ADVERTISEMENT

2024 Schedule

I like it too, an upgrade over Army. I assume we will return the game which would be awesome because that is one I can travel to.

It's definitely a better name.

Not sure if this makes sense but the reward outweighs the risk.

Army and that offense can pose problems like Air Force.

So a risky game that doesn't move your needle as much if you win.

Nice to see we got a good replacement game for Army. A better program than Army, but still very beatable depending on our QB situation at the time.

This is also a game that could bring 35K plus with a decent crowd support for Syracuse.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Nice to see we got a good replacement game for Army. A better program than Army, but still very beatable depending on our QB situation at the time.

This is also a game that could bring 35K plus with a decent crowd support for Syracuse.
I would still love a game vs Army. Syracuse is cool because they will bring a lot fans to Vegas. But it won't be an easy game for either team. This will be a battle.

That's a pretty solid replacement game! I like it.

I don't know too much about them, but it looks to be a winnable game against an ACC team. Syracuse was 6-7 last year. They started 4-0 with wins against Colgate, W. Michigan, Purdue and Army, before losing 5 in a row. Their only 2 wins in the ACC were 28-13 over Pittsburgh, and 35-31 over Wake Forest.
It is winnable...but Cuse should be better than last season. All this assuming our QB is healthy we should be much better than our November team. Our new coach is recruiting at the highest level in 25 years. I expect a close game.

From reading on their message board, they seem to think they'll travel really well, and possibly outnumber unlv fans. If that were true, which I doubt, there would be 40-50k fans at that game. That would be incredible

From reading on their message board, they seem to think they'll travel really well, and possibly outnumber unlv fans. If that were true, which I doubt, there would be 40-50k fans at that game. That would be incredible
You remember which board said that? I didn't read anything like that.

We'll bring 5K...maybe a little more if the stars align. We have an away game at Cal so most east coast Cuse fans will choose one or the other.

Last edited:
If the Grant of Rights hold (which most experts think will) the ACC might lose a few teams around 2030. FSU will likely leave but after that who knows.

UNLV is actually a school mentioned as a candidate to build a western ACC division.

Interesting.

Funny I threw this idea out in the event the ACC lost Clemson FSU and Miami.

Basically two 9 team divisions. Atlantic and Pacific. Only play your division in regular season. Winners of divisions play in conference tourney. Reduces travel costs.

Far fetched but interesting discussion.

Interesting.

Funny I threw this idea out in the event the ACC lost Clemson FSU and Miami.

Basically two 9 team divisions. Atlantic and Pacific. Only play your division in regular season. Winners of divisions play in conference tourney. Reduces travel costs.

Far fetched but interesting discussion.
I don't see much movement until around 2029-30. That is when a couple TV contracts expire. The ACC has the network which is a big deal and something the B12 doesn't have. However, it loses ground monetarily with cord cutting. The battle brewing is over who is #3.

If you like talking realignment www.csnbbs.com has a board devoted to this. (Look under the "Lounge")

I don't know, but it sure feels like FSU doesn't want to wait until 2030 to leave the ACC.

We had an Army away game canceled. We hosted them last year.

I actually think a return game would be good. I'm sure many of you would like to visit upstate NY in the Fall.
Ok that makes sense then. I would like them to return it because I can drive there.

Sure they can leave
But the ACC has a contract
Most legal experts think FSU doesn't have a case.

Right now if they want to leave for 2025 it will cost them north of $500M.
Is that in cash, or can I put it on my credit card?
id buy that for a dollar GIF

If the Grant of Rights hold (which most experts think will) the ACC might lose a few teams around 2030. FSU will likely leave but after that who knows.

UNLV is actually a school mentioned as a candidate to build a western ACC division.
What? What about the mighty WSU Cougs? Are we mentioned as well?

UNLV is just a bunch of drunken womanizing gamblers. WSU is, well, a bunch of drunken womanizers. See the difference?

It depends on how far we have to climb to be in the top 12. No more than one loss.

The 6 top rated conference champions get a bid.

So the 2 highest G6 conference champions with get a bid. Which almost guarantees the MW champion a bid with the PAC dissolving.

So we could be a 2 or even 3 loss team and still get in, depending on the rest of the country.

The 6 top rated conference champions get a bid.

So the 2 highest G6 conference champions with get a bid. Which almost guarantees the MW champion a bid with the PAC dissolving.

So we could be a 2 or even 3 loss team and still get in, depending on the rest of the country.
LOL. Are we hoping the rest of the country have more than 2 or 3 losses?

UNLV is paying Syracuse to play us? OK, make sure it is a victory.
No team plays for free. In this case, I think they could sell enough tickets for the visiting team to cover what they are being paid. My expectation is the average crowds for UNLV are going to be in the low to mid 30's

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT