ADVERTISEMENT

2-2 Where are we headed?

ricovegas

UNLV Hall of Fame
Feb 18, 2008
Sunny Southern California, Newport Beach
Bye week couldn't have come at a better time. We have two weeks to work out the kinks in the passing game. I'm not as down on A. Rodgers as many are it was a bad effort I'm aware of that but I also think he rebounds.
Weather and routes were not ideal. I've noticed we've tried to get the ball downfield in deeper routes not a great way to improve your percentages but the thought was if we hit a couple we can get guys out of the box. Sometimes with some inaccurate passers they have a better chance of connecting airing it out then showing no touch on intermediate routes. I'm not sure if that's the situation with ARodgers I just know he can struggle.
I realize there are other qb's on the roster I would have given Gilliam a couple of possessions when we were blowing out PV. Oblad emergency use only.
Lets get A Rodgers some flood routes, bubble screens, etc to get his confidence going again let him watch his comeback drive against New Mexico last year. They'll get him turned around.
Defense looks much improved keep doing what you're doing Skip
Special teams return game ugh! Let's get some guys back there that are play makers.
We'll get it back

Bye week couldn't have come at a better time. We have two weeks to work out the kinks in the passing game. I'm not as down on A. Rodgers as many are it was a bad effort I'm aware of that but I also think he rebounds.
Weather and routes were not ideal. I've noticed we've tried to get the ball downfield in deeper routes not a great way to improve your percentages but the thought was if we hit a couple we can get guys out of the box. Sometimes with some inaccurate passers they have a better chance of connecting airing it out then showing no touch on intermediate routes. I'm not sure if that's the situation with ARodgers I just know he can struggle.
I realize there are other qb's on the roster I would have given Gilliam a couple of possessions when we were blowing out PV. Oblad emergency use only.
Lets get A Rodgers some flood routes, bubble screens, etc to get his confidence going again let him watch his comeback drive against New Mexico last year. They'll get him turned around.
Defense looks much improved keep doing what you're doing Skip
Special teams return game ugh! Let's get some guys back there that are play makers.
We'll get it back

I could not agree more. :fistbump:

Reactions: Sam-I-am
Bye week couldn't have come at a better time. We have two weeks to work out the kinks in the passing game. I'm not as down on A. Rodgers as many are it was a bad ...
We'll get it back
Good takes Rico

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT