ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Schedule

Will the opener at Houston still be a thing? That would be very convenient for me!

Don’t know, I think there’s a chance they try and schedule a FCS opponent instead because their schedule is a tough one for a newly signed HC.

Kansas : I don’t think they liked playing us in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. It’s a little late to be replacing us, so I think this stays on the schedule but I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled off a switcharoo.

Army game is definitely getting cancelled. They have too many games and have to cut some games.

No OOC opponent games are confirmed. Army, Kansas, Houston games are up in the air. Utah Tech is the only one I think is confirmed.
Oregon State is confirmed per Agreement but, no date set that I know of. They are technically out of conference aren't they? I think they are as they are playing for the Pac-12 per agreement.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Oregon State is confirmed per Agreement but, no date set that I know of. They are technically out of conference aren't they? I think they are as they are playing for the Pac-12.
They are out of conference, but the game takes place of a MWC game. So, they are one of 8 MWC/P2 games.

We still have the typical 4 OOC games (originally UH, KU, Army, and UT Tech) in addition to those 8.

They are out of conference, but the game takes place of a MWC game. So, they are one of 8 MWC/P2 games.

We still have the typical 4 OOC games (originally UH, KU, Army, and UT Tech) in addition to those 8.
I wonder who would be left for us to schedule if KU, UH and Army all pulled out on us?

Which coach set up this schedule? Was it Odom or Arroyo or a mix of both? I know it may change, but damn!

Don’t know, I think there’s a chance they try and schedule a FCS opponent instead because their schedule is a tough one for a newly signed HC.

Kansas : I don’t think they liked playing us in the Guaranteed Rate Bowl. It’s a little late to be replacing us, so I think this stays on the schedule but I wouldn’t be surprised if they pulled off a switcharoo.

Army game is definitely getting cancelled. They have too many games and have to cut some games.
Can only count 1 FCS towards bowl eligibility and they already play Utah Tech so I think the only way they do that is if there’s no other choice. I do think New Mexico St is looking for a game, so that could make some sense. Especially with Sanchez taking over there

Reactions: SilverSpoon
Can only count 1 FCS towards bowl eligibility and they already play Utah Tech so I think the only way they do that is if there’s no other choice. I do think New Mexico St is looking for a game, so that could make some sense. Especially with Sanchez taking over there
I was referring and responding to the question about Houston, they have a new HC and their schedule is rough. I know we have one FCS opponent already and Houston doesn’t.

Maybe 1 guaranteed win for them as it is and that’s Rice. So that’s why they might say screw it, pay us to cancel the game and schedule an easy opening game.

Reactions: unlv7163
I was referring and responding to the question about Houston, they have a new HC and their schedule is rough. I know we have one FCS opponent already and Houston doesn’t.

Maybe 1 guaranteed win for them as it is and that’s Rice. So that’s why they might say screw it, pay us to cancel the game and schedule an easy opening game.
I hope not :(.

Their schedule seems wrong. Only 3 noncon opponents with 9 Big 12 games. That can't be right. Can it?

RIght now their OOC is OU, Rice, and us,

They play Rice every year, so that isn't moving. I doubt that they give up OU, but that would be the game they would try to postpone to make their schedule more manageable.

But I would think that they will have no more than 8 Big 12 games which can open up a cupcake game.

Their schedule seems wrong. Only 3 noncon opponents with 9 Big 12 games. That can't be right. Can it?

They play Rice every year, so that isn't moving. I doubt that they give up OU, but that would be the game they would try to postpone to make their schedule more manageable.

But I would think that they will have no more than 8 Big 12 games which can open up a cupcake game.

It’s a home and home series agreement, they play in Norman in 2024, I doubt they axe a chance in 2028 to host Oklahoma. Houston axed Boise State from their 2024-25 schedule.

Reactions: UNLVbro
I know 8 games are set 7 MWC, and OSU
Fresno, Boise, Reno part home schedule

Me too I would rather play a tougher schedule next year and have them challenged.

Trying to debate … go to KU or Houston? Or both?
Both!
Kansas is the better team and there is some revenge factor. But a tough hill to climb. Totally possible too.
Houston gives us a good chance at a big 12 road win. Plus I can hopefully abuse my University of Houston contacts.
Also Houston does offer some big recruiting advantages. just saying.
Also beating 2 Big 12 teams on the road really helps build the case to join the conference. Also just sayin' !

Both!
Kansas is the better team and there is some revenge factor. But a tough hill to climb. Totally possible too.
Houston gives us a good chance at a big 12 road win. Plus I can hopefully abuse my University of Houston contacts.
Also Houston does offer some big recruiting advantages. just saying.
Also beating 2 Big 12 teams on the road really helps build the case to join the conference. Also just sayin' !
The 2nd to last sentence. That's what we are playing for. Bring them both on.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
When we went to Houston back in 2012... or 13? Whichever year it was... we had a great time. Never been to Kansas! But Houston was cool. I believe it was the first or second game at their then new stadium

I worked that game. They’re stadium is nice.

I was really looking forward to that Army game. I m sad its not going to happen. Was that the sacrifice for having one of the two Pac teams in our season? Seems like a terrible trade. I’d rather go to West Point than Pullman.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
I was really looking forward to that Army game. I m sad its not going to happen. Was that the sacrifice for having one of the two Pac teams in our season? Seems like a terrible trade. I’d rather go to West Point than Pullman.
Wasn’t our choice. They joined the AAC and had to make room for their conference schedule.

Also, we’re going to Corvallis to play Oregon state, not Pullman to play Washington state.

No it was the sacrifice of Army joining a conference

Reactions: RebelinWA
I will be at KU if the game is played. Not the same as basketball there but still would be interesting to check out. Better college atmosphere than Houston. Houston has the eats though.
The football game day experience isn't exactly great... lots of small tailgates at the houses that surround the stadium and the big party on the hill for Alumni but otherwise in my 3 years there I found it a bit lackluster. And with half a stadium missing it'll be interesting to see how that affects environment. Lawrence though is cool

Reactions: Boston Rebel 2
Army game replaced with Syracuse, at home.

That's a pretty solid replacement game! I like it.

I don't know too much about them, but it looks to be a winnable game against an ACC team. Syracuse was 6-7 last year. They started 4-0 with wins against Colgate, W. Michigan, Purdue and Army, before losing 5 in a row. Their only 2 wins in the ACC were 28-13 over Pittsburgh, and 35-31 over Wake Forest.

I don't know too much about them, but it looks to be a winnable game against an ACC team. Syracuse was 6-7 last year. They started 4-0 with wins against Colgate, W. Michigan, Purdue and Army, before losing 5 in a row. Their only 2 wins in the ACC were 28-13 over Pittsburgh, and 35-31 over Wake Forest.
I like it too, an upgrade over Army. I assume we will return the game which would be awesome because that is one I can travel to.

Syracuse added OSU transfer Kyle McCord at QB, so that makes it that much tougher. Will have to earn that one.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT