ADVERTISEMENT

Pacific December 14

I'd say we're a quad 2 team, generally speaking if we're being honest with our recent history. But really only a mid tier quad 2.
We were on the cusp of being a quad 1 road team (for opponents) last season, but otherwise quad 2 pretty firmly.
Being a quad 1 neutral site team is probably what is necessary to be a at large candidate. Or at least close to it.

PAC 8?

"The withdrawal and termination fees are "waived if the entire 12-school Mountain West is accepted into the new Pac-12” "

The only thing that matters. I can't believe y'all are even commenting on this stupid clickbait X post by yet another washed up sports "expert" looking for an audience. A Pac8 is an idiotic idea.

Pac-12/14 or nothing.
Key points:

If the Pac-2 doesn't sign up for the 2nd year of the Scheduling Agreement which has to be signed by 09-01-2024 then maybe, big fkin maybe, there is some smell to that fart of a tweet. Even if there is a smell then if any kind of announcement is made prior to 08/02/2025 then the Pac-2 WILL have to pay withdrawal fees per the Scheduling Agreement. At that point which MWC team is going to risk paying double the $20 million dollars exit fees for less than one year notice to begin the 2025 Pac-8 football season? No one. We couldn't afford the $40 million dollar exit fee and the Pac-2 would be STUPID to pay the withdrawal fee. If we give notice following 08/02/2025 then we wouldn't be available to join the Pac-8 until the 2026 season provided we are willing to pay the $20 million exit fee at that time. In the mean time the Pac-2 will have to play the 2025 season of football as independents unless they invite some WAC, Sunbelt, AAC, or some other cross country teams. Good luck with that.

This tweet is all nonsense and unbelievable.

PAC 8?

I love this point. Another reason to keep it small. There will be potential future opportunities to add later.

Honestly would be good for two league in the west as well. Especially with the transfer rules now.

I really don't love the idea of a PAC/ACC merger...But it might be necessary to survive...

Figure ACC implodes..Miami/FSU/CLEMSON/UNC/DUKE/NC STATE (I could be forgetting somebody)

That would leave something like BC, SYRACUSE, PITT, Wake, VA Tech and UVA in limbo. One option that might work.

2 nine team divisions (East/West).

You only play your division (8 games plus your 4 OOC games) Regular season West/East champ play in conference title game. Would keep travel costs in check.

PAC 8?

Seems lean but if you think about it who else would not be dead weight in the MWC (Not trashing programs but TV markets).

I think and expansion fron 8 would include the following candidates.

As unappealing as it would be for a lot of WSU/OSU fans, taking Cal and possibly Stanford back if ACC collapses would seem a no brainer to me.

I think in that scenario you then pursue SMU and try and get UTSA to get into Texas market.

That would be a pretty solid football conference and not a bad basketball conference.
I love this point. Another reason to keep it small. There will be potential future opportunities to add later.

Honestly would be good for two league in the west as well. Especially with the transfer rules now.

PAC 8?

Seems lean but if you think about it who else would not be dead weight in the MWC (Not trashing programs but TV markets).

I think and expansion fron 8 would include the following candidates.

As unappealing as it would be for a lot of WSU/OSU fans, taking Cal and possibly Stanford back if ACC collapses would seem a no brainer to me.

I think in that scenario you then pursue SMU and try and get UTSA to get into Texas market.

That would be a pretty solid football conference and not a bad basketball conference.

PAC 8?

I’m not a fan of adding more than the 8. Unless they can get teams in the East.

There’s a huge drop off in terms of football and TV market for the remaining teams left.

MW will be fine. They can add New Mexico st, Utep, Montana, Montana St. North Dakota St. and South Dakota.
You forgot the smiley (aka I'm joking) emoji. I was unaware that UNLV's aspiration was to drop down to D-1AA.
Reactions: LVRebel2000

PAC 8?

I have no clue. But at least Canzano gives a source. Also, it really does make a lot of sense based on the current uncertainty with the ACC and potentially the Big 12 once the dominos fall. Maybe part of the old PAC migrates back west. Ultimately it will come down to what the media and TV execs want.
It makes sense except for the $50MM. Where is that money coming from? $8MM+ UNLV would have to kick in. I don't see that happening.

PAC 8?

"The withdrawal and termination fees are "waived if the entire 12-school Mountain West is accepted into the new Pac-12” "

The only thing that matters. I can't believe y'all are even commenting on this stupid clickbait X post by yet another washed up sports "expert" looking for an audience. A Pac8 is an idiotic idea.

Pac-12/14 or nothing.
At a minimum they need to have at least 12 teams.
ADVERTISEMENT

Filter

ADVERTISEMENT