ADVERTISEMENT

UNLV Roster Changes

RebNReno

NBA Draft Pick
Oct 17, 2015
CKK said he was meeting with every player this week to discuss what’s best for them. Here’s the first one that’s leaving. I expect more announcements will be coming soon.

Reactions: Rebel Hoya
I'm expecting Martinez to be leaving here shortly. I'm also expecting Brown which is too bad I saw him playing high School a few times and I thought he would make an impact on this team

I don't know how to link it but verbal commits reporting Martinez is in the transfer portal also.

My guess is we lose 7-8 guys! Hopefully it's mostly the younger guys and we keep most of the upperclassmen

I think that the transfer portal route is a good one for Kevin Kruger to clean up the roster. He knows what D1 players he needs for a high level program and I wonder if he has any foreign connections from his time in Europe?

It is typical that 100% of players now enter the transfer portal when a coach leaves. The questions are how many of the players end up staying, how many of those players you want to stay, and who is recruited to replace those who leave?

We're losing the kids we shouldn't have ever recruited.
It is typical that 100% of players now enter the transfer portal when a coach leaves. The questions are how many of the players end up staying, how many of those players you want to stay, and who is recruited to replace those who leave?
"It is typical that 100% of players now enter the transfer portal when a coach leaves."
??

Edoardo Del Cadia - was a waste of tax payers money who basically sat on the bench playing in a total of 4 games with a total of 2 free throws and zero buckets. This is a player that should have never been recruited to UNLV.

Jhaylon Martinez Had offers from UNLV and Northwestern. Really don't know much about him, and it appears he didn't play this last season.

Isaac Lindsey Had offers from UNLV, DePaul, and three lower level programs it also appears he didn't play this last season. Seems like the type of player that would be at a school for four years and most likely only play as a back up off the bench.

Donavan Yap. Another player that only played in one game this last season.

Of the four players that have gone to the transfer portal, there was a total of less than 10 minutes played and a total of two points scored. It seems obvious that none of these players was even getting off the bench last season. If these players couldn't even get playing time on a team with a losing record, what does that say about the skill level, what does that say about the recruiting, and what does that say about the coaching?

Edoardo Del Cadia - was a waste of tax payers money who basically sat on the bench playing in a total of 4 games with a total of 2 free throws and zero buckets. This is a player that should have never been recruited to UNLV.

Jhaylon Martinez Had offers from UNLV and Northwestern. Really don't know much about him, and it appears he didn't play this last season.

Isaac Lindsey Had offers from UNLV, DePaul, and three lower level programs it also appears he didn't play this last season. Seems like the type of player that would be at a school for four years and most likely only play as a back up off the bench.

Of the four players that have gone to the transfer portal, there was a total of less than 10 minutes played and a total of two points scored. It seems obvious that none of these players was even getting off the bench last season. If these players couldn't even get playing time on a team with a losing record, what does that say about the skill level, what does that say about the recruiting, and what does that say about the coaching?
Bingo.

Del Cadia actually flashed potential late last year. I think if he would have been the starting 4, Unlv would have been somewhat better last year.

Does this mean Kevin K diasagreed with offers to many of last years recruiting class?

The stats you show on Del Cadia are not accurate. Look it up for proof. Del Cadia actually flashed potential late in the season. I think if he would have been the starting 4, Unlv would have been somewhat better last year. Not saying he is great as he cannot jump much, but he could drive to the hole. I believe he even got into double figures in scoring one game.

Does this mean Kevin K diasagreed with offers to many of last years recruiting class? It would be interesting to know what the decision process was to take some of these players who had not much of a chance to suceed.

Reactions: GreedyGreg
Pretty much what I expected to happen. Just shows how bad TJ missed on the 2020 class. I’d like to hear something from Blake and Tillis confirming they’re coming back. Brown is the other 2020 recruit that didn’t get much time last year.

Pretty much what I expected to happen. Just shows how bad TJ missed on the 2020 class. I’d like to hear something from Blake and Tillis confirming they’re coming back. Brown is the other 2020 recruit that didn’t get much time last year.
This. I would have been good with EDC staying, but the other 3 had to put their names in. Brown, unsure. Blake and Tillis are the young guys i hope they make a point to hold on to.

They're kids playing sports...they aren't getting paid. Trying to juggle athletics and academics is tough. They aren't "bums" ..maybe they aren't "superstars", but remember they are just kids and they do read the boards.. So be nice, would you call them "bums" to their face ? probably not.

Grill got huge minutes for not much production last year. If anyone had not much to complain about, it was him. I think he could be a great spot up shooter. This is a loss to Unlv.

They're kids playing sports...they aren't getting paid. Trying to juggle athletics and academics is tough. They aren't "bums" ..maybe they aren't "superstars", but remember they are just kids and they do read the boards.. So be nice, would you call them "bums" to their face ? probably not.
Of all the two games I’ve been able to watch at the bar, Del Cadia is a little bit higher than bum status. I thought he was one of the better pickups that could help next years team.

Reactions: GreedyGreg
I here what your saying, definitely don't want him to be a starter for us but would of been a good player coming off the bench. A couple more years under Kruger and I think he would of developed in to a good rotation player. Same thing with Grill, he would show flashes of really good play and of all the players he tried playing good defense the most! You need guys like these, they give you that spark from time to time! But your definitely right, we need to recruit higher level players to be out starters!
I like Tillis and all but I don't think this one really makes any bit of a difference for UNLV. He was very slow not a good defender, it did seem like he had a good basketball IQ but if we're relying on guys with his talent level will be at the bottom of the mountain West for sure.

Wow, how could tillis leave? He got more opportunity than he ever could have realistically hoped for. But if he demanded to start for sure, then I could see coaching staff cutting him loose.

That is 5 of the 7 new guys brought in last year gone. Wow! Must not have been a happy ship this last year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT