ADVERTISEMENT

Line ‘em up: Predictions and Game Thread SJSU

We will lead by 12 with 10 minutes to go. Miles will switch to a zone. We will struggle shooting from the outside but DJ will dictate the offense better than in years past. 3-4 point win for us. Nobody will feel good about the game after.

Miles will go zone quickly to shut off our inside game. Rebels are simply not a good 3pt shooting team so we will struggle and lose by 10.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
I wouldn't be surprised if UNLV wins easily. It seems like they get up for one game and then the next game comes around and they sleep walk through the game. Air Force was the sleep walk, so this game should be an easy win. If they can't win this game, UNLV may not even reach a dozen wins this year.

Tim Miles exposed Kevin Krugers vaunted switch everything defense from last year. He’ll 100% out coach him again tonight, it’s just a question if UNLVs talent lets them win in spite of him.

Tim Miles exposed Kevin Krugers vaunted switch everything defense from last year. He’ll 100% out coach him again tonight, it’s just a question if UNLVs talent lets them win in spite of him.
If KK isn’t smart enough to counter what SJSU has shown what they’re doing to do, that’s getting your ass owned with xs and os by a coach. Adjustments haven’t been strong half to half, but you should be able to develop counters year to year.

Reactions: LVRebel2000
Miles will go zone quickly to shut off our inside game. Rebels are simply not a good 3pt shooting team so we will struggle and lose by 10.
Hmm. This is looking very accurate. SJSU swarming post and our big guys are turning it over. Our defense absolutely getting torched. Down 8 early.

Not saying it will or will not happen, but if UNLV gets torched in this game, I wonder if Coach Kruger will make it to the end of the season?

Seems unlv always goes for athletes that do not have great basketball skills such as ball handling and shooting. Game requires more skill these days. SJSU making us look bad as they can really run offense. We just chuck it to someone and hope they can make a play and that forces us into tough shots.

They finally turned it on in the latter part of the second half. Defense was horrendous and Kalib looked soft…I didn’t like his body language at all. He was lazy on defensive rotations, rebounding and just looked out of it. Hicks was solid tonight though. He was all over the floor; being aggressive without making poor decisions. I really enjoyed watching him tonight.

Lucky to win this game. Nothing to write home about. Kalib looks softer every game and sometimes he looks like he doesn't want to be here.
Unfortunately it has been that way for much of the team most of this season. How many times have they played a complete game?

Dude I watched Royal Rumble at a friend’s house after lady Rebels.

Didn’t watch the men’s game.

Lucky to win this game. Nothing to write home about. Kalib looks softer every game and sometimes he looks like he doesn't want to be here.
On the flip side, I feel like Whaley has really embodied that physical big nature. And he has nice touch and a good pivot sense. You're right about Kalib though

Reactions: RebelScrub