ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Roster Changes

USC actually cooperated with NCAA, Arizona and Kansas told them blank themselves, they are going to get it.

No eyes today before the announcement?
Were they not sure if he was committing or not until it happened?

Well there you go.. I don't have Twitter but I was just assuming since nobody posted it here

Reactions: mrodius
Like how this roster is coming together! I like McCabe but feel much better knowing Baker can play the PG too. Good addition.

"It's going to be a good year for sure," he said. "I know for the past few years UNLV hasn't been as good but we're going to put this school back on the map and make some noise, and we're going for a tournament run."

I'm liking the roster so far. Seems like the Rebs are going to have guards that can D up, penetrate with the ball, and create good offensive chances and can shoot a little. The wings look to be athletic and can rebound, play D including help with protecting the rim, and score some. One good center that can protect the rim and can help offensively by not being a hindrance by at least being proficient in catching and passing the ball. I think they need at least one more big guy that can compete for the starting center spot and that will complete a pretty good roster.

Here's hoping for one more good big!

I'm liking the roster so far. Seems like the Rebs are going to have guards that can D up, penetrate with the ball, and create good offensive chances and can shoot a little. The wings look to be athletic and can rebound, play D including help with protecting the rim, and score some. One good center that can protect the rim and can help offensively by not being a hindrance by at least being proficient in catching and passing the ball. I think they need at least one more big guy that can compete for the starting center spot and that will complete a pretty good roster.

Here's hoping for one more good big!
I agree and if anything the team is way deeper which should help with competition. I think another five is all that is left. Of course not sure there are too many athletic fives hanging around as it appears KK is looking to push the pace base on the current roster make up. Which is strange but think this team currently looks to be better in transition than half court on offense. I would not have guessed that was coming when he was hired.

Reactions: mrodius and Trax0r
Does this mean it did not happen?
There was a time when recruit information was available in advance, both here and on the confidential site. That was mostly in the Rice era. Since then there has been very little info until about an hour or two before an official announcement from the player on twitter. I think the lack of info goes straight to the fact that there is no such thing as a secret as soon as three people know it. People who do know won't say any specifics because it's for sure they'll be outed and their inside info will dry up.

Reactions: bcvegaspt
There was a time when recruit information was available in advance, both here and on the confidential site. That was mostly in the Rice era. Since then there has been very little info until about an hour or two before an official announcement from the player on twitter. I think the lack of info goes straight to the fact that there is no such thing as a secret as soon as three people know it. People who do know won't say any specifics because it's for sure they'll be outed and their inside info will dry up.
Very true!

I won’t dare tell who I get information from, let alone share something that can’t be accessed publicly. I think the last thing I announced days in advance was us getting DJJ (how can you not be too excited to share that news?!?!). After him, I became a steel trap with specific info.

Jordan Brown just enter the portal. Any chance we can get him?
Would you really want Jordan Brown? Iknow he had a lot of stars next to his name, but Have you ever seen him play? I personally thought he was over-rated. Very raw with height and potential...but nah IMO

For your info, Moses Wood committed to Portland. The only players to go to higher leagues out of this years transfers out are Grill to Iowa St and Jenkins go Utah. I do not expect either of them 2 to light it up.

Reactions: RunRebelRun90
All of these transfers going to lower level programs says a lot about the low level of recruits playing for UNLV and helps to explain why they did so poorly last season!

Reactions: RunRebelRun90
For your info, Moses Wood committed to Portland. The only players to go to higher leagues out of this years transfers out are Grill to Iowa St and Jenkins go Utah. I do not expect either of them 2 to light it up.
Mbacke Diong committed to UCF. Just didn't see it elsewhere here, im not trying to say UCF is upward 😅.

He should do well there, I think.

Hate to say it but we’ve been at UCF and Portland level for quite some time now.

I hope CKK knows that this level is not nor will it ever be acceptable at UNLV.

We dropped to this level because the administration let it drop to this level.

I’m afraid we are stuck in medicocrity no matter how much we as fans deny it.

Reactions: Trax0r
Now Blake is gone! Instead of gaining talent we keep losing talent. You can’t tell me this is what the staff planned at all. Epic fail!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT