Rebel1986

Rebel Legend
Feb 25, 2011
Las Vegas
Coach Tony Sanchez‏Verified account@UNLVSanchez 5h5 hours ago
1f534.png
26ab.png
#HeyReb X 2

This could be the Darran Williams who played High School Football at Sante Fe High in Oklahoma. He wasn't rated by 247 sports as a High School Sr. He then goes to NEO Jr. College where last year he led his confence in yards per game (112 or close to it) as well as rushing T.D.'s. He would have the potential to have a huge impact for UNLV in 2019. BIG recruit. Go Rebels

I got a chance to visit with Coach Sanchez today during spring practice today. I asked him about why we haven't heard about Darren Williams yet. The press release is today. One of the Coaches said he was the nation's 4th leading rushes last season (I guess that's just Junior College level). The big hurdle with him was waiting to make sure he qualified academically. UNLV stayed on him while others schools passed on him due to that delay. I will wait to see who was recruiting him, but I heard there was a couple of B-12 schools on him.
Tony also said they are still in on 2 more Grad transfers, nothing fianalized with them yet.
As far as the what made the biggest impression on me at practice today, it wasn't even close: the Fertita Football Complex. It's huge, it covers the entire width of the 2 practice football fields situated just at the north end of the fields. You bet that's going to make a difference in recruiting.
I told Tony I thought this has been his best class yet, and he agreed.
The team looked good at practice. Good hits on defense by McCoy, White, Vic, and Alexander today, as well as others.
Chad had a long TD run. it was a fun day at practice. I won't make too many, and I am not a sideline reporter, so Bull keep up the good work.

Darren Williams is listed with 223 car 1427 yards 6.4 avg 13 tds (12 rec 132 yards 1 td)
He made state in the 100m in Oklahoma at the 6A level in high school. Should be a talented group of backs with Charles Williams as the likely starter.
With big backs Hollandsworth, Magyar & Geeslin, they have a have a legit group of players that can do a lot of damage.

Darren Williams is listed with 223 car 1427 yards 6.4 avg 13 tds (12 rec 132 yards 1 td)
He made state in the 100m in Oklahoma at the 6A level in high school. Should be a talented group of backs with Charles Williams as the likely starter.
With big backs Hollandsworth, Magyar & Geeslin, they have a have a legit group of players that can do a lot of damage.

True Fresh Courtney Reese is super fast as well.

I'm wondering if they also brought this guy in because they don't think Walsh will get cleared?

His production was good.

True Fresh Courtney Reese is super fast as well.

I'm wondering if they also brought this guy in because they don't think Walsh will get cleared?

His production was good.

I have a hard time seeing Biaggio being cleared for this season.
Williams also looks pretty talented on paper with high production at the JC level. If Reese redshirts, he can pair with Biaggio in two years.

What are your thoughts on Tiger Geeslin among the running back mix out there?
He was a very productive player at Legacy HS that walked on this fall.

Reactions: CRhodes1983
As far as Biggio being cleared, per one of the coaches, the last two years the NCAA is approving more than they are turning down.
One thing I noticed about him today that I thought was real cool was a tattoo on his arm of a butterfly. A fitting tribute to a great American

Williams also looks pretty talented on paper with high production at the JC level. If Reese redshirts, he can pair with Biaggio in two years.

What are your thoughts on Tiger Geeslin among the running back mix out there?
He was a very productive player at Legacy HS that walked on this fall.

I like him. He'll have a tough time passing guys like C. Williams and Hollandsworth who I think are 1 and 1a right now. Magyar has had a couple big runs as well, one today in fact. Then you have Courtney Reese who despite being small is blazing fast.

He's gotten a few reps with the 2s here and there so he hasn't been completely buried on the depth chart.

We have a lot of talent at RB, we’ve been fortunate in that department. Chuck looks good and I m a fan of Tariq as well. Past them, its pretty much an open field of good talent. I d argue that Reese is at least as fast as Lex. Ali isn’t far behind. I had almost counted Magyar out of the picture, but as soon as I opened my mouth, he broke off for a huge long run.

Reactions: Sam-I-am

I was thinking Biaggio would be cleared. Hell, the NCAA just approved Martell's "hardship waiver" to Miami. I'm curious what his hardship excuse was besides Justin Fields taking his job.

Reactions: Sam-I-am and dcut03
I was thinking Biaggio would be cleared. Hell, the NCAA just approved Martell's "hardship waiver" to Miami. I'm curious what his hardship excuse was besides Justin Fields taking his job.

Something to do with the whole Meyer / Smith fiasco at Luckeye U !

Reactions: Sam-I-am
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT