75% full lower bowl" finally have a starting point for that of 26k is nice 😁

This leads me to a question..

What do you think max potential for a UNLV football game is? Exclude any big time potential P5 schools coming. Like a Wisconsin scenario where they bring like 15k.

35k? 45k? If Rebs are winning 8, 9 even 10 games a year?

Reactions: 220reb
Alright new "estimated calculation" here... sections 102-121 by my count (very likely imperfect) is 11,903 seats. 122, 123, and 124 are the sections that are pushed in and not accessible along the end zone opposite the torch, so I didnt include them. If we double the number to mirror, that's 23,806 seats. Add back in section 101 (excluded earlier because it's the center end zone. So flipped to opposing side would unnecessarily double) puts that at 24,470 lower level seats.

The student section has seats that sit over that pushed in end zone seating opposite the torch, but I dont know how many or where those exactly start. Estimating based on the top level of the 122-124 its probably like 3 sections of 8 rows. Each row maybe has 25 seats. 600 seats there, but unsure how those get accounted for.

25,470 available seats, including student section and not subtracting band and cheer, sounds about right to me.

There's also LOGE east on the Unlvtickets site, but im not really sure what those are (don't get to seating selection).

This leads me to a question..

What do you think max potential for a UNLV football game is? Exclude any big time potential P5 schools coming. Like a Wisconsin scenario where they bring like 15k.

35k? 45k? If Rebs are winning 8, 9 even 10 games a year?
Honestly I think the max is higher than that. ESPN lists attendance for UNLV vs Iowa State from 2021 as 35k. That was the only UNLV game I have missed at Allegiant (obviously 2020 aside), so I have no idea how it actually looked. But that was #14 Iowa State.

Hypothetically, UNLV finishes with losses against #2 Michigan, (my guess) #17 Fresno State, (also my guess) #20 Air Force, and possibly "receiving votes" Wyoming and is 8-4. At that point...

Fresno is Big Bowl bound. Air Force is the next selected, then either Wyoming or UNLV - I'd guess UNLV would be preferred in LA (vs Pac 12) or Hawaii (vs American). Depending on how things shake out, maybe the Frisco bowl (vs American) is in play.

Win a bowl game vs SMU or Memphis? (Likely) Loss in a bowl vs top 20 Wazzu?

UNLV opens at Houston. Big 12 win?
Vs UTU (that won't be the peak)
At Kansas. Another big 12 win?
Army

Depending on the scheduling, if Reno was the home conference opener in the scenario I drew out here, I legit could see 35-40k for a conference game.

If they had UCLA or USC to open off a bowl win instead of what they do have, I think there could be 50k in play.

Is that a stretch??

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Honestly I think the max is higher than that. ESPN lists attendance for UNLV vs Iowa State from 2021 as 35k. That was the only UNLV game I have missed at Allegiant (obviously 2020 aside), so I have no idea how it actually looked. But that was #14 Iowa State.

Hypothetically, UNLV finishes with losses against #2 Michigan, (my guess) #17 Fresno State, (also my guess) #20 Air Force, and possibly "receiving votes" Wyoming and is 8-4. At that point...

Fresno is Big Bowl bound. Air Force is the next selected, then either Wyoming or UNLV - I'd guess UNLV would be preferred in LA (vs Pac 12) or Hawaii (vs American). Depending on how things shake out, maybe the Frisco bowl (vs American) is in play.

Army

Depending on the scheduling, if Reno was the home conference opener in the scenario I drew out here, I legit could see 35-40k for a conference game.

If they had UCLA or USC to open off a bowl win instead of what they do have, I think there could be 50k in play.

Is that a stretch??

I'm really not sure to be honest.

50k seems high but I'd love to see it.

Army

Is that a stretch??
I think that stretched tighter than a frog's butt. One game at a time, Loco. We dont even have a consistent passing game yet. Eeeeeasy....

I think that stretched tighter than a frog's butt. One game at a time, Loco. We dont even have a consistent passing game yet. Eeeeeasy....
Hahaha!! Way to crush my optimism 🤣

I mean, ya know... if that scenario happens, I could see the interest being there... but if eligible, bowl selection and performance is important, then I would expect roster improvements to generate some interest as well.

Thats my hopefulness + assumption that if USC is top 10, they will travel to LV in higher than usual numbers 😬

I probably worded my question poorly.

What do you think is a realistic attendance number excluding big P5 games..

Can Rebs consistently draw 30k-35k for conference games if they are putting a consistently good product on the field?

Two weeks before the next Rebel game. 😩 I might join you in counting Allegiant Stadium seats!!

• Haha
Reactions: LocoRebel
I probably worded my question poorly.

What do you think is a realistic attendance number excluding big P5 games..

Can Rebs consistently draw 30k-35k for conference games if they are putting a consistently good product on the field?
Ohhh

I really so think getting to a regular 30k is feasible, 8-4 2023 campaign and then hot start in 2024. Biggest concern is sustainability depending on how many coaches leave if offers are coming.

In this conference, I dont think aside from specific situations, UNLV will regularly be able to get to 35k. Just not enough interest in teams like UNM, USU, SJSU, etc even if our team is good.

Peaking around 40k with reno when we are good does seem doable to me.

Ohhh

I really so think getting to a regular 30k is feasible, 8-4 2023 campaign and then hot start in 2024. Biggest concern is sustainability depending on how many coaches leave if offers are coming.

In this conference, I dont think aside from specific situations, UNLV will regularly be able to get to 35k. Just not enough interest in teams like UNM, USU, SJSU, etc even if our team is good.

Peaking around 40k with reno when we are good does seem doable to me.

Sounds about right to me.

ChatGPT:

This was a great idea.

Reactions: LocoRebel
I believe, with a couple of years of success, we'll see 35000+ for a couple of games during a year we are on a role and a good team is playing us. Unless we get into a power conference I find 50,000 or higher hard to believe. It will be interesting to see how they approach upper level seating if we bust out of the lower bowl.

The available seating for Level 200 is all pretty much endzone seating. The 300 level seating provides seats all the way around the stadium. I, for one, don't like to watch a football game from the endzone and I can't believe I'm the only one. If they have to go up I'd like to see them open the 300 seats as soon as possible to make the 50 yard-line seating available.

I believe, with a couple of years of success, we'll see 35000+ for a couple of games during a year we are on a role and a good team is playing us. Unless we get into a power conference I find 50,000 or higher hard to believe. It will be interesting to see how they approach upper level seating if we bust out of the lower bowl.

The available seating for Level 200 is all pretty much endzone seating. The 300 level seating provides seats all the way around the stadium. I, for one, don't like to watch a football game from the endzone and I can't believe I'm the only one. If they have to go up I'd like to see them open the 300 seats as soon as possible to make the 50 yard-line seating available.

Funny my seats have been endzone forever.

I get why some people hate it. Down and distance on plays less than 10 yards can be hard to judge. Was it no gain, 3 yards, 5 yards etc.

On the flipside I think it gives a great perspective on how plays developed. A birds eye view (Assuming you're up a few rows) of what the QB is seeing.

Been sitting there for so long hard for me to watch any other way.

In fact my Knights season tix are behind the goal as well for the same reason.

Funny my seats have been endzone forever.

I get why some people hate it. Down and distance on plays less than 10 yards can be hard to judge. Was it no gain, 3 yards, 5 yards etc.

On the flipside I think it gives a great perspective on how plays developed. A birds eye view (Assuming you're up a few rows) of what the QB is seeing.

Been sitting there for so long hard for me to watch any other way.

In fact my Knights season tix are behind the goal as well for the same reason.
That’s because you analyze.

From a pure spectator standpoint, the sides are better. Hoops and football. If you want the nuts and bolts of it, the ends are much better.

So go with the corner :)

Reactions: Bullmastiff 1
Those people are in the suites above the 100 level, I saw 5-10 suites had people in them. Also, that 26k is probably with all the seats in the south end zone installed, obviously for the Rebels those seats aren’t there, so probably 1-2k are missing for rebel games.

Not sure how many seats are in the lower section, but I would expect the section of seats that are not installed where the field is brought in to the stadium seats 2-4K.

I think reasonably our ceiling in that facility will be a little higher than at Sam Boyd. If we're throwing out those P5 teams that travel well, I think our biggest regular season crowds this millennium were under JRob, and we really only crossed the 30K mark against UNR and BYU in conference games and non-P5 nonconference games. but we were much closer to 22-25k in those seasons for those games.

I figure with the location advantage and the NFL amenities Allegiant offers, our baseline if we can field a consistently competitive program is probably in the 27-35 range. If we can build something that looks more like a Boise State or Fresno State program where you're getting NFL talent and are in the top 25 annually then your number will jump a little higher, 30-40k depending on the opponent

But imagining that much consistent success makes it sound like I started drinking today. I'm starting to believe that maybe Barry Odom can get us close to there, but the P5 schools needing a rebuild will start beating down his door if he can get UNLV to that point. It takes a lot of luck and good ADs to keep a program with a G5 budget nationally relevant. I don't want to put the cart before the horse.

I think reasonably our ceiling in that facility will be a little higher than at Sam Boyd. If we're throwing out those P5 teams that travel well, I think our biggest regular season crowds this millennium were under JRob, and we really only crossed the 30K mark against UNR and BYU in conference games and non-P5 nonconference games. but we were much closer to 22-25k in those seasons for those games.

I figure with the location advantage and the NFL amenities Allegiant offers, our baseline if we can field a consistently competitive program is probably in the 27-35 range. If we can build something that looks more like a Boise State or Fresno State program where you're getting NFL talent and are in the top 25 annually then your number will jump a little higher, 30-40k depending on the opponent

But imagining that much consistent success makes it sound like I started drinking today. I'm starting to believe that maybe Barry Odom can get us close to there, but the P5 schools needing a rebuild will start beating down his door if he can get UNLV to that point. It takes a lot of luck and good ADs to keep a program with a G5 budget nationally relevant. I don't want to put the cart before the horse.
If Odom gets poached it will be because we finally are having some sort of success that we have all dreamed about. G5 in a stepping stone for most coaches. Odom is still young and probably would love to get back to P5 coaching. The good news is that it is much easier to take over a successful program than a losing one. Boise has been able to stay pretty relevant under some different coaches. Fresno, similar thing.
Odom brought in a lot of dudes this past season, but many of the key players are left over from Arroyo. Arroyo didn't get it done, but he was close and recruited pretty well.

If Odom gets poached it will be because we finally are having some sort of success that we have all dreamed about. G5 in a stepping stone for most coaches. Odom is still young and probably would love to get back to P5 coaching. The good news is that it is much easier to take over a successful program than a losing one. Boise has been able to stay pretty relevant under some different coaches. Fresno, similar thing.
Biggest concern for me is if Odom is poached too soon, there isn't another really solid (or at least obvious) candidate to takeover as HC within the program. And I'm not sure if 2 or 3 seasons is enough to really establish "we are a good G5 program" rather than "we are a bad g5 program who had a good coach".

But if they extend/raise him after this season (cart before the horse, I know), at least any poaching would also mean money incoming. And Arroyo's 75% buyout would likely be completed by then either because he has a new job or his contract will have been completed.

Are there any obvious external candidates who we think would be worth looking at and would consider UNLV?

Reactions: Couev
Biggest concern for me is if Odom is poached too soon, there isn't another really solid (or at least obvious) candidate to takeover as HC within the program. And I'm not sure if 2 or 3 seasons is enough to really establish "we are a good G5 program" rather than "we are a bad g5 program who had a good coach".

But if they extend/raise him after this season (cart before the horse, I know), at least any poaching would also mean money incoming. And Arroyo's 75% buyout would likely be completed by then either because he has a new job or his contract will have been completed.

Are there any obvious external candidates who we think would be worth looking at and would consider UNLV?
I think it would take someone pretty desperate to poach Odom way too soon. Typically it takes sustained success at a school for coaches to be picked up like that.

Odom has a successful enough track record at Missouri which could speed that up. More of a known commodity. But barring a MW championship in this year or next, I don't see him being poached that quickly.

But if that were to happen, going to an assistant works. Marion makes some sense here. Even if he left after this season, depending on the job he takes. But I think he would come back if it were an upgrade.

Other than that, it is hard to say. The coaching environment changes quite a bit year to year, so it would be hard to say.

@LocoRebel is sort of reading my headspace pretty well.

First of all, if Odom gets poached, it can only mean relatively good things for where the program is at in the moment, but it doesn't speak to the consistency of the program. It is easier to take over a good program, but as we know from basketball there are no guarantees even if you're coming form a position of relative doimance for 25 years.

I used Fresno and Boise as a program ideal for a reason. Fresno State for example had Jim Sweeney who had the program from 80-96 and had a .655 winning percentage, There was 3 seasons under Padilla where they were terrible and then he was followed by Pat Hill who had a really strong 14 year run with a .583 winning percentage. DeRuyter went .500 over 4 seasons and was then replaced by Tedford, who 'retired' for Kalen DeBoer who go poached by UW and came back, and both of those guys were .667 guys over their stints. That's 40 years of solid program and coaches. Since UNLV has been FBS, Fresno State has 1 more losing season than we've had .500+ seasons.

Boise is another program that's been so consistently good that it would take us decades to reach their program stability. They've been playing football since 1968, they only have 2 non-interim coaches who finished under .600 for their career at Boise State and one of them was Houston Nutt who got poached by Arkansas after one sub .500 season. Since Boise State went division one in 96 they have 2 losing seasons...their first two after leaving FCS.

I'm not scared about Odom being poached, I hope he puts that kind of success in, but I am nervous about what comes after that, because 3-4 seasons of winning don't necessarily turn around a program, especially at a G5 school. Showing that you CAN win here is super important for the coaching graveyard that UNLV football has been, but a few years doesn't remove the albatross from our necks imho.

@LocoRebel is sort of reading my headspace pretty well.

First of all, if Odom gets poached, it can only mean relatively good things for where the program is at in the moment, but it doesn't speak to the consistency of the program. It is easier to take over a good program, but as we know from basketball there are no guarantees even if you're coming form a position of relative doimance for 25 years.

I used Fresno and Boise as a program ideal for a reason. Fresno State for example had Jim Sweeney who had the program from 80-96 and had a .655 winning percentage, There was 3 seasons under Padilla where they were terrible and then he was followed by Pat Hill who had a really strong 14 year run with a .583 winning percentage. DeRuyter went .500 over 4 seasons and was then replaced by Tedford, who 'retired' for Kalen DeBoer who go poached by UW and came back, and both of those guys were .667 guys over their stints. That's 40 years of solid program and coaches. Since UNLV has been FBS, Fresno State has 1 more losing season than we've had .500+ seasons.

Boise is another program that's been so consistently good that it would take us decades to reach their program stability. They've been playing football since 1968, they only have 2 non-interim coaches who finished under .600 for their career at Boise State and one of them was Houston Nutt who got poached by Arkansas after one sub .500 season. Since Boise State went division one in 96 they have 2 losing seasons...their first two after leaving FCS.

I'm not scared about Odom being poached, I hope he puts that kind of success in, but I am nervous about what comes after that, because 3-4 seasons of winning don't necessarily turn around a program, especially at a G5 school. Showing that you CAN win here is super important for the coaching graveyard that UNLV football has been, but a few years doesn't remove the albatross from our necks imho.
Agreed, but as you said, showing that you can win at UNLV is huge. Not just for the university and the city, but also for potential coaching candidates in the future. Don't be afraid to come to UNLV and have it end your coaching career.

Remember, last season, a lot of people were starting to talk about Arroyo getting poached too. So let's wait and see how things go for the remainder of the season.

I think it would take someone pretty desperate to poach Odom way too soon. Typically it takes sustained success at a school for coaches to be picked up like that.

Odom has a successful enough track record at Missouri which could speed that up. More of a known commodity. But barring a MW championship in this year or next, I don't see him being poached that quickly.

But if that were to happen, going to an assistant works. Marion makes some sense here. Even if he left after this season, depending on the job he takes. But I think he would come back if it were an upgrade.

Other than that, it is hard to say. The coaching environment changes quite a bit year to year, so it would be hard to say.
Even if UNLV plays out of their minds and only loses 2 the rest of the way, I don't think you'd see him poached. Put together a solid year in the next year, then I think you'd see something happen - depending on the rest of the national landscape. You don't take one of the worst 10 CFB programs of all time and show sustained success without getting some heavy eyes from the outside.

Also, it depends who comes calling. If it's P5, there's not much UNLV can do about it. If a P5 were to circle Odom as the guy they want, it's an excercise in futility to go toe to toe with compensation. Sure, you offer what you can to keep but that amount is what a P5 spends on the training table for the course of the season. Not really, but you get my drift.

But "oh, this is Las Vegas, there's money around, maybe some big type donor or casino will step up in a T Boone sort of way and help us keep him". Yeah ... I've heard that for 30 years. They aren't parting with money to help UNLV. When it does happen, it'll be the first time it's happened so I wouldn't hold your breath. (Not directed at you dcut).

We've hired on the cheap to get people that aren't quite qualified for this job in particular and it ends in firings. The only time it didn't happen was when we hired a guy with real D1 experience. I'd rather have success and a poaching than losing and firings.

Agreed, but as you said, showing that you can win at UNLV is huge. Not just for the university and the city, but also for potential coaching candidates in the future. Don't be afraid to come to UNLV and have it end your coaching career.

Remember, last season, a lot of people were starting to talk about Arroyo getting poached too. So let's wait and see how things go for the remainder of the season.
Speaking of Arroyo poaching... what do we think his return to coaching is gonna be? FCS HC (I am thinking Big Sky or UAC), G5 HC (not sure he would have the opportunity), G5 OC? P5 OC? P5 positions coach?

It's an interesting place to be for a program like ours. I dont think year 1 there is much to be concerned about. But if year 2 is 8+, I could see lower P5s coming in with offers. If he goes 3 years and multiple 8 win seasons, I think bigger things come his way. Still, it's a ways off. It would be great to get a guy like Gary Patterson on staff as a consultant or similar. If spots open up beyond one for Hunkie, having GP in place would be awesome.

The difference with Odom would be a few things.

The combination of high quality facilities and the fact that we are willing to pay top of the MW bucks for a coach will give us more suitors than before.

A lot of people have been waiting for UNLV to break out, since there are things going for the program.

I agree, I would be very nervous if that were to happen. Success with Odom, then fingers crossed.

Something working in any G5 program worrying about losing their HC this season is that the Oregon State and Washington State HC’s will likely be higher on the P5 wish list than Odom, Fresno’s coach, etc. Those two have shown success building a P5 winner. They could transition easier (in my opinion) and the fanbase would be more excited given that they’ve done well in a P5 conference.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT