ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Roster Changes

Mbacke is gone. Damn don’t like that quote though. I’m hoping UNLV is a winning program next year. I don’t know if any top 30 teams would offer him many minutes.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: RebelScrub
Mbacke is gone. Damn don’t like that quote though. I’m hoping UNLV is a winning program next year. I don’t know if any top 30 teams would offer him many minutes.

Can't blame him for being frustrated. Four years and he hasn't been close to an NCAA tournament invite. But again, not a huge loss especially someone who doesn't have his heart in the program anymore. Wish him the best.

He did improve a little bit this year. I think with him not counting against the scholarship total next year it would have been nice to have him back for free. Oh well, Good luck and I hope he finds a situation he can be happy with.

We return what 2 guys (Wood and Blake) now that played minutes last year. Also have Coleman and Brown but we’re going to look nothing like last year’s team and I think that’s a good thing.

Reactions: RunRebelRun90
TJ Moss from South Carolina. Went to Findlay Prep.

Not special - but a solid player.

Nice assist to turnover ratio. Nice FT percentage. Played increasing minutes for Frank Martin each of his three years. ( played increasing minutes during the year to the point he was playing nearly the entire game for the last four games) 3 pt % not great but at least he can shoot a three and make around 1/3 of them. ( doesn't shoot many three's - shot 1/4 the number of three's than Jenkins) Not a scorer.( regressed in scoring from Freshman year)

Reactions: RebNReno

Diong always gave 100% and I appreciated that. He had some good games this year and did improve. He has a long way to go to get to the NBA as he wants but dude has the work ethic. He needs to be taken to a baseball field and learn to field ground balls bear handed to soften up those hands.

Just read the Deseret News, Saunders is making decision on the 15th between UNLV and BYU. He also is open to bigger schools but his height is a concern to some. His mixtape from Wasatch shows he is fast but doesn't show him dishing the dimes.

How can a person truly decide between BYU and UNLV? Cities are as 100% different as they can be.
usually I agree. But this case I believe Utah is home, so us being in the the running is a credit to this staff. If it's Utah ok, nice campus, but BYU with the honor code shit, F that. Not talking shit about Mormons(most of family is LDS) just BYU, which I hate and do miss games against.

usually I agree. But this case I believe Utah is home, so us being in the the running is a credit to this staff. If it's Utah ok, nice campus, but BYU with the honor code shit, F that. Not talking shit about Mormons(most of family is LDS) just BYU, which I hate and do miss games against.
Home can work both ways. For most it's a lure to stay near family. On the other side, some kids want to get away from home. I, for one, couldn't wait to get away from a domineering mother.

Reactions: mrodius
Home can work both ways. For most it's a lure to stay near family. On the other side, some kids want to get away from home. I, for one, couldn't wait to get away from a domineering mother.
great point, and me, I would have stayed at home until I was 60. Great thought man. Perspective.

3 of his HS teammates play (or will play) for BYU too. That has to be a factor too. Kind of a unique situation where 4 high school teammates could all play in college together.

I'm surprised Martinez hasn't been snatched up by Duke, UCLA, Gonzaga, or Baylor yet.
Martinez finds his school. At least all the 2020 freshman found decent landing spots. I was nervous some guys might not. Yeah Riverside basketball stinks but nothing wrong with getting a free degree from a UC school.

2 OU guy enters the portal this morning. Williams is a big guard we could use but he’s not a great outside shooter. I thought Harmon was going pro. Would be a huge add.

Last edited:
With USC getting 2 years probation any chance we land any of their players? Any players we'd want?

With USC getting 2 years probation any chance we land any of their players? Any players we'd want?

The way I read it is that they already had self imposed a scholly limit which has been completed and now just have a reduction in visits and recruiting days, so nothing that would cause a player to leave at least probation wise. With that said SC has a roster full of talent, so yeah I think there are guys that UNLV would want.

Reactions: JTthe2nd
I took some crap on this board saying they will not do much to amy P5 school. Now that USC has no post season ban, looks like I was pretty much right.

All probation means at a P5 school is that they get a slap in the wrist while still being at a huge recruiting advantage over most lower level programs, while the lower level programs get the book tossed at them!

All probation means at a P5 school is that they get a slap in the wrist while still being at a huge recruiting advantage over most lower level programs, while the lower level programs get the book tossed at them!
Damn right....it is nothing to USC.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT