ADVERTISEMENT

20 Game MW Schedule Men's Basketball

I like this much better to be honest. It’s just more fair.

And it SHOULD lower the number of OOC Cupcakes. If you’re going to cut out a couple of games, I hope it’s Saint Bethesda and The Jesuit Institute of Somnambulism.
Yup, San Diego St, are complaining about "This limits, our non-conference schedule".
This, helps our NET, without scheduling Sister's of the Poor University and a D3 Team.

And it SHOULD lower the number of OOC Cupcakes. If you’re going to cut out a couple of games, I hope it’s Saint Bethesda and The Jesuit Institute of Somnambulism.
Considering the PAC/MWC merger or whatever else happens, I expect this will be short lived. Either the majority of the teams or all the teams from the MWC will likely end up merging with the PAC.

Considering the PAC/MWC merger or whatever else happens, I expect this will be short lived. Either the majority of the teams or all the teams from the MWC will likely end up merging with the PAC.
I would, also prefer the PAC 2/MWC merger, over this any day of the week too.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I would like to see a merge of the entire MWC, much easier that fighting a battle to get at least 9 teams to vote to terminate the MWC penalty, and everything else that would be involved. Then look towards Texas to see what schools we could recruit since even a small portion of the Texas market could help with future TV contracts.

Reactions: WYNN or Dye
The only team that is not happy with this is SDSU because what? Do they think they can survive going "independent"? Why the hell is Boise still getting extra money?

Unfortunately thats not what happens. Coaches place more value on the conference games so will end up still scheduling Nevada School for the Deaf and eliminate a game against a better school.

SDSU has a valid point in not wanting more MWC games, they do schedule up OOC and probably will eliminate a game or two vs the 3 PAC opponents, byu, Zags and St Marys that they played this year. The probably wouldnt schedule a game at Grand Canyon like they did this year, but they probably will continue to play in City opponents like Point Loma and St Katherines because you do need a few of those games.

The only team that is not happy with this is SDSU because what? Do they think they can survive going "independent"? Why the hell is Boise still getting extra money?
Because the agreement was in perpetuity! Until Boise State leaves the conference, they will continue to get the money every year.

If there is a merger with the PAC2 all MWC members will be included or it will trigger penalties of up to $140m so no one is getting left behind. BSU’s deal is with the MWC so it would die in the PAC. The MWC and PAC are looking at unequal revenue sharing.

If there is a merger with the PAC2 all MWC members will be included or it will trigger penalties of up to $140m so no one is getting left behind. BSU’s deal is with the MWC so it would die in the PAC. The MWC and PAC are looking at unequal revenue sharing.
The PAC2 would not be required to take all of the schools, but it would take 9 or more votes for the MWC to remove the penalty, which would force them to take at least those 9 or they would never vote to remove the penalty.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT